The REAL truth about the Town Hall Activist

excuse me but you said:

Free speech is fine, but when the rightwing freakies practice political sharia in trying to unlawfully disrupt town hall meetings, they have crossed the line, they should be arrested, and they should pay fat fines. They best way always to correct bad rightist behavior is to hit them in the pocket book.

Social civility is the way in which the affairs of a democratic republic can be debated and decided.

all any protesters have done is to shout down a speaker and you call that political sharia

so anyone who shouts down a speaker is committing a crime and should be arrested.

Now you are deliberately falsifying, skull. I said "unlawfully disrupt." Do not place words in my mouth.

But all any protesters have done is to shout down a speaker. You certainly imply that this mere exercise of free speech is political sharia and those doing the shouting should be arrested.

Now how would you deal with the union thugs who physically assault protesters that do nothing but shout down a speaker?

Unlawful disturbance is criminal, skull. If a protestor unlawfully disturbs (if they are shouting that loudly), then, yes, the police are going to place that person in 'time out'.

Why does that bother you? I take it disrupting the public's business is lawful to you.

Go try it.:eusa_drool:

Unlawful disturbance is criminal, skull. If a protestor unlawfully disturbs (if they are shouting that loudly), then, yes, the police are going to place that person in 'time out'.

Why does that bother you? I take it disrupting the public's business is lawful to you.

So as I said you are in favor of arresting people for shouting down a speaker

So you are in favor of disrupting the public's business. Typical statement of political rightwing sharia activist.:clap2:

excuse me but you said:

all any protesters have done is to shout down a speaker and you call that political sharia

so anyone who shouts down a speaker is committing a crime and should be arrested.

Now you are deliberately falsifying, skull. I said "unlawfully disrupt." Do not place words in my mouth.

But all any protesters have done is to shout down a speaker. You certainly imply that this mere exercise of free speech is political sharia and those doing the shouting should be arrested.

Now how would you deal with the union thugs who physically assault protesters that do nothing but shout down a speaker?

There's no free speech right to disrupt a meeting. They were throwing 'disruptors' out of the Sotomayor hearings. Did those people have some Constitutional right to stand there and rant as long as they wanted to?

The political shariasts of our freaky right wing must believe there is such a right.

They are going to be in the minority for a long, long time (with good health care, too!).

OK, the political sharia freaks have skull(k)ed away. On to other forums.

The freaky right is in the minority for a reason, and it is not because they are right (oh, I crack myself up!).

YouTube - Rachel Maddow Exposes "Fake" Protesters At Health Care Town Halls

And Republicans still don't believe they are being directed and told what to think?

Look, on the left they have begun groups like this over the past 10 years to model what Repubs have been doing for quite some time. This strategy is just bad for America period. The only difference that I see between the two groups is that on the left they are not largely funded by corporate interest (some are), and not seeing blatant lies being told to them. But regardless, it's not right.

So if you can watch that video, and still say you're not being lied to, and there is not an orchestrated effort to mis-inform and shut down legitimate conversation... you will forever be blind.

Its easy to see which group is 'grassroot" American Citizens....and which group belongs to organized politics. Notice the signs the people are carrying around? One group uses crayons and sharpies...the other group uses machined and manicured mass produced signs that come straight from the Unions and the DNC Which is which? Of course...its the mom and pops that use their child's crayons to draw their signs that are organized and un-American....pure nazi fascists..no?

Last edited:

So you are in favor of disrupting the public's business. Typical statement of political rightwing sharia activist.:clap2:

the "business" of the public?

Voicing one's opinion at a town hall meeting is the public's business. the people who are trying to silence those exercising their constitutional rights are the ones disrupting ther public's business.

Health Care for America Now, one of those "grassroots" organizations Dems usually love, just got a lotta love - five million dollars worth - from the MoveOn.org financier. Greg Sargent's The Plum Line reports HCAN's effectiveness has been questioned, although HCAN is highly organized. Soros funds grassroots organizing for progressive causes and candidates.

MoveOn.org is a Soros favorite. Five million members financed Barack Obama's Presidential campaign. They've also been willing to donate on a dime, responding instantly to urgent appeals for money to support a variety of progressive causes.

MoveOn.org is a mouthpiece for progressive propagandizing, according to Capital Research Center.

Apparently there are good grassroots and bad grassroots, according to everyone on the left. Progressives attacked spontaneous disruptions of their thoughtful, intelligent town hall health care discussions, aka indoctrination. The attackers are the bad seeds of the grassroots movements, aka old people, not obedient to the health care manifesto.

President Obama and everyone on the left are fighting back against the bad seeds. The mantra is the old people are financed by the insurance companies, lobbyists and big money interests, like George Soros.

Give me an example of a moveon.org campaign that functioned like what the Republicans are doing.

And when you figure that out, I'm going to ask you something very serious, like what is the mis-information that the movement was given and how was it used.

Because there's a HUGE difference between funded movements that are protesting illegal wars/occupations, and a funded movement by the directly effected market involved that is spreading lies, and purposely trying to orchestrate chaos.

illegal war.....nah you are a free thinker....i can trust you.....

Some of us have been informed about the connection-between these outburts and people who have something to lose if this legislation passes (private healthcare facilities, private insurance companies, etc...). It may have been from the news that is considered liberal. But after the ranting was over, we decided to do our own research. Here are some examples:

1. If you go to the Conservatives for Patients' Rights and scroll to the very bottom, you find the fine print. "About Us"- When you click on it, you discover that Richard Scott is the founder of this movement. And he has a shady past in connection to Columbia, HCA, Tri-Star, or whatever they're calling it this year....dealing with Medicare Billing. He has a lot to lose.

2. Dick Armey of Freedomworks-economist and former U.S. HOR republican. He now works for DLA Piper, who received $830,000 from Medicines Co. this year, to lobby against healthcare reform. He and they have a lot to lose.
(Lobbying Spending Database-Medicines Co, 2009 | OpenSecrets

3. Americans for Prosperity-has launched Patients United Now. It is partially funded by Koch Industries. Oil, gas......energy. Need I say more about that?

Now this is barely scratching the surface. There is so much more, if you're willing to do some research. These people are good at what they do. They know America. They know which buttons to push, in order to keep things the way that they are. They have a lot to lose, if there is reform.

But the point that I'm trying to make, is that these are people who are worth billions of dollars. And while most of us believe that the government couldn't care less about us....I can tell you that these people (lobbyists) sure the hell don't care about you.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. But you should know both sides of the story.

Health Care for America Now, one of those "grassroots" organizations Dems usually love, just got a lotta love - five million dollars worth - from the MoveOn.org financier. Greg Sargent's The Plum Line reports HCAN's effectiveness has been questioned, although HCAN is highly organized. Soros funds grassroots organizing for progressive causes and candidates.

MoveOn.org is a Soros favorite. Five million members financed Barack Obama's Presidential campaign. They've also been willing to donate on a dime, responding instantly to urgent appeals for money to support a variety of progressive causes.

MoveOn.org is a mouthpiece for progressive propagandizing, according to Capital Research Center.

Apparently there are good grassroots and bad grassroots, according to everyone on the left. Progressives attacked spontaneous disruptions of their thoughtful, intelligent town hall health care discussions, aka indoctrination. The attackers are the bad seeds of the grassroots movements, aka old people, not obedient to the health care manifesto.

President Obama and everyone on the left are fighting back against the bad seeds. The mantra is the old people are financed by the insurance companies, lobbyists and big money interests, like George Soros.

Give me an example of a moveon.org campaign that functioned like what the Republicans are doing.

And when you figure that out, I'm going to ask you something very serious, like what is the mis-information that the movement was given and how was it used.

Because there's a HUGE difference between funded movements that are protesting illegal wars/occupations, and a funded movement by the directly effected market involved that is spreading lies, and purposely trying to orchestrate chaos.

illegal war.....nah you are a free thinker....i can trust you.....
hes just another fucking moron from PMSNBC

Some of us have been informed about the connection-between these outburts and people who have something to lose if this legislation passes (private healthcare facilities, private insurance companies, etc...). It may have been from the news that is considered liberal. But after the ranting was over, we decided to do our own research. Here are some examples:

1. If you go to the Conservatives for Patients' Rights and scroll to the very bottom, you find the fine print. "About Us"- When you click on it, you discover that Richard Scott is the founder of this movement. And he has a shady past in connection to Columbia, HCA, Tri-Star, or whatever they're calling it this year....dealing with Medicare Billing. He has a lot to lose.

2. Dick Armey of Freedomworks-economist and former U.S. HOR republican. He now works for DLA Piper, who received $830,000 from Medicines Co. this year, to lobby against healthcare reform. He and they have a lot to lose.

3. Americans for Prosperity-has launched Patients United Now. It is partially funded by Koch Industries. Oil, gas......energy. Need I say more about that?

Now this is barely scratching the surface. There is so much more, if you're willing to do some research. These people are good at what they do. They know America. They know which buttons to push, in order to keep things the way that they are. They have a lot to lose, if there is reform.

But the point that I'm trying to make, is that these are people who are worth billions of dollars. And while most of us believe that the government couldn't care less about us....I can tell you that these people (lobbyists) sure the hell don't care about you.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. But you should know both sides of the story.
deflection
you havent proven anything

excuse me but you said:

Free speech is fine, but when the rightwing freakies practice political sharia in trying to unlawfully disrupt town hall meetings, they have crossed the line, they should be arrested, and they should pay fat fines. They best way always to correct bad rightist behavior is to hit them in the pocket book.

Social civility is the way in which the affairs of a democratic republic can be debated and decided.

If we switched the group names, and said it was Democrats doing this, then you'd be able to see it.

Unfortunately when people are blindly partisan, they've given themselves their own lobotomy.

What the protestors are doing is not just yelling at congress leaders / senators. If that's all it was, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You don't want to see what's really going on, and you don't care.

deflection
you havent proven anything

I'd highly suggest you just stamp on your forehead, "Republicans tell me how the think".

It proves plenty, only a partisan hack couldn't see that.

excuse me but you said:

[qoute]If we switched the group names, and said it was Democrats doing this, then you'd be able to see it.

See that's where you're wrong. Dimmies shout sown speakers all the time and I don't give a rat's ass. It's the dims that are all outraged that the repudlicans are taking a page out of dimmy handbook.

Unfortunately when people are blindly partisan, they've given themselves their own lobotomy.

I agree and you are one of those partisans. Or can only those you label as right wing be partisan?

What the protestors are doing is not just yelling at congress leaders / senators. If that's all it was, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You're right, some people are roughing up protesters. and I have seen no video of anyone protesting the bill do anything but shout.

If they're organized so what? What does ACORN do, they organize protests/

What was Obama's job before? Community organizer.

So only dims are allowed to organize?

You don't want to see what's really going on, and you don't care.

I see exactly what's going on. Our so called representatives are not being forthcoming about this bill.

I see exactly what's going on. Our so called representatives are not being forthcoming about this bill.

Which bill? There are several. All are online as far as I know. HR 3200 is the one most often quoted. If we get bogged down on "Death Panels" and "Forced Abortions" and other retarded nonsense from people who obviously haven't read the bill, or they read it and don't understand it, we aren't advancing the debate in an honest manner.

Which bill? There are several. All are online as far as I know. HR 3200 is the one most often quoted. If we get bogged down on "Death Panels" and "Forced Abortions" and other retarded nonsense from people who obviously haven't read the bill, or they read it and don't understand it, we aren't advancing the debate in an honest manner.

that's the one for which I've been constantly posting links

and i have never mentioned either of those red herrings.

I've asked very simple questions and no one has answered me.

Do you want to answer?

How can the supporters of the bill say we get to keep what we have if we like it when the language of the bill makes it impossible to keep what we have?

GRANDFATHERED HEALTH INSURANCE COV4
ERAGE DEFINED.—Subject to the succeeding provisions of
5 this section, for purposes of establishing acceptable cov6
erage under this division, the term ‘‘grandfathered health
7 insurance coverage’’ means individual health insurance
8 coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the
9 first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:

10 (1) LIMITATION ON NEW ENROLLMENT.—
11 (A) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in
12 this paragraph, the individual health insurance
13 issuer offering such coverage does not enroll
14 any individual in such coverage if the first ef15
fective date of coverage is on or after the first
16 day of Y1.
17 (B) DEPENDENT COVERAGE PER18
MITTED.—Subparagraph (A) shall not affect
19 the subsequent enrollment of a dependent of an
20 individual who is covered as of such first day.
21 (2) LIMITATION ON CHANGES IN TERMS OR
22 CONDITIONS.—Subject to paragraph (3) and except
23 as required by law, the issuer does not change any
24 of its terms or conditions, including benefits and
25 cost-sharing, from those in effect as of the day be26
fore the first day of Y1

So again, I can't keep what I have if it changes at all even if i am OK with those changes.

And did you notice how the bill is retroactive allowing no changes in policies 26 days before it goes into effect?

And what about people with insurance covered under ERISA guidelines?

Their insurance will be eliminated 5 years in and they'll have to find something else.

And here's my favorite part

TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE
11 HEALTH CARE COVERAGE.

12 (a) IN GENERAL.—Subchapter A of chapter 1 of the
13 Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by adding at
14 the end the following new part:
15 ‘‘PART VIII—HEALTH CARE RELATED TAXES
‘‘SUBPART A. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE
COVERAGE.
16 ‘‘Subpart A—Tax on Individuals Without Acceptable
17 Health Care Coverage
‘‘Sec. 59B. Tax on individuals without acceptable health care coverage.
18 ‘‘SEC. 59B. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE
19 HEALTH CARE COVERAGE.
20 ‘‘(a) TAX IMPOSED.—In the case of any individual
21 who does not meet the requirements of subsection (d) at
22 any time during the taxable year, there is hereby imposed
23 a tax equal to 2.5 percent of the excess of—

1 ‘‘(1) the taxpayer’s modified adjusted gross in2
come for the taxable year, over
3 ‘‘(2) the amount of gross income specified in
4 section 6012(a)(1) with respect to the taxpayer.
5 ‘‘(b) LIMITATIONS.—
6 ‘‘(1) TAX LIMITED TO AVERAGE PREMIUM.—
7 ‘‘(A) IN GENERAL.—The tax imposed
8 under subsection (a) with respect to any tax9
payer for any taxable year shall not exceed the
10 applicable national average premium for such
11 taxable ye
ar

OK so not only can you not really keep what you have, if you do not buy a government approved "acceptable" policy you will be penalized with an additional tax.

So tell me how does this bill give me more choice as the president and his sycophants are saying?

that's the one for which I've been constantly posting links

and i have never mentioned either of those red herrings.

I've asked very simple questions and no one has answered me.

Do you want to answer?

How can the supporters of the bill say we get to keep what we have if we like it when the language of the bill makes it impossible to keep what we have?

GRANDFATHERED HEALTH INSURANCE COV4
ERAGE DEFINED.—Subject to the succeeding provisions of
5 this section, for purposes of establishing acceptable cov6
erage under this division, the term ‘‘grandfathered health
7 insurance coverage’’ means individual health insurance
8 coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the
9 first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:

10 (1) LIMITATION ON NEW ENROLLMENT.—
11 (A) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in
12 this paragraph, the individual health insurance
13 issuer offering such coverage does not enroll
14 any individual in such coverage if the first ef15
fective date of coverage is on or after the first
16 day of Y1.
17 (B) DEPENDENT COVERAGE PER18
MITTED.—Subparagraph (A) shall not affect
19 the subsequent enrollment of a dependent of an
20 individual who is covered as of such first day.
21 (2) LIMITATION ON CHANGES IN TERMS OR
22 CONDITIONS.—Subject to paragraph (3) and except
23 as required by law, the issuer does not change any
24 of its terms or conditions, including benefits and
25 cost-sharing, from those in effect as of the day be26
fore the first day of Y1

So again, I can't keep what I have if it changes at all even if i am OK with those changes.

And did you notice how the bill is retroactive allowing no changes in policies 26 days before it goes into effect?

And what about people with insurance covered under ERISA guidelines?

Their insurance will be eliminated 5 years in and they'll have to find something else.

And here's my favorite part

TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE
11 HEALTH CARE COVERAGE.

12 (a) IN GENERAL.—Subchapter A of chapter 1 of the
13 Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by adding at
14 the end the following new part:
15 ‘‘PART VIII—HEALTH CARE RELATED TAXES
‘‘SUBPART A. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE
COVERAGE.
16 ‘‘Subpart A—Tax on Individuals Without Acceptable
17 Health Care Coverage
‘‘Sec. 59B. Tax on individuals without acceptable health care coverage.
18 ‘‘SEC. 59B. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE
19 HEALTH CARE COVERAGE.
20 ‘‘(a) TAX IMPOSED.—In the case of any individual
21 who does not meet the requirements of subsection (d) at
22 any time during the taxable year, there is hereby imposed
23 a tax equal to 2.5 percent of the excess of—

1 ‘‘(1) the taxpayer’s modified adjusted gross in2
come for the taxable year, over
3 ‘‘(2) the amount of gross income specified in
4 section 6012(a)(1) with respect to the taxpayer.
5 ‘‘(b) LIMITATIONS.—
6 ‘‘(1) TAX LIMITED TO AVERAGE PREMIUM.—
7 ‘‘(A) IN GENERAL.—The tax imposed
8 under subsection (a) with respect to any tax9
payer for any taxable year shall not exceed the
10 applicable national average premium for such
11 taxable ye
ar

OK so not only can you not really keep what you have, if you do not buy a government approved "acceptable" policy you will be penalized with an additional tax.

So tell me how does this bill give me more choice as the president and his sycophants are saying?

I already answered this for you. But you don't want to hear the answer. I can't force you to use your mind. It's your choice.

Forum List

Back