The Immigration Plan that may never be...

Instead of immigration reform, call it what it really is, national euthanasia.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/29/opinion/immigration-reform-has-finally-begun.html?hp&_r=0

Does anyone really think that the GOP loons in the House will go along with this?:eusa_whistle:

As I've listened to Marco Rubio describe the bill I do believe it could gain support. The real question should be will the democrats try to gut the enforcement from the bill rendering it pointless?

When we see someone addressing ending birthright citizenship and chain migration, we'll be looking at a serious proposal. Until then, it's just amnesty.

Rubio is a serious guy and a serious contender for 2016...... and, yes indeed a tea partier, so yea I guess that makes him a loon....:rolleyes:

I think the gop has made some significant compromises, so to have the dems- BUT they will be required to take more forward or that is positive action to fulfill their part of the bargain, and of course I am skeptical, trust but versify, for now I will support it.

BUT-I just wanted to get this in before Obamas speech on this- he, Durbin, and a few select others poisoned the last bill that had a decent chance of passing.

Obama today in his speech will tell us where he stands;

a) will he fell impugned by the Gang of 8 Senators and blow it up? ( like he did during the last debt ceiling debate wherein the senate had a deal and when he heard that he went back and violated a nodding agreement with Boehner and asked for more money where in Boehner walked?)

b) will he blow it up becasue the dems NEED this as an issue, as they did in 2012, 2008 etc. If this issue is solved and off the table, what lever will they use to keep Hispanics pissed off at the gop then?

c) will he do the rope a dope, that is, say just enough, add enough doubt to keep it in play so they don't vote it until after the mid terms in 2014?

d) will he ( the dems altogether) appear to go along, then as a group spring the trap ( in time for it to play for 2014)- and add a poison pill at the last minute, something like; oh, Family Reunification i.e. grandfathers, grandmothers or brothers sisters etc, still in Mexico get special treatment so they can join their relatives here? You kn ow you republicans are the party of the family, how could you possibly say not to that? :lol:

In the end, this bill as it is laid out on the comprehensive points, I give maybe 40-60 chance, yup, I am cynical as hell..:badgrin:

The proposal doesn't address reality. There won't be 11 million people legalized, there will be upwards of 50 million. And, what's most laughable, is that mental masturbation has convinced liberals and hisipanics (including Marco Rubio) that somehow the only illegals affected will speak spanish.

Ramsay Yousef was here illegally. He took advantage of the 1986 amnesty and blew up the world trade center in 1993. How about that amnesty stuff, good deal right?

does anybody really think our borders will actually be protected by Obama....?

twenty years ago California was begging for help to seal the border.

The right in this country told us "take care of it yourself you stupid liberals"

I like the idea. We need more visas and a path to citizenship coupled with more enforcement and I wouldn't oppose ending birthright citizenship.

NEVER

if you are born here you are an American

YOU will never get that one so give it up

I like the idea. We need more visas and a path to citizenship coupled with more enforcement and I wouldn't oppose ending birthright citizenship.

NEVER

There are exactly two developed modern nations with birthright citizenship, the US and Canada. Every other nation has realized the serious complications birthright citizenship grants in this day and age and changed their laws accordingly. While we may be the last nation to fix the problem, I have full confidence we will fix it.

NEVER

Why are you so wedded to the idea of birthright citizenship? Are you OK with pregnant foreigners scheduling trips to the U.S. just for the purpose of establishing U.S. citizenship for their children? Do you understand that is a ruse for circumventing our immigration laws?

I think that birthright citizenship should be restricted to circumstances where at least one parent is a legal permanent resident of the U.S.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/29/opinion/immigration-reform-has-finally-begun.html?hp&_r=0

Does anyone really think that the GOP loons in the House will go along with this?:eusa_whistle:

As I've listened to Marco Rubio describe the bill I do believe it could gain support. The real question should be will the democrats try to gut the enforcement from the bill rendering it pointless?

President Oblunder is going to answer that question for you:

Like the senators' plan, Obama's proposal calls for a pathway to citizenship for many of the 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. The senators' plan would grant "probationary legal status" immediately to eligible undocumented immigrants, but would not allow them to apply for permanent legal status, or a green card, until the border is deemed to be secure. Think of that as a trigger system.

On the other hand, administration officials told media outlets that they believe a path to citizenship needs to be more straightforward. They believe a trigger system, like the one in the senate plan, could lead to a state of legal limbo for the undocumented immigrants who receive legal status, The Washington Post reported.

The border-security-first plan, however, is essential to Republican senators who signed onto the Senate "Gang of Eight" deal.

"I will not be supporting any law that does not ensure that the enforcement things happen," Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a member of the group, told conservative blogger Ed Morrissey on his web radio show.

Obama Immigration Reform Plan: More Direct Path to Citizenship Than Senate - ABC News

So basically, Oblunder is going to attempt to sabotage this bipartisan plan.

The man is a walking contradiction. He wants bipartianship, we finally get it, and now he wants to fuck it up.

If amnesty is passed (legalizing 40,000,000+ illegal aliens), it's over. America as we now know it is done for. It actually is that simple.

Voting for an amnesty bill is no more or less than treason.

"Two former Republican secretaries of Homeland Security joined current Secretary Janet Napolitano in calling for comprehensive immigration reform during a Politico Breakfast event on Monday morning and defended the Obama administration’s recent release of thousands of undocumented immigrants from detention. Last week, conservatives characterized the release of nonviolent immigrants ahead of the looming budget cuts that went into effect on Friday, as an effort to “politicize” the cuts or exert retribution against states like Arizona.

Speaking alongside former Secretaries Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff at an event to mark the Department’s anniversary, Napolitano explained that the majority of the releases were the result of the normal “ebb and flow” of moving individuals in and out of detention. “Several hundred are related to sequester but it wasn’t thousands,” she said, adding that more immigrants will be released as budget cuts are implemented."

:eusa_whistle:

NEVER

Birthright citizenship in this country is there because of law, not our Constitution and laws can be changed.

Forum List

Back