The Law Of Moses And Christianity

Marianne

Diamond Member
May 15, 2014
Are Christians supposed to follow the law, use it as a guideline or toss the law altogether?

I'm thinking that the law is to be used as a guideline. What do you say and why?

Are Christians supposed to follow the law, use it as a guideline or toss the law altogether?

I'm thinking that the law is to be used as a guideline. What do you say and why?

This it your christian religion

I believe that we all are called to follow God's law according to how God decrees it to us individually once we accept Christ and are Saved. Hence the HS coming into us to guide and direct us for the remainder of our life here in the world,

So it is the holy spirit that directs the evangelist to fleece the flock? Preach to the converted and make yourself some money!

I would say that a so called evangelist ( or anyone else for that matter ) that "fleeces " anyone for personal material gain or financial gain is NOT led by the HS, but rather led by Satan, and is interested in only themselves. Sadly, the airways are filled with them. A very few are led by the HS. Dr. David Jeremiah, and Dr. Charles Stanley are two of the best evangelist currently active in leading souls to Christ. Billy Graham is another I have great admiration for. I am not saying that these two or three are the only Spirit led preachers of our time, because I know so very few. The Blackaby ministry is another....

The Law requires a Judge. God Judged those under it.
Before it, God was a Father, who forgave us while we sinned. Fathers love their children.
Christ removed the judgement associated with sin, by being judged in our place.
The phrase, "I will draw men unto me." is a mistranslation. The original says, "If I be lifted up I will draw all judgement unto me". And He did.
In Christ we have our Father back. There is no need for a judge. God prefers the role of Father.
If you disregard the work on the cross, and put yourself under the Law, it means you prefer being judged rather than forgiven. And you can't pick out 10 or 20 rules to follow. You are obligated to keep them all. 630 of them. The problem with that is that it takes your eyes off of Christ and places them constantly on self. And compared to the job Christ did in fulfilling the Law, our attempt is likened to a soiled sanitary pad. Nothing fruitful comes from a bleeding womb.

In Christ, in the Holy Spirit, you have 1 Law you are expected but not even required to keep to be forgiven. There is not one sin that the grace of God can't cover, except giving credit for Christ's power to Satan instead of the Holy Spirit like the Pharisees did. So don't do that.
What is asked of us is to Love your Father, and one another. If you succeed in that you have kept the Law. It is the criteria used to be recognized as disciples of Christ. We really need to work on that, not on a specific set of laws meted out to a specific group of Jews, for a specific time.

Last edited:

Hi Ma'am,

I'm not a religious scholar but according to my studies, Christians are to do the following:

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matt. 7:12, NIV

Peace.

Last edited:

there are three different types of law in the OT......there is the temple law, often called the Levitical Code which dealt with sacrifices, cleanliness and righteousness......there was the civil code which spelled out how Israel governed itself.....and there is the Ten Commandments, generally referred to as the law of Moses......

Christianity teaches that we no longer need to follow the Levitical Code, as Christ's sacrifice eliminated the need for any further sacrifices on our part...
We are not the nation of Israel so there is no reason to follow their civil code....
the Ten Commandments are still there to be used as a standard by which to make moral choices.....

Depends on your particular denomination, they differ on this matter.

Seventh-Day Adventists say it remains binding.
Are we still under the law Sabbath Truth

We Jews ourselves say it only applies to Jews. Christianity didn't even exist when those laws were made (given if you prefer.) :) Consequently we're not applying them to every other religion then-extant and to come like.

I think the reason non-Jewish faiths might wonder is they co-opted our religious text, the Tanach and pasted their's onto our's (OT+NT.) So the question arises, "if we have the Law in our holy text, are we supposed to follow it?"

Fact remains, and is often overlooked though that Judaism and Christianity are mutually exclusive religions. That is, you can't incorporate both into one any mroe than you can mix oil and water.

My opinion is Jewish law doesn't bind any but Jews. Just as non-Jews are free to perform some of the commandments for Jews, but aren't required to, if they wanna follow some of the Law, but not all of it that's theologically sound. But they're not bound to it beyond the 7 Noahide Laws God gave to all humankind after Noah.

Some of the law is semi-universal though most everyone probably follows any way like don't murder or steal. But when non-Jews protest holding up signs citing Jewish commandments like Leviticus 18:22 that's theologically in error. You can abide by it for yourself, but if not Jewish citing Jewish law as justification for your protesting something is theologically unsound. Wanna protest gays use Romans, not Leviticus unless Jewish.

Forum List

Back