The "Real" reason Congress doesn't meet until Sept 9th on Syria

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Ever wonder why Congress isn't cutting their month long vacation short and rushing back to meet and vote on the urgent issue of attacking Syria?

Simple.

The Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashana starts on wednesday the 4th and ends with the Fast of Gedalish on the 8th.

So basically, no one wants to inconvenience the Jewish members of Congress by having them choose between their religion and actually performing the job they were elected to do. .. :doubt:

Vacation is more important than anything to the GOP. They wouldn't stop it for anything.

Ever wonder why Congress isn't cutting their month long vacation short and rushing back to meet and vote on the urgent issue of attacking Syria?

Simple.

The Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashana starts on wednesday the 4th and ends with the Fast of Gedalish on the 8th.

So basically, no one wants to inconvenience the Jewish members of Congress by having them choose between their religion and actually performing the job they were elected to do. .. :doubt:

I don't have to wonder, nor make up something I prefer rather than the real reason.

September 9th is the date that congress returns from their time with their constituents and has been for years.

No one has rushed back to vote on Syria because obama did not call a special session and recall them. Cameron was perfectly capable of doing that in Britian. obama didn't. Since obama did not recall congress, no one need show up and if they did show up, the chambers were locked. Even if republicans on their own decided to all come back and vote, the democrats wouldn't, they have no reason to, they did not get an order to.

Simple.

I don't have to wonder, nor make up something I prefer rather than the real reason.

September 9th is the date that congress returns from their time with their constituents and has been for years.

No one has rushed back to vote on Syria because obama did not call a special session and recall them. Cameron was perfectly capable of doing that in Britian. obama didn't. Since obama did not recall congress, no one need show up and if they did show up, the chambers were locked. Even if republicans on their own decided to all come back and vote, the democrats wouldn't, they have no reason to, they did not get an order to.
Just like I said.....Pres. Obama didn't want to call a special session and disturb the Jewish members of Congress over something as menial as national security.. .. :doubt:

Simple.

Just like I said.....Pres. Obama didn't want to call a special session and disturb the Jewish members of Congress over something as menial as national security.. .. :doubt:

It's only poison gas--What's the hurry ? :eusa_whistle:

Simple.

He didn't want to call a special session because he thinks he doesn't have to. It's not about Jews, a people that obama despises to begin with, it's about megalomania.

President Obama is going to disturb the Jewish members and their constituents plenty if his incoherent foreign policy causes Israel to be attacked and possibly nuked.

They stated they would be back in 24 hours should the need arise and the President asked them to make a decision.

Well..

He did.

And they didn't.

Shows how serious they are about governing.

They stated they would be back in 24 hours should the need arise and the President asked them to make a decision.

Well..

He did.

And they didn't.

He didn't ask them back in session immediately. WTF are you talking about, Willis ?

Well..

He did.

And they didn't.

He didn't ask them back in session immediately. WTF are you talking about, Willis ?

He didn't have too.

They, themselves, said they would.

Simple.

Your theory depends on the unlikely supposition that a Democrat President would inconvenience Democrat Congresspeople.

There is only One Republican Congressman, and I doubt Obama cares how he votes.

Forum List

Back