The Jihad Cult: Why Young Germans Are Answering Call to Holy War.

What's that got to do with Germany?

Your sickness must be eating your brain.

Hundreds of young German Islamists have traveled to Syria to fight with the terrorist group Islamic State. SPIEGEL explored the extremist scene in Germany and the fascination with jihad in order to find answers about what drives people to join the murderous cult.

Why Young Germany Are Answering Call to War in Syria - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Can't help but consider the obvious paralell between IS jihadists and the fledgling state of Israel's call in the late 40s. Jews from all over flocked to Israel to help establish the state of Israel. Today it's Muslims doing the very same thing for their's. Yet one was 'good' and the latest one is 'bad.' Perhaps unfairly so.

And most ironically, when foreign fighters get 'bussed in' to fight for IS against Syria, the very side the US is allied with, that's STILL illegal.

West needs to get out of the nation-building line of work. If they wanna shuffle things around and fight for control, let em. seems to me the more they fight, the fewer of them there then are.

Sorry. I don't get that (obvious ??) parallel at all. Or the need to make one.

It was a German (translated) article in a German publication, concerning what is going on in Germany today.

On-going issues being violent clashes on the streets between Moslem gangs of youths and Kurds.

Know anything about that group without bringing Israel into it?

I know that when we visited Berlin in 2006, there were giant Islamic swaths of the city where the police refused to go. London's getting to be the same way.

Hundreds of young German Islamists have traveled to Syria to fight with the terrorist group Islamic State. SPIEGEL explored the extremist scene in Germany and the fascination with jihad in order to find answers about what drives people to join the murderous cult.

Can't help but consider the obvious paralell between IS jihadists and the fledgling state of Israel's call in the late 40s. Jews from all over flocked to Israel to help establish the state of Israel. Today it's Muslims doing the very same thing for their's. Yet one was 'good' and the latest one is 'bad.' Perhaps unfairly so.

And most ironically, when foreign fighters get 'bussed in' to fight for IS against Syria, the very side the US is allied with, that's STILL illegal.

West needs to get out of the nation-building line of work. If they wanna shuffle things around and fight for control, let em. seems to me the more they fight, the fewer of them there then are.
The West needs to allow open recruitment by ISIS et al, and get rid of troublemakers.

Most get killed, no loss.

Young Germans like war; it is in the DNA.

They are the most docile lot I've ever encountered.

We're talking about German Turks here. Maybe some Chechens.

Germany like any other industrial country experienced labor shortage. They had to bring in immigrants to remedy that.

They had two options:
a) They could have brought in darker skinned immigrants from Sri Lanka, Mexico, etc.
b) They could have brought in lighter skinned immigrants from Turkey, Bosnia, etc.

They chose the option b). Although I do not approve this sort of discriminatory policy but I understand the decision given the lighter skinned tone of native German population. You have to realize that it is all about skin color in Europe. That is how they decide what is good or bad.

Germany is a sovereign nation as such it has right to make independent immigration policy as it sees fit. Who are we to complain about Germany's immigration policies? We do not even live in Germany.

Germany like any other industrial country experienced labor shortage. They had to bring in immigrants to remedy that.

They had two options:
a) They could have brought in darker skinned immigrants from Sri Lanka, Mexico, etc.
b) They could have brought in lighter skinned immigrants from Turkey, Bosnia, etc.

They chose the option b). Although I do not approve this sort of discriminatory policy but I understand the decision given the lighter skinned tone of native German population. You have to realize that it is all about skin color in Europe. That is how they decide what is good or bad.

Germany is a sovereign nation as such it has right to make independent immigration policy as it sees fit. Who are we to complain about Germany's immigration policies? We do not even live in Germany.

I live there.

They had two options:

I live there.

In that case, please, by all means complain away :)

So, it seems like your gripe is that German Turks instead of remedying the labor shortage of Germany are remedying the labor shortage of ISIS. Am I in the ballpark?

They had two options:

I live there.

So, it seems like your gripe is that German Turks instead of remedying the labor shortage of Germany are remedying the labor shortage of ISIS. Am I in the ballpark?

Who's complaining or griping?

They had two options:

I live there.

I got ya. You are not German. You just live there. So you do not care enough to complain. You are simply making a casual observation and sharing that with us.

They had two options:

I live there.

I got ya. You are not German. You just live there. So you do not care enough to complain. You are simply making a casual observation and sharing that with us.

It was Spiegel making the observation about German social problems. And they DO have them, like other countries.

I'm living in the US right now, and there are a few gripes here to observe. :dev3:

They had two options:

I live there.

It was Spiegel making the observation about German social problems. And they DO have them, like other countries.

I'm living in the US right now, and there are a few gripes here to observe. :dev3:

My bad. For some strange reason, I thought you were in Germany. I hear you though. You are just sharing the news you read on Der Spiegel. I share news quite often myself. And some time people think I am complaining. They do not seem to understand the difference between news sharing and complaining.

I feel bad about interrupting your momentum.

I live there.

My bad. For some strange reason, I thought you were in Germany. I hear you though. You are just sharing the news you read on Der Spiegel. I share news quite often myself. And some time people think I am complaining. They do not seem to understand the difference between news sharing and complaining.

Er what?

I said I live in Germany. And at the moment I am living in the US. After that
I shall be living some place else for a while.

Don't feel bad about not interrupting anything.

Er what?

I said I live in Germany. And at the moment I am living in the US. After that
I shall be living some place else for a while.

Don't feel bad about not interrupting anything.

I got it. You are a permanent resident of Germany but you travel a lot. At the moment, you are in the U.S. Well, welcome to the U.S. I hope you liked your stay.

Sometimes interruptions are inevitable. That is the way it is.

Is there something being done by Germans to halt the German Turks remedying the labor shortage of the wrong entity? Or, are Germans simply sharing the news reported by Der Spiegel and doing nothing kind of like us? I think Germans are one group of people we should not encourage too much action from for it can have devastating consequences as history witnesses.

Given the numbers of German Muslims radicalisation is actually quite low here. Britain has more of a problem and its own smaller Muslim population are more radicalised. I and most Germans ( including Turks)have been quite horrified though by seeing IS banners on German streets and a return of anti Semitic slogans and sentiments.

Forum List

Back