The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Zimmerman should have taken a self defense class. He was older than tray...weighed more than tray...but was rendered completely defenseless to the point of using a gun? The more I look at Mr Z, the more I see a person that was scared and panicked...the police werent there to save him, so he pulled his gun.

I don't think he weighed more than TM when it happened. Z was actually small when it happened, smaller than TM in my opinion.

Martin Autopsy Report = 158 lbs

Zimmerman Weight on Police Report = 200 lbs

Zimmerman Weight the Next Day @ Doctors Office = 204 lbs

>>>>

And now he's pushing 300. lol

Thanks WW. That's why I put imo bc I was going on what I remember in photos. Thanks though for the information.

Just as an FYI:

Muscle weighs more than fat and takes up less space than fat.

Imagine 2 people, same height, same weight, BUT one is noticeably thinner than the other. The thinner individual has more muscle than the other person, weighs the same as the other person, but appears to weigh less. Looks can be, and are, deceiving.

First, hearing on defense motion to keep jurors anonymous for at least six months after trial ends. State concurs. Media opposing.

Thanks WW. That's why I put imo bc I was going on what I remember in photos. Thanks though for the information.

You were partially right...I think TM was much taller than George, he just weighed less.

Im on the fence and trying to put myself in the position of both parties. After all, the trial hasnt started, isnt that what we should all be doing? Being objective and fair to both sides until the evidence is presented?

For Trayvon, I kind of look at it like this:

I put my brother (and best friend that I have) in Trayvons position.

So one day my brother decides to walk to my dads fiance house...on the way there he stops at the 7-11 and buys a drink and some skittles. It starts to rain, so my brother pulls his hoodie up to protect his head from the rain...he begins walking home. Stops for a second at a nearby neighbors house and sees another neighbor driving slowly by and checking him out, so my brother proceeds to walk in the direction of dads fiances house.

As my brother is walking he notices that this strange man is continuing to follow him and is on the telephone communicating with someone...My brother walks by followers truck and gets a bad vibe as the person is continuing to stare at him. So my brother begins to walk briskly or run in the direction of house so as to kind of lose the person who is still following in his truck.

As my brother goes behind the complex he begins to get irritated at this fellow and wants to know why he is following him, so instead of going straight to the house, he decides to cut back through and see if this person had gotten out of the truck and is still following him and....why?...what did I do? As my brother comes around the building he sees the same guy standing there looking around. My brother approaches him now and asks if there is a problem? When he does the person quickly goes to reach for something in his pocket or on his right hip...so my brother lunges at him and hits him before he can get whatever he is reaching for. As the person is punched my brother jumps on him...in this act the follower keeps going for that pocket or right hip, so a struggle continues to ensue...my brother is winning the fight and the person, finally is able to grab what he was reaching for...A GUN...BANG! My brother is dead.

And now Im pissed at the person following him and eventually pulling a gun.

When that person would later be caught on a 911 tape saying "these assholes always get away"...this would infuriate me....get away from what? what did he do...what crime did you witness? Why are you following my brother packing a gun? Why are you following and reporting him like you witnessed a crime? There was no crime and now my brother is dead because you followed him to the point of being approached and when you couldnt defend yourself (bit off more than you could chew, so to speak), you went for your gun and shot him dead. Youre a true hero George!!! Not.

There you go...no race involved in my rationale...just normal questions. Keep race out of it...no need for it...it will divide some of those that can actually understand the position tray was in. Bring race into it and some are more likely to defend against the race card rather than the actual facts of the case, which I believe are in Trays favor to this point. Lets see what the evidence shows.

Last edited:
First, hearing on defense motion to keep jurors anonymous for at least six months after trial ends. State concurs. Media opposing.

The media needs to butt out of it. This trial should be tried in the courtroom, not by the general public based on what the media decides is worthy of telling.

The media needs to butt out of it. This trial should be tried in the courtroom, not by the general public based on what the media decides is worthy of telling.

They have their "sensational!!" stake in it and their lawyers lined up to defend that stake. :)

She granted their anonymity for some kind of time but will rule later on how long exactly.

OT:
The truth about Tetanus:
A) In 30 years, the doctor never heard of anyone who had a vaccine in their lifetime getting Tetanus.
B) Everyone gets one with their immunizations, so unless you're 1 in a zillion, boosters are redundant.
C) Tetanus shots hurt.
D) They make you wait 1/2 hour after to see if you're going to blow up.
E) Watching an episode of "Messiest House in America" in the UC underscores the reason we don't have cable.

Where did you get that? You are supposed to get a Tetanus shot every 5 years. I have known people who have gotten tetanus, one was a woman who fell and skinned her elbow.

Tetanus (lockjaw) is a serious disease that causes painful tightening of the muscles, usually all over the body. It can lead to "locking" of the jaw so the victim cannot open his mouth or swallow. Tetanus leads to death in about 1 in 10 cases. Several vaccines are used to prevent tetanus among children, adolescents, and adults including DTaP, Tdap, DT, and Td.

More at the CDC website.

Vaccines: VPD-VAC/Tetanus/main page

Tetanus vaccine is no worse than any other. I am due one in 2015 and I won't be skipping it.

Having you wait after a shot is SOP. If they don't do it with other injections, they are malpracticing.

SS

Last edited:
OT:
The truth about Tetanus:
A) In 30 years, the doctor never heard of anyone who had a vaccine in their lifetime getting Tetanus.
B) Everyone gets one with their immunizations, so unless you're 1 in a zillion, boosters are redundant.
C) Tetanus shots hurt.
D) They make you wait 1/2 hour after to see if you're going to blow up.
E) Watching an episode of "Messiest House in America" in the UC underscores the reason we don't have cable.

Where did you get that? You are supposed to get a Tetanus shot every 5 years. I have known people who have gotten tetanus, one was a woman who fell and skinned her elbow.

Tetanus (lockjaw) is a serious disease that causes painful tightening of the muscles, usually all over the body. It can lead to "locking" of the jaw so the victim cannot open his mouth or swallow. Tetanus leads to death in about 1 in 10 cases. Several vaccines are used to prevent tetanus among children, adolescents, and adults including DTaP, Tdap, DT, and Td.

More at the CDC website.

Vaccines: VPD-VAC/Tetanus/main page

Tetanus vaccine is no worse than any other. I am due one in 2015 and I won't be skipping it.

Having you wait after a shot is SOP. If they don't do it with other injections, they are malpracticing.

SS

1. is the only true part of the, the rest I adlibbed :)

You were partially right...I think TM was much taller than George, he just weighed less.

Im on the fence and trying to put myself in the position of both parties.

For Trayvon, I kind of look at it like this:

I put my brother in Trayvons position.

So one day my brother decides to walk to my dads fiance house...on the way there he stops at the 7-11 and buys a drink and some skittles. It starts to rain, so my brother pulls his hoodie up to protect his head from the rain...he begins walking home. Stops for a second at a nearby neighbors house and sees another neighbor driving slowly by and checking him out, so my brother proceeds to walk in the direction of dads fiances house.

As my brother is walking he notices that this strange man is continuing to follow him and is on the telephone communicating with someone...My brother walks by followers truck and gets a bad vibe as the person is continuing to stare at him. So my brother begins to walk briskly or run in the direction of house so as to kind of lose the person who is still following in his truck.

As my brother goes behind the complex he begins to get irritated at this fellow and wants to know why he is following him, so instead of going straight to the house, he decides to cut back through and see if this person had gotten out of the truck and is still following him and....why?...what did I do? As my brother comes around the building he sees the same guy standing there looking around. My brother approaches him now and asks if there is a problem? When he does the person quickly goes to reach for something in his pocket or on his right hip...so my brother lunges at him and hits him before he can get whatever he is reaching for. As the person is punched my brother jumps on him...in this act the follower keeps going for that pocket or right hip, so a struggle continues to ensue...my brother is winning the fight and the person, finally is able to grab what he was reaching for...A GUN...BANG! My brother is dead.

And now Im pissed at the person following him and eventually pulling a gun.

When that person would later be caught on a 911 tape saying "these assholes always get away"...this would infuriate me....get away from what? what did he do...what crime did you witness? Why are you following my brother packing a gun? Why are you following and reporting him like you witnessed a crime? There was no crime and now my brother is dead because you followed him to the point of being approached when you couldnt defend yourself, you went for your gun and shot him dead.

There you go...no race involved in my rationale...just normal questions. Keep race out of it...no need for it...it will divide some of those that can actually understand the position tray was in. Bring race into it and some are more likely to defend against the race card rather than the actual facts of the case, which I believe are in Trays favor to this point. Lets see what the evidence shows.

Nice scenario.

But if your "brother" approached the guy who had been irritating him (by just following him) and then proceeded to commence a physical altercation, his overreaction to the provocation would not put the one HE attacked in any worse legal position.

Lots of folks seem to imagine that IF Trayvon felt irritated or even somehow "threatened" by the fact that Zimmerman had followed him over the course of some wandering on that property, that the physical altercation was thus "initiated" by Zimmerman's conduct. But that's horse-hockey. That's NOT the way it works.

And WHY would your "bother" be inquiring about why his follow-er was packing a gun? Who said that the gun was EVER displayed or even known to your "brother" prior to the physical altercation?

Indeed, if I knew some guy had a fucking gun, I doubt I would choose to "approach" him for any reason no matter how irritated I was at having been "followed."

Last edited:
mmmm kay. This expert is as good as their other 2 experts, we can doze off now and have faith whatever he's saying is the truth.

Im on the fence and trying to put myself in the position of both parties. ...............

Jurors are not supposed to do that. It takes them out of a position of objectivity.

I'm waiting on the evidence and dozing through another hour of expert voice guy CV. Someday we'll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back