The Roller Coaster that is Netflix

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Man, this stock graph looks lke a carnival ride when starting 1-22-18 (5 yr.), but it is strong today, has been steadily going up and closed 6% up at $492, but was $535 earlier in the day. Their high in the last 5 years is $690, low of $174 and it looks like they are headed back up towards that high. The outlook for this is strong.

Would not trust holding more than 8-12 months

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NFLX?p=NFLX&.tsrc=fin-srch

Last edited:
Other than Indians (dot) and Turks who the hell watches all those India/Turkey produced movies?

I swear I tried watching a Indian war movie that depicted a Sikh unit and it was totally unwatchable.
Americans watched "Squid Game" and were crazy about it, I found that unwatchable, and I watched half of the first season. Indian and Turkish movies would be unwatchable, but German and other European films are usually far better production value than Hollywood films and drama's.

Americans watched "Squid Game" and were crazy about it, I found that unwatchable, and I watched half of the first season. Indian and Turkish movies would be unwatchable, but German and other European films are usually far better production value than Hollywood films and drama's.
Just look at "recently added" a full half are Indian/Turk movies.....WTF?

Just look at "recently added" a full half are Indian/Turk movies.....WTF?
That means they are getting the cheapest content they can find, maybe that is making their stock price rise? I don't know if there is correlation there or not, but their profits are definitely up.

Direct and Comcast raised prices for 2024. The netflix surge in subscribers won't last long. Eventually many of those new people will settle back on traditional satellite or cable.

Forum List

Back