The Immigration Plan that may never be...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/29/opinion/immigration-reform-has-finally-begun.html?hp&_r=0

Does anyone really think that the GOP loons in the House will go along with this?:eusa_whistle:

As I've listened to Marco Rubio describe the bill I do believe it could gain support. The real question should be will the democrats try to gut the enforcement from the bill rendering it pointless?

President Oblunder is going to answer that question for you:

Like the senators' plan, Obama's proposal calls for a pathway to citizenship for many of the 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. The senators' plan would grant "probationary legal status" immediately to eligible undocumented immigrants, but would not allow them to apply for permanent legal status, or a green card, until the border is deemed to be secure. Think of that as a trigger system.

On the other hand, administration officials told media outlets that they believe a path to citizenship needs to be more straightforward. They believe a trigger system, like the one in the senate plan, could lead to a state of legal limbo for the undocumented immigrants who receive legal status, The Washington Post reported.

The border-security-first plan, however, is essential to Republican senators who signed onto the Senate "Gang of Eight" deal.

"I will not be supporting any law that does not ensure that the enforcement things happen," Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a member of the group, told conservative blogger Ed Morrissey on his web radio show.

Obama Immigration Reform Plan: More Direct Path to Citizenship Than Senate - ABC News

So basically, Oblunder is going to attempt to sabotage this bipartisan plan.

The man is a walking contradiction. He wants bipartianship, we finally get it, and now he wants to fuck it up.

It all plays into his theatrical blame game, he's been in campaign mode for so long he has not intent of governing.

I'm curious as to how they "secure the border." Fences and even drones with hellfire missles aren't gonna get it done. There's no difference between now and 1985. We have to have real documentation, and real negative consequences for employers who flout verification. The gop didn't want those consequences then, and the dems weren't too hot for "show us your papers." for And of course we'd have to have deportation for those who don't qualify for documentation.

But hey, you think old guys laid off by autoworkers can lay roofing or concrete? No way. We need these folks.

Poooorrrrrrrr Teabaggin' xenophobes......

It's lookin' like the Jesus-freaks are.....

"Leaders of the largest evangelical churches came out this week in support of granting citizenship to undocumented immigrants. The liberal approach is a surprising shift for a group so closely affiliated with the most conservative wing of the GOP, and the lobbying push that churches are embarking on in tandem with their new position could have a big impact on Republican leaders in Congress—most of whom are still uncomfortable supporting citizenship because they see it as rewarding lawbreakers.

So far the news reports documenting the shift have focused on new interpretations of the Bible that provide a rationale for immigration reform—particularly a passage from Matthew 25:35-40 that says, “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.” An evangelical writer and Denver Seminary professor named M. Daniel Carroll R. played a big part in the turnaround. His 2008 book, Christians at the Border, caused many ministers and church members to change their thinking, says Barrett Duke, vice president in charge of public policy and research for the Southern Baptist Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission."

:thewave:

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

Forum List

Back