The Lowest Point In Modern American Music..The 2013 Grammys...

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
If not for the twenty year slide in the quality of modern American music that has dulled the senses tonight I would have seriously considered slitting my wrists.

The rock music awards? WTF ???

Kelly Clarkson...WTF ???

Where is the talent? Is this what American modern music has really come to? Really?

Music has officially died.

R. I. P.

If not for the twenty year slide in the quality of modern American music that has dulled the senses tonight I would have seriously considered slitting my wrists.

Kelly Clarkson...WTF ???

Where is the talent? Is this what American modern music has really come to? Really?

R. I. P.
I didn't see it but I know what you're saying and I agree.

Oh stuff. Kelly Clarkston is an amazing musician. People say the same thing every generation. It's just a sign you're losing touch.

Kelly Clarkson...WTF ???

R. I. P.

What what? Justin Bieber didn't win diddly squat, so it was TONS better this year! Maroon 5 and Alicia Keys- awesome .Bruno Mars and Sting....STING! Fabulous.

This year was so much better than last....except for the moving tributes last year; that my disappointment from last year has completely faded.

Regards from Rosie

The Black Keys are a bright spot in the music scene.

Didn't watch it....all the "musicians", with a few exceptions, are nothing more than flavor of the year...it's all become too comercial...sad.

In my opinion Dierks Bentley and Miranda Lambert gave the best performance of the night. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. To me, Dierks should have been given the Best Country Solo award and "The Cost Of Living" should have been named the best country song. :( :( :(

Last edited:
The music mass marketed to the masses is lacking in talent, except in the marketing part of the business.
IMHO this musical generation should be called the "lip synch karaoke generation".
Want real music?
Find out where your local musicians play, no matter what genre your interested in, and go enjoy it live.

Kelly Clarkson...WTF ???

R. I. P.

Amen from this sister.

I want to throw up.

Ravi, you nailed it.

And anyone wants to get on my case fuck you. I hold a gold, double gold a platinum and a juno you idiots.

This is disgusting.

And now the biggest moment of my life.

I agree with Ravi. Because Ravi is right.

The music mass marketed to the masses is lacking in talent, except in the marketing part of the business.
IMHO this musical generation should be called the "lip synch karaoke generation".
Want real music?
Find out where your local musicians play, no matter what genre your interested in, and go enjoy it live.

Since the beginning of time. Local musicians? Did you know Bieber was a busker?

Look I've represented metal, folk, pop, mainstream you name it. I used to do this for a living.

There is still no worry about going to buy out a cool tune. Not everyone has to be a radical.

Oh stuff. Kelly Clarkston is an amazing musician. People say the same thing every generation. It's just a sign you're losing touch.

She's a great singer. We differentiate on another level.

Not trying to be nasty here, you know I never would be, but she isn't a musician. She's barely a songstress.

And I love the girl to death. But I'm speaking from my perspective. As a pro.

I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away
I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd heard the music years before
But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets, the children screamed
The lovers cried and the poets dreamed
But not a word was spoken
The church bells all were broken

And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died

Talent died 20 years ago. Not sure why you're getting upset now.

They are still out there. You just have to find them. I used to do this for a living. There are souls out there that would make you scream in the dark with their talent that cam't be signed.

But it does not mean that they aren't out there.

Last edited:

images

Kelly Clarkson...WTF ???

R. I. P.

Amen from this sister.

I want to throw up.

Ravi, you nailed it.

And anyone wants to get on my case fuck you. I hold a gold, double gold a platinum and a juno you idiots.

This is disgusting.

And now the biggest moment of my life.

I agree with Ravi. Because Ravi is right.

I didnt post that Here we go again.

images

Ah that second tier...

Just so you know. I hitchhiked all the way to Phoenix. Dated Dunaway at the time from Alice Cooper. Just a kid. Dated. Isn't that funny? I was 17. Rolled into Phoenix. Dennis was the bass player.

They were so amazing. Glenn Buxton in particular as a player not widely recognized.

I learned a lot. :eusa_angel: Whoa geeze. This kid from Canada.

Ended up in LA.....

The rest is my history. :eusa_angel I had a batch of fun. They prepped me for the rest of my life.

Jack White fucking rocked that place. I loved how he just threw his Guitar down and walked off when done. Leaving it humming in the ear of the next announcer lol.

Was a nice change of pace from the Auto Tune Bands.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks8jU8-ejXk]Jack White @ Grammy's 2013 performs Freedom At 21 - YouTube[/ame]

The High Point of the entire show.

Forum List

Back