The left don't show smoking on TV, because people might copy...but mock assassinations are OK?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
I'm not following that snowflake logic.

Seems the left are concerned about people imitating what they see...shouldn't political assassinations be one of those things that people might imitate, so the we need to protect people from themelves?

They use similar logic with radical ISLAM....they say NOT to say anything bad about radical Islam because it will make them KILL PEOPLE.

By that logic, Snowflakes shouldn't be saying bad things about Trump, because it will only incite him and his followers.

Every time a SNOWFLAKE says something bad about Trump, they make a MILLION TRUMPS....right?

Last edited:
There's a whole lot of stuff on tv and concert stages and from Hollywood that it would be wise not to copy. That pesky First Amendment keeps getting in the way. As long as rappers can talk about killing cops, Shakespeare can talk about assassinating a leader, PARTICULARLY when the play is not glorifying it, it is condemning the people who did it.

So the OP wants a law against making movies or tv wherein a politician gets assassinated?

No one is out there paying for assassination adverts you stupid bastard

Smoking tho, there are a lot of people who would pay to promote that

I'm a smoker and I get that, not unfair.

The left loves the "MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO" line of logic when it comes to showing things they consider "BAD".

They apparently do not think that political assassinations are "BAD".

God forbid they show a dark skinned terrorist on Homeland....but it's perfectly fine to show mock political assassinations.

HUH?

No smoking on TV? When did that law pass?

I took it to mean cigarette ads. I sort of miss them. "To a smoker, it's a Kent", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", "Winston taste good like a cigarette should" which we would satire with:
Winston taste bad
Like the one I just had
No filter, no flavor
Just plain old toilet paper.​

I forget who had the one where the guy with the black eye said, "I'd rather fight than switch". Beer ads were really good back then too.

No smoking on TV? When did that law pass?

I took it to mean cigarette ads. I sort of miss them. "To a smoker, it's a Kent", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", "Winston taste good like a cigarette should" which we would satire with:
Winston taste bad
Like the one I just had
No filter, no flavor
Just plain old toilet paper.​

I forget who had the one where the guy with the black eye said, "I'd rather fight than switch". Beer ads were really good back then too.

They do not show smoking on network TV. It is NOT a law. It's because the lefties that run show business think that when they show smoking, it makes people smoke.

Follow that logic. If they show smoking, it will make people smoke.

Now follow me here...what if they show POLITICAL ASSASSINATIONS? Will it make people attempt to commit political assassinations? Apparently so, according to the loser who shot SCALISE.

Asserting that the left has any principles at this point is beyond ridiculous. They make up the principles to fit the case...

Comforting to see that the liberal muse remains unfettered by such inhibiting factors as decency and good taste.

I'm not following that snowflake logic.

Seems the left are concerned about people imitating what they see...shouldn't political assassinations be one of those things that people might imitate, so the we need to protect people from themelves?

They use similar logic with radical ISLAM....they say NOT to say anything bad about radical Islam because it will make them KILL PEOPLE.

By that logic, Snowflakes shouldn't be saying bad things about Trump, because it will only incite him and his followers.

Every time a SNOWFLAKE says something bad about Trump, they make a MILLION TRUMPS....right?
Hypocrisy is in the blood of the progressive…
Political correctness pretty much rules the federal government... it must suck to be spineless.

Asserting that the left has any principles at this point is beyond ridiculous. They make up the principles to fit the case...
Got an example?

No, as I stated they have no principles.
So, you have no examples of them having - no principles? Well, okay.

I have no example of them having principles, because they don't have any.

As for cases where they don't have principles, did you forget to read the thread?

Got an example?

As for cases where they don't have principles, did you forget to read the thread?
Point out one? One case in which they did a 180? Go.

Got an example?

Point out one? One case in which they did a 180? Go.

Did I not already tell you to READ THE THREAD you are participating in? The first post is already enough.

As for 180s, just listen to the master:

Forum List

Back