The Shocking Scandal of Interracial Breakfast!

Who the hell watches a commercial for breakfast cereal and gets that worked up? Wtf?

Im sure there are quite a few who would get worked up about something it. The whole "its promoting" something crowd and as you pointed out before..idiots like 52nd street.

Imagine if th interacial couple were gay. He would have literally lost his mind. :)

Something tells me he really would have downloaded the clip of that commercial and played it over and over and over...if you know what I mean.

Who the hell watches a commercial for breakfast cereal and gets that worked up? Wtf?

Im sure there are quite a few who would get worked up about something it. The whole "its promoting" something crowd and as you pointed out before..idiots like 52nd street.

Imagine if th interacial couple were gay. He would have literally lost his mind. :)

lol... yeah i thought of that too..... :lol:

I wonder what the reaction would been from the other end of the multicultural spectrum if the actor playing the husband had been White and his fictional wife was played by a Black woman?

Interesting. I was listening to a radio program on Sirius this evening that was covering the controversy over this ad, and the host brought up that very question.

There is one certainty, and that is the pairing of white females and black males invokes rage in some white males, and the same reaction is true regarding black females and white males.

It has been a popular topic in sociology and psychology discussion groups for decades. Mainly attributed to the dubious history between the two races in America.

Without getting into my personal opinions, there are quite a few books out there that cover this topic well.

One that I have read that I thought presented some thought provoking commentary was this one:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Race-Mixing-Black-White-Marriage-ebook/dp/B008YG110K/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1]Race Mixing: Black-White Marriage in Postwar America: Renee C. Romano: Amazon.com: Kindle Store[/ame]

I wonder what the reaction would been from the other end of the multicultural spectrum if the actor playing the husband had been White and his fictional wife was played by a Black woman?

Interesting. I was listening to a radio program on Sirius this evening that was covering the controversy over this ad, and the host brought up that very question.

There is one certainty, and that is the pairing of white females and black males invokes rage in some white males, and the same reaction is true regarding black females and white males.

It has been a popular topic in sociology and psychology discussion groups for decades. Mainly attributed to the dubious history between the two races in America.

Without getting into my personal opinions, there are quite a few books out there that cover this topic well...

Why not get into your personal opinions? Isn't that the point?

Without getting into my personal opinions, there are quite a few books out there that cover this topic well...

Not necessarily, but since you ask, you will need to understand that my opinion is that of someone who was raised in an era that was intolerant of interracial relationships.

When I was in Jr. High school, back in the 60's we moved to an integrated neighborhood, due to my Father getting a job promotion.

There was a cute little white girl who lived on the same block who liked to listen to records and dance, so one day after school, she came by our house before my parents got in from work, brought some records and some sodas and asked if I wanted to hang out. Not long after, my Father came home, and freaked out.

He sent her home(politely), then he turned on me and asked ....."have you lost your mind?! Your going to get us all killed!!!"

I was about 13 at the time, and that day, he sat and explained his concern to me. And he did it in a way that he put it in historical context.

He told me the story of Emmitt Till, and explained how although I had been to the south with he, my Mother and Grandmother when they marched in the Civil Rights movement, that there was still a long way to go towards change, even in the north. That was my introduction to a very deep fear that my Father had.

Today of course, we live a more liberal society, but I think that still, for some insecure white males,the idea of "their women" dating or marrying black men, is repulsive and quite honestly is a slap in the face to them, because of the psychological aspect of the "sexually depraved beast"
(black male) forcing himself on the "helpless" white female.

I have known white males who have honestly told me that their worst nightmare is the idea of their girlfriend or wife cheating on them with a black male.

On the flipside, some black males see black women who date or marry white males as "trampish gold diggers" who are selling out to their "oppressor" for a few bucks and some trinkets. Still another form of insecurity.

Personally I think that in some cases both scenarios are reality. I have known some black females who have pursued white males actually thinking that they were going to be treated "better" by them, and then get their feelings hurt when they realize that they were just a "novelty"

I have also known some white females who actually believed the "black stud" myth, and then when they found out that the guy they are with is "normal", they wonder what is wrong with him.

Although I have seen first hand all of those extremes, I believe that adults have the right to date or marry who they choose, and whatever they get is left to chance, and is their business and no one else's.

My son has dated the same white female since he was in college, and years ago, prior to him dating her, I also had "the talk" with him and warned him that he could be subject to negative scrutiny by her family, even though he came from a family that was actually better off than hers.

The good thing is that they seem to be decent people, and have been nice to him so far.

He has spoken to me about marrying her, and him being an adult, that would be his decision, however, I did tell him, to ensure that he gets to know more of her friends and as many in her family as he can, as they will all need to be able to get along.

Society has changed, and what was unthinkable years ago is much more acceptable.

Apparently, youtube had to disable the comments section for a clip of an ad Cheerios recently put out. This shocking ad shockingly shows a cheerful family cheerfully eating breakfast together featuring the shocking and scandalous cereal Cheerios.

Backlash greets Cheerios ad with interracial family

It is a given that 52nd Street will never eat Cheerios again.

It is disheartening to think there are so many idiots out there that would get worked up about something like this.

Hard to believe there are still racist bigots out there, isn't it? :(

Edit: I just watched the ad, and found it very cute. :)

Last edited:

Not necessarily, but since you ask, you will need to understand that my opinion is that of someone who was raised in an era that was intolerant of interracial relationships.

When I was in Jr. High school, back in the 60's we moved to an integrated neighborhood, due to my Father getting a job promotion.

There was a cute little white girl who lived on the same block who liked to listen to records and dance, so one day after school, she came by our house before my parents got in from work, brought some records and some sodas and asked if I wanted to hang out. Not long after, my Father came home, and freaked out.

He sent her home(politely), then he turned on me and asked ....."have you lost your mind?! Your going to get us all killed!!!"

I was about 13 at the time, and that day, he sat and explained his concern to me. And he did it in a way that he put it in historical context.

He told me the story of Emmitt Till, and explained how although I had been to the south with he, my Mother and Grandmother when they marched in the Civil Rights movement, that there was still a long way to go towards change, even in the north. That was my introduction to a very deep fear that my Father had.

Today of course, we live a more liberal society, but I think that still, for some insecure white males,the idea of "their women" dating or marrying black men, is repulsive and quite honestly is a slap in the face to them, because of the psychological aspect of the "sexually depraved beast"

I have known white males who have honestly told me that their worst nightmare is the idea of their girlfriend or wife cheating on them with a black male.

On the flipside, some black males see black women who date or marry white males as "trampish gold diggers" who are selling out to their "oppressor" for a few bucks and some trinkets. Still another form of insecurity.

Personally I think that in some cases both scenarios are reality. I have known some black females who have pursued white males actually thinking that they were going to be treated "better" by them, and then get their feelings hurt when they realize that they were just a "novelty"

I have also known some white females who actually believed the "black stud" myth, and then when they found out that the guy they are with is "normal", they wonder what is wrong with him.

Although I have seen first hand all of those extremes, I believe that adults have the right to date or marry who they choose, and whatever they get is left to chance, and is their business and no one else's.

My son has dated the same white female since he was in college, and years ago, prior to him dating her, I also had "the talk" with him and warned him that he could be subject to negative scrutiny by her family, even though he came from a family that was actually better off than hers.

The good thing is that they seem to be decent people, and have been nice to him so far.

He has spoken to me about marrying her, and him being an adult, that would be his decision, however, I did tell him, to ensure that he gets to know more of her friends and as many in her family as he can, as they will all need to be able to get along.

Society has changed, and what was unthinkable years ago is much more acceptable.

So what you're saying is that your father didn't want you to drink soda?

Apparently, youtube had to disable the comments section for a clip of an ad Cheerios recently put out. This shocking ad shockingly shows a cheerful family cheerfully eating breakfast together featuring the shocking and scandalous cereal Cheerios.

It is a given that 52nd Street will never eat Cheerios again.

It is disheartening to think there are so many idiots out there that would get worked up about something like this.

Hard to believe there are still racist bigots out there, isn't it? :(

Edit: I just watched the ad, and found it very cute. :)

It was a good commercial that mirrors how society is changing. I guess I see it differently since there were far more positive responses to it than negative responses.

There are people starving all over the world and that kid is wasting Cheerios. That ain't right!

So what you're saying is that your father didn't want you to drink soda?

Lol! Your sense of humor is refreshing.....actually, as I am sure you know, he was afraid of me ending up like Emmitt Till. But keep in mind he was raised in the middle of the Jim Crow era in the Midwest, when even looking at a white female would get you hung or lynched......or both.

Interestingly, the girl and I became good friends (platonically) and still keep in touch to this day, she and her husband visit us occasionally.

I forgot to add another interesting point: her family was really cool, they were "Hippies" into the peace and love for all movement , and encouraged us to spend time together.

Last edited:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...cial-ad_n_3436239.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular<A class="lnid-snp_most_popular_3436239 track_page_article" href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/13/cheerios-parody-hilarious-biracial-ad_n_3436239.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular">
s-CHEERIOS-PARODY-154x114.jpg
Hilarious Cheerios Spoof Responds To Haters

Haters are cowards,jumping on a lil girl's parents.Give it back lil one...

They aren't the little girl's parents. They are actors who never saw one another before the cameras turned on. The little girl came from central casting and this isn't a family, they just play one on tv.

Not sure why breakfast cereal is such a big deal. There are interracial couples on TV commercials all the time.

It is a given that 52nd Street will never eat Cheerios

I am watching the NBA Finals between San Antonia and Miami , and at halftime they aired a Sprint commercial that showed a black Father, Asian Mother and what looked a biracial boy. Apparently this one prompted no controversy at all.

Gallup September 12, 2011

PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans are approaching unanimity in their views of marriages between blacks and whites, with 86% now approving of such unions. Americans' views on interracial marriage have undergone a major transformation in the past five decades. When Gallup first asked about black-white marriages in 1958, 4% approved. More Americans disapproved than approved until 1983, and approval did not exceed the majority level until 1997.
Record-High 86% Approve of Black-White Marriages

Pew Research February 16, 2012

About 15% of all new marriages in the United States in 2010 were between spouses of a different race or ethnicity from one another, more than double the share in 1980 (6.7%). Among all newlyweds in 2010, 9% of whites, 17% of blacks, 26% of Hispanics and 28% of Asians married out. Looking at all married couples in 2010, regardless of when they married, the share of intermarriages reached an all-time high of 8.4%. In 1980, that share was just 3.2%.
The Rise of Intermarriage | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

It is a given that 52nd Street will never eat Cheerios

I am watching the NBA Finals between San Antonia and Miami , and at halftime they aired a Sprint commercial that showed a black Father, Asian Mother and what looked a biracial boy. Apparently this one prompted no controversy at all.

Quick, PM 52nd Street so he can lose his shit all over again!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back