The idea that no solution exists never occurs to them & in this lies their strength

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
At risk of being called arrogant and consescending I suggest this thread best characterizes both the Tea Party and neo-Republican Party adherents.
It seems each has come down to this pharse, "aint't it awful".
The former oppose government, and there is no doubt there is reason to be disgusted with how those elected officials in government today have performed, and the latter oppose Demcorats, claiming they will be different (this time, even though they helped create the mess).
But neither the Tea Party nor neo-Republicans offer an alternative, at least one that is viable and a practical soluton to the mess made by Washington.
Ain't if awful Obama...
Ain't if awful Pelosi...
Ain't if awfu Reid...
Whiners all.

At risk of being called arrogant and consescending I suggest this thread best characterizes both the Tea Party and neo-Republican Party adherents.
The former oppose government, and there is no doubt there is reason to be disgusted with how those elected officials in government today have performed, and the latter oppose Demcorats, claiming they will be different (this time, even though they helped create the mess).
But neither the Tea Party nor neo-Republicans offer an alternative, at least one that is viable and a practical soluton to the mess made by Washington.
Ain't if awful Obama...
Ain't if awful Pelosi...
Ain't if awfu Reid...
Whiners all.

blah blah blah blah blah

Ain't if awful Obama...
Ain't if awful Pelosi...
Ain't if awfu Reid...
Whiners all.
You're both arrogant and condescending.

Happy now?

Ain't if awful Obama...
Ain't if awful Pelosi...
Ain't if awfu Reid...
Whiners all.
You're both arrogant and condescending.

Happy now?

I expect nothing more from you; sadly, that's all you've got.

The solution to our problems in Washington lies in the people themselves, as usual. If we stop giving up our ability to govern ourselves, there will be less corruption in Washington.

But they do.
Elect Representatives and Senators that are for the Constitution and not the parties.

Ain't if awful Obama...
Ain't if awful Pelosi...
Ain't if awfu Reid...
Whiners all.

Republicans and democrats are two sides of the same coin...and that coin is counterfeit.

Ain't if awful Obama...
Ain't if awful Pelosi...
Ain't if awfu Reid...
Whiners all.

Its the same ole same ole from the bigots on the right-"Cut spending, lower taxes"- as if thats any sort of solution to our economic crisis. Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, with their willingness to spend more in wise, productive ways, and their embrace of realistic (and yes higher) taxes are a breah of fresh air.:clap2:

As usual those on the right, Tea Baggers (I really enjoy posting that term) and neo-Republicans don't really have any ideas. They're stuck on - as noted above - cut taxes, cut spending, reduce the size of government and then they dance the Henny Penny Polka ("Oh NO! The sky is falling")
Nowhere do the 'dudes' and dudettes ever express an idea, a suggestion or a hint that they have ever thought through the problem of (pick one) Illegal Immigration; Job Creation; Deficits; Economic Crisis' in the several states, healthcare, border security, etc. etc.
Any 'ideas' are solely based on emotion, never critical thinking or concern for the consequences of what the action may produce.

As usual those on the right, Tea Baggers (I really enjoy posting that term) and neo-Republicans don't really have any ideas. They're stuck on - as noted above - cut taxes, cut spending, reduce the size of government

The only problem is those are ideas. LOL

Ones that actually work unlike the uncontrolled spending your buddies are doing right now.

Really? You cut taxes after 2001. How did that work?

You had your chance to cut spending, what did you do?

You had your chance to reduce the size of government, what did you do?

Have we any reason to believe anything you say?

Really? You cut taxes after 2001. How did that work?

You had your chance to cut spending, what did you do?

You had your chance to reduce the size of government, what did you do?

Have we any reason to believe anything you say?

Why do you keep saying you had the chance? I didn't have any say in anything the republicans did last time around, and was screaming my head off about how they were not behaving like conservatives.

They were fake conservatives governing like liberals when it came to spending. I will not defend them for one second.

However none of that makes what the dems are doing any better for us :)

Ain't if awful Obama...
Ain't if awful Pelosi...
Ain't if awfu Reid...
Whiners all.

Its the same ole same ole from the bigots on the right-"Cut spending, lower taxes"- as if thats any sort of solution to our economic crisis. Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, with their willingness to spend more in wise, productive ways, and their embrace of realistic (and yes higher) taxes are a breah of fresh air.:clap2:

Wow, I didn't know we had a stand up comic on the board, where are you appearing so we can skip the rest of your act?

There is a reason why we always encourage our leaders to live by the principles of thrift and cut spending and taxes. Because it works.

The Deepest Depression of the United States happened in 1920. We were out of it within a year because of tax cuts and across the board spending cuts.

The Great Depression of 1930, we spent more than ever and taxed more than ever. And shocker, it lasted until World War II.

Another Depression was predicted after World War II. It didn't happen. Why? Because we cut spending and taxes and paid off our debt.

It's not a coincidence that tax and spending cuts lead to economic booms. Or that higher taxes and higher spending lead to long recession/depression.

As usual those on the right, Tea Baggers (I really enjoy posting that term) and neo-Republicans don't really have any ideas. They're stuck on - as noted above - cut taxes, cut spending, reduce the size of government

Ones that actually work unlike the uncontrolled spending your buddies are doing right now.

Ideas? I suggest the're platitudes. Spending was out of control under Bush&Co, he wanted, the R's in control gave.
Now the R's say we are REALLY fiscally responsible (the first decade of this new century was an anomily), Trust us.
IMHO your post and their words are total bull shit. The R party supports Corporte America - the elite of the R party don't give a shit about middle class America.

There is a reason why we always encourage our leaders to live by the principles of thrift and cut spending and taxes. Because it works.

The Deepest Depression of the United States happened in 1920. We were out of it within a year because of tax cuts and across the board spending cuts.

The Great Depression of 1930, we spent more than ever and taxed more than ever. And shocker, it lasted until World War II.

Another Depression was predicted after World War II. It didn't happen. Why? Because we cut spending and taxes and paid off our debt.

It's not a coincidence that tax and spending cuts lead to economic booms. Or that higher taxes and higher spending lead to long recession/depression.

You are using far to many actual facts in your post for a liberal to follow it.

Ideas? I suggest the're platitudes. Spending was out of control under Bush&Co, he wanted, the R's in control gave.
Now the R's say we are REALLY fiscally responsible (the first decade of this new century was an anomily), Trust us.
IMHO your post and their words are total bull shit. The R party supports Corporte America - the elite of the R party don't give a shit about middle class America.

Well someone better get fiscally responsible damned quick. And I certainly didn't see it in the last Administration and damned sure not in this one.

Well someone better get fiscally responsible damned quick. And I certainly didn't see it in the last Administration and damned sure not in this one.

How do you define "fiscally responisble"? I define it as putting a new roof on the house before a storm destroys the house, even if I have to borrow the money.,
As I suggested, the R's and the self defined 'conservatives' have a different approach.
What say you?

They are only platitudes if you say them but don't actually do it.

Like I said I will not defend the Republicans who have were in power. They did not behave in anyway like true conservatives, and we are paying for that now.

However that does not make the fact that the Dems are spending even more, and expanding federal power even more, any better for us all.

Forum List

Back