The Sounders are the biggest ticket in Seattle

Wow! Who would have thought the largest crowd ever at Century Link Stadium would be the Sounders Timbers game.

A cool 69,000? Got to love a local rivalry, for whatever reason these events bring out the rowdies.

I know several buses will come in from Portland to watch the match.

Soccer is king in Seattle.

USMNT in Seattle - YouTube

I have it on good authority that Paul Allen hates soccor. He only bought into the Sounders to make more use of his football stadium. I've never seen a picture of Paul at a soccor game.

Just sayin...

I'll buy that as a potential conspiracy theory. I don't think you have anything on good authority though.

Fair enough...and getting less so by the minute.

tifo.jpeg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZQ6cbAFBvg&list=UUEPKlFeUjRY_1mpZP8GnkVg]Clint Dempsey: The Arrival - YouTube[/ame]

Dude looks like a friggin zombie...like he spent time in a German concentration camp. :lol:

This scrawny MoFo looks more like he is homeless than an athlete. :lol:

Did you see the part where they said, "let's go hang out by the Seahawks locker room where nobody will bother us." LOL

When was the last time you saw a fat soccer player? They run their asses off all game. It's not like these wussy sports where the plays lasts seven seconds and then it's time for a break.

Dempsey eats the Germans for breakfast.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9LGfgwAnNI]MNT vs. Germany: Clint Dempsey Goal - June 2, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP2RskuRfJU]MNT vs. Germany: Clint Dempsey Second Goal - June 2, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Don't get me wrong. I love my city. I've been all over the U S and Seattle suits me better than anywhere. Born here. The most tolorant and polite town in the U S A. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can go all day here and never hear a horn honk. If you stop and think about it that is a pretty amazing example of people who for the most part really get along with each other.

That said being tolorant has it's dark side. Being ghey in Seattle doesn't mean a thing. Loving a ghey sport in Seattle doesn't raise an eyebrow. It is obvious that there are a lot of the gheys in Seattle as evidenced by the huge turnout for the ghey Sounders FC. Paul Allen is straight and he supports the gheys by providing a stadium for the gheys to watch thier ghey soccor team. As anywhere the gheys are pretty fanatic and outgoing about thier ghey expression. They all run around proclaiming loudly "Hey look at me !! I suck cocks and go to Sounder FC games !!!!"

I don't hate them for it. I do wish they wouldn't mention the Seahawks though. They should really celebrate the ghey and the Sounders FC in the privacy of the stadium and thier own homes. Or...at ghey parades.

^^^

LMAO. Homosexuals love football most, bro. They love watching the big hulking men in their tight spandex pants. Nice try. And for someone who is tolorant, you sure disparage them.

Sounders games are the big ticket and they may not even make the playoffs. That's some loyalty right there. As soon as the Seahawks go back to sucking, it'll be empty seats galore. That's why they're in a football stadium that only holds 65,000 in the first place; pretty low by NFL standards.

I was reading the the most expensive sports franchise is Real Madrid, followed by Manchester United. Both are worth over $3 billion. The next closest is the Dallas Cowboys at $2 billion.

On the world scale, soccer is probably number one and basketball is number two.

I was reading the the most expensive sports franchise is Real Madrid, followed by Manchester United. Both are worth over $3 billion. The next closest is the Dallas Cowboys at $2 billion.

Soccor and basketball are played all over the planet. It is no surprise that they continue to bring in more fan dollars therefor higher prices for the elite of those sports therefor more overall worth in thier franchises.

Still there is no sport with the excitement of an NFL game between two great teams. It has the battles and violence of heavyweight boxing, the ball handling skills of the best basketball players and the speed and agility of track and field and soccor.

There is no sport anywhere with the fan value bang for the buck of competative excellence of the top football games than any sporting events anywhere.

Soccor and basketball are played all over the planet. It is no surprise that they continue to bring in more fan dollars therefor higher prices for the elite of those sports therefor more overall worth in thier franchises.

Still there is no sport with the excitement of an NFL game between two great teams. It has the battles and violence of heavyweight boxing, the ball handling skills of the best basketball players and the speed and agility of track and field and soccor.

There is no sport anywhere with the fan value bang for the buck of competative excellence of the top football games than any sporting events anywhere.

The NFL is rough. But after all the rule changes, it is rarely that "violent" any more. That's for the best. But, players don't have to be as tough as they once were. That's just a fact.

And I love the playoffs of all the sports. But, for my money, nothing beats the intensity and drama of the World Cup. It's tough competition just to make it there and then every game is huge. And it only comes every four years. And national pride is on the line.

Forum List

Back