The right wing cartoon character wants to spend a extra 150 billion for our protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbander

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2016
upload_2016-9-7_22-24-44.png

The department of defense doesn't need anymore money...What they need is a investigation into where all the money is going and accountability from the top. 580 billion dollars per year is more then enough!

I oppose any new spending on defense and if you try to tell me that the dollar doesn't go around like it use to...well, I can argue the same for Nasa, noaa, ssi, infrastructure and education! If anything those things deserve it far more.

The department of defense doesn't need anymore money...What they need is a investigation into where all the money is going and accountability from the top. 580 billion dollars per year is more then enough!

I oppose any new spending on defense and if you try to tell me that the dollar doesn't go around like it use to...well, I can argue the same for Nasa, noaa, ssi, infrastructure and education! If anything those things deserve it far more.

If you keep reducing defense spending, it'll only give people more reason to go to war.

PerCapitaInflationAdjustedDefenseSpending.PNG

Get down to the levels that Clinton got them down to, and the right will start itching for the next war. Currently Bush managed to get defense spending ABOVE Cold War spending by causing a new war and making Islam the new Common Enemy.

Thread closed. Please read the rules

• When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges. Please select the forum that best relates to the subject matter of your topic. Opening Posts require more than a Copy and Paste with a Link, You need to include relevant, on topic material of your own. When posting a new topic do not use the CAPS lock.
USMB Rules and Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back