The most crappy job in the world.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
This has to suck,

These guys wired this up and go to blow it and it won't come apart. First question that came to mind for me was, who has to go and put more bombs on the bridge?

Time for a barge to run into it..I used to drive over that bridge when driving through Little Rock....It was an old bridge that reminded me of being a kid and traveling....Some of the bridges where my grandparents farmed were 2 x 12's across a metal frame, one car at a time only..

This has to suck,

These guys wired this up and go to blow it and it won't come apart. First question that came to mind for me was, who has to go and put more bombs on the bridge?

Blowing things up for a living is a dream job for every alpha male. Why do you think we have US Marines?

I don't know. I'd rather be doing that than this.

LOL, it's funny you posted that, I used to do that job. It looks scarey as hell, and it is stressful but you would be blown away how many people that do that for a living can climb and work up there all day, yet you get them on top of a six foot ladder or a pitch roof and watch them freak out. But yeah, good post on a job that no one really thinks of as they gab on their phones and peck away on their computers.

This has to suck,

Blowing things up for a living is a dream job for every alpha male. Why do you think we have US Marines?

I agree. Folks who can apply their knowledge of blowing shit up really like their jobs. Especially Marines.

This has to suck,

I sure enjoyed watching the TOW missile systems I maintained fire off and hit armor vehicles....

This has to suck,

I agree. Folks who can apply their knowledge of blowing shit up really like their jobs. Especially Marines.

They mostly blow up in rage..

This has to suck,

They mostly blow up in rage..

Yes, but only when it's needed. Like super man. Had a very close relationship with Marines. Loved them. Talk about a crappy job!

This has to suck,

I sure enjoyed watching the TOW missile systems I maintained fire off and hit armor vehicles....

That would be awesome. I need missiles for my car.

This has to suck,

And Seals...

Ya, but that's like a scientific blowing up of stuff. Those fellas do it with class. Matter of fact, there was a YouTube vedio of an ex UDT guy who made art by blowing shit up. I'll try and fan that as its a pretty cool vedio,

This is possibly my favorite demolition video...

My favorite is #8. They're blowing up a building in Russia, and half of it barely tips over, and they are laughing their asses off.

Imagine having to go to this factory every day

download.php

This has to suck,

Agree.

But unfortunately on this job somebody screwed up by either not enough explosives or not located properly or maybe a combination of both, but now the bridge must be somewhat weakened and they have to get back on/under it to plant more stuff to finish it off. In that state though you'd never get me back on or below it. No way in hell. Well, that's what trainees are for I guess.

There are categories of bad jobs. One is being dangerous. The other is just being crappy. I'd have to go with animal husbandry for that. Obtaining sperm from a horse or bull then inseminating the female yourself. Use your imagination.

How'd work go today, honey?

Forum List

Back