The rich live longer, and better.

Good points, but wealth can relieve stress, which aids the feeling of well-being which can contribute to health. It's all good. Also, just being on the right financial track can relieve stress even when just starting out. Most people are on a financial journey, whether they acknowledge it or not, with no certain destination. Certainty gives some comfort.
I only thought it needed to be mentioned that other first world countries provide high quality and affordable health care to the poor and working class as well as the rich.

If you're limiting this topic to Americans then just ignore what I've contributed.

In addition to making healthcare affordable and readily available wealth relieves one of the stresses that lack of it brings.

That study could be grounds for libs putting a ceiling on the lifespan of the rich

Why? I could not care less what their intentions are.

Yeah, no.

The idea that rich people will live a longer, better life is not really shocking.
Socially responsible universal health care offers everybody a long and better life with health care affordable and of high quality to all the people.

Socially responsible universal health care offers everybody a long and better life with health care affordable and of high quality to all the people.

Indeed, and even with UHC the rich will live longer with more good health years

The study defines "wealthy" as a net worth of $980K which includes primary residence, cars and personal assets. That is not wealthy IMO, that's above average and having enough money to afford good health insurance. Maybe it's just me but "wealthy" implies multi-million net worth.

The study defines "wealthy" as a net worth of $980K which includes primary residence, cars and personal assets. That is not wealthy IMO, that's above average and having enough money to afford good health insurance. Maybe it's just me but "wealthy" implies multi-million net worth.

While I agree it is not really wealthy, it is enough wealth to remove much stress from your life, have better than average healthcare and you are likely not working a manual labor job that will leave you body wrecked later in life

Forum List

Back