The Non Competition Reality Shows - Do You Watch?

I watched Dual Survivors once or twice and it was okay but didn't grab me enough to prefer it to some other things. Never watched "River Monsters" though. But I did watch a Bear Grylls show I think called "Get Out Alive" or something like that--a reality show with folks eliminated week after week but putting folks through a very intense wilderness survival experience. I would watch it again if there is a another season.

I like Dual Survivor but now that Cody is gone..not sure I will continue with it. I liked him..bare feet and all.

I won't watch hoarders because it is gross...and I used to watch Pawn Stars but Chumley drives me nuts..and so does the guy that does all the buying...the look on his face when he hopes they will take him extremely low offer. He's a crook.

I do enjoy antique roadshow too.

The show is better off with Cody gone. I have a great amount of respect for his primitive skills and abilities, but they did not fit the show. It is about survival, not communal, I'm one with nature lifestyle. I'm convinced that if he were left to his own devices alone, he'd die. His partners usually did most of the work and took almost all the risk while he tiptoed thru the forest and snow ignorantly barefooted.

I don't get the appeal of any of these crap shows. It baffles me how little it takes to entertain people.

We've been having some fun on the competition reality shows threads--Survivor, The Amazing Race--singing competitions, cooking competitions etc.

But a lot of folks seem to be caught up in the non-competition shows too.

So this thread is for discussion of:
--Duck Dynasty
--Wicked Tuna
--Ice Road Truckers,
--Deadliest Catch
--Storage Wars
--Pawn Shop
. . . .and many others.

Are you watching?

I used to watch Deadliest catch and Ice Road truckers. IRT got boring quick, and DC has crossed the divide between being about crabbers and being a show about celebrity crabbers, which is when I stopped watching. Basically when Phil died was around the time all these DC people were really out there trying to be celebrities IMO.

I used to occasionally watch Storage Wars until I read that the production company seeds the lockers with "surprise" finds which would explain why these idiots would be bidding as much as they do for some of these lockers that have otherwise worthless junk in them.

I don't get the appeal of any of these crap shows. It baffles me how little it takes to entertain people.

Well apparently our thread about these 'crap shows' was entertaining enough to get you here. :)

Indeed, the discussion of why people tune in to watch contrived shit sold as reality is an interesting one. :eusa_clap:

How many phony scenarios does it take before the viewer tunes out?

Well apparently our thread about these 'crap shows' was entertaining enough to get you here. :)

Indeed, the discussion of why people tune in to watch contrived shit sold as reality is an interesting one. :eusa_clap:

How many phony scenarios does it take before the viewer tunes out?

I don't know, how long? People are still watching wrestling on TV 60 years later.

Forum List

Back