The largest labor federation in the country calls on Biden to cancel student debt: 'We cannot ask working people to make further sacrifices'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
So now we're to the point, that paying off YOUR OWN damn debt, is making sacrifices?!!
God please give me strength to not kill these people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The AFL-CIO, the largest labor federation in the US, called on Biden to cancel student debt.
  • Its president, Liz Shuler, wrote that "we cannot ask working people to make further sacrifices."
  • Biden said a decision on loan forgiveness should be made in the coming weeks.
The largest labor federation in the US just joined the student-loan forgiveness fight.

On Thursday, the AFL-CIO's president, Liz Shuler, called on President Joe Biden to enact broad debt cancellation for federal borrowers. As Biden is becoming closer to making a decision on loan relief, she is the latest advocate to push the president to deliver permanent relief to borrowers before payments are set to resume after August 31.

so now the left wants working people to foot the bill because many young leftists cant use their degrees in gender studies and other useless degrees like gay dance [all dem studies] to get a good paying job ! however people with degrees in the medical field and engineering have no problems paying their student loans because [listen up dems] THEY HAVE USEFULL DEGREES !

so now the left wants working people to foot the bill because many young leftists cant use their degrees in gender studies and other useless degrees like gay dance [all dem studies] to get a good paying job ! however people with degrees in the medical field and engineering have no problems paying their student loans because [listen up dems] THEY HAVE USEFULL DEGREES !

To Dimocrats paying off YOUR debt that YOU obtained, is making a great sacrifice!
Don't they have the fucking brains to see that training people to look to the government to pay their way, just keeps people expecting more and more and more?!!

Over 200,000.00 dollars for a four-year degree when you count the total cost from what I am told by former high school classmates. Exactly 1/2 of them say college is a scam! It sounds way overpriced to me. If I had that much money after high school I would start a business.

To Dimocrats paying off YOUR debt that YOU obtained, is making a great sacrifice!
Don't they have the fucking brains to see that training people to look to the government to pay their way, just keeps people expecting more and more and more?!!
most of the kids screeming about student debt have useless degrees in democrat studies .

Over 200,000.00 dollars for a four-year degree when you count the total cost from what I am told by former high school classmates. Exactly 1/2 of them say college is a scam! It sounds way overpriced to me. If I had that much money after high school I would start a business.
IQ Strike

Instead of wasting their time on Big Business's academic plantation, High IQs (STEM) could work a regular job and a part-time job. They could save all their money from the full-time job and live like a college student does on the part-time job. After four years of that, they would have enough money saved to start their own businesses. As wouldbe nerd sucker Bill Gates proved, brains can reject STEM and be successful in business instead. Science is for suckers.

will he do it?

I don't know. He will certainly shore up some of his base (buying votes), when he likely hit's the campaign trail and hints that he needs majorities in Congress to get it done. Even though we know of course that he can do it with just a stroke of his pen.
If he does however, he will see a lot of outraged Americans who are disgusted with having to foot the bill for someone else's responsibility.

If I owned a company, I would ask job applicants if they have or had a student loan and if the applicant said yes, the next question would, "did you pay it off personally, or did you let the government pay off your loan. If the answer was yes, I would show them the way out. When you sign "your" name to a loan document, you are swearing that "you" are responsible for paying it off, no one else, unless there is a co-signer on the loan and you default. If you let the government pay your student loan, that means your word means nothing and are not to be trusted.

A couple of years in the U.S. Military gets you pretty much a free education. Why don't they take advantage of it instead of whining about the loans they sign for?

They are going to be discharged after 20 years either way. ONly difference is how much income tax they have to pay. Glad to see you are on the more taxes the better side of the aisle. At least now we know.

A couple of years in the U.S. Military gets you pretty much a free education. Why don't they take advantage of it instead of whining about the loans they sign for?
They don't like their own country, so they prefer to whine.

When did you get your degree in gay dance studies?

They are going to be discharged after 20 years either way. ONly difference is how much income tax they have to pay. Glad to see you are on the more taxes the better side of the aisle. At least now we know.
WTF are you talking about ?

When did you get your degree in gay dance studies ?
i've never signed up for or participated modern democrat curricula ..... however i do have a degree in humiliating left wing sissies like you gimp !

Forum List

Back