The news outlets are touting Biden’s South Carolina win as if it’s a stunning surprise.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

Trying to re-create the magic of 2020, I suppose.

To me, the stunning news is that the Democrats are actually going to run with Biden, perhaps the only candidate among the potential serious Democratic presidential contenders that Trump will certainly defeat.

My theory, and this applies to both parties, is that the parties enjoy taking turns being the party, not empower. From the underdog position, they can fund raise, make blistering speeches against the status quo, and never take responsibility for what’s going on with the country at the time.

That’s what got them so upset about Trump - both party establishments. rather than being interested in whining about the way things were, he ran out of promise to do something about it, and said about doing exactly that.

Sleepy Joe is, without a doubt, the sharpest knife in the Democrat drawer.

You are right its not surprising that he would win convincingly.

To me, the stunning news is that the Democrats are actually going to run with Biden, perhaps the only candidate among the potential serious Democratic presidential contenders that Trump will certainly defeat.

My theory, and this applies to both parties, is that the parties enjoy taking turns being the party, not empower. From the underdog position, they can fund raise, make blistering speeches against the status quo, and never take responsibility for what’s going on with the country at the time.

That’s what got them so upset about Trump - both party establishments. rather than being interested in whining about the way things were, he ran out of promise to do something about it, and said about doing exactly that.
the magic of empty rallies?

Biden won by 80 million votes

Unprecedented, for an unprecedented success of Joe Biden.

1707059460143.png

Biden wins in a landslide with 96% of primary voters! Against two relatively unknown contenders and with substantially fewer voters (voter turnout was low): 2024: 126K 2020: 262K ... not to mention there were only 130K votes cast in 2024, compared to 511K in 2020.

Sounds like a lack of interest with voters.

Biden wins in a landslide with 96% of primary voters! Against two relatively unknown contenders and with substantially fewer voters (voter turnout was low): 2024: 126K 2020: 262K ... not to mention there were only 130K votes cast in 2024, compared to 511K in 2020.

Sounds like a lack of interest with voters.
Perhaps many could no longer 'hold their nose and vote anyway'.

Biden won the popular vote by 7 million votes.
He won the electoral college vote by about 81,000 votes divided among four states.
According to polls, he seems on track to lose the popular vote on 2024. I believe he’d be the first Dem to lose that since Carter’s disaster in 1980.

I suppose Dems must gear up to explain that it’s the electoral college that expresses the will of the people.

LOL so few voters voted in that primary as to make it meaningless as a gauge.
oh its a gauge ... its a gauge showing a lack of turnout and enthusiasm for Briben ! remember SC is the state the DNC bypassed Iowa for in a historic move to kick off the primaries ! and twernt no mass ballot mail out ballots like there were in the 2020 primaries and election .

According to polls, he seems on track to lose the popular vote on 2024. I believe he’d be the first Dem to lose that since Carter’s disaster in 1980.

I suppose Dems must gear up to explain that it’s the electoral college that expresses the will of the people.
dims are on track to lose the electoral college also .

Forum List

Back