The Proposal to Split California

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
East and West California don't like each other so there is an attempt to get the split on the ballot for 2018 so I thought getting the opinions of people in CA would be useful.

When we lived there, northern and southern CA did not get along.

Cut it in half.

If the central valley wants to rule it's own desitny...cut it into three pieces.

Sounds like a waste of money .

What happens to the senator count ? Each split gets 2 !? Why would the rest of the country go for that ?

East and West California don't like each other so there is an attempt to get the split on the ballot for 2018 so I thought getting the opinions of people in CA would be useful.
Why do you think we don't like each other?

Sounds like more fake news to me.

We may not agree with each other but nothing wrong with that.

The historic divide in California has always been North and South- but there is no real push to split up the state- no more than there is any real push for Texas to secede.

The battles over water or other resources plus distribution of liabilities should be epic.

What happens to the senator count ? Each split gets 2 !? Why would the rest of the country go for that ?
Splits that aid the party in power would be approved in DC those that don't won't be.

Not that I think it'd ever happen, but for as long as I can remember my N. CA friends have hated S. CA, and vice versa...

They want to split it the wrong way. Too confusing. It should be cut in half from the middle of the state...make it North California and South California. Better yet....Hollyweird and Almost Sane for the northern half, lol.

Splits that aid the party in power would be approved in DC those that don't won't be.

Yup. Requires two-thirds majority vote in both the Senate and the House.

What requires a 2/3 vote?

Approval of statehood.

No one cares what Red Water, Lancaster, Barstow, or Yuma thinks.

Approval of statehood.

Not according to the Constitution.

Approval of statehood.

9 of 13 were originally required. Not sure when things were adjusted to 2/3.

If I am mistaken please post the Article. No one can know everything. :laugh:

Approval of statehood.

9 of 13 were originally required. Not sure when things were adjusted to 2/3.

If I am mistaken please post the Article. No one can know everything. :laugh:

Art. 4 Sec. 3 Clause 1:

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

Too funny. Conservatives in California aren't happy that California will have Secession on the 2018 ballot so they've huredly come up with this nonsense which has no chance at all.

I say to all the cons in California you should take your own advice when you tell people "America, love it or leave it". 'California, love it or leave it. Its high time the cons here who daily bash the state to leave. Go to Taxus and work for $7 an hour. Can't make it here in business? Yeah its tough, you have to bring your A game here. Taxus and other red states will gladly accept the also rans, the people who couldn't compete in a free market in California.

Its time to just break up America and you cons go have your own dog eat dog utopia with your police state, no minimum wage, and outlawed unions. Go be happy. The progress of the human race is poison to you so go find a land you can be happy in, the old Confederate States, and build a 30 foot wall around it and we won't have to see or hear from you again. And you'll be happy to be away from all the rest of us.

Bye now.

Forum List

Back