The war on drugs failed so we should end it

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
Probably the stupidest phrase you'll ever hear. It's like saying the war on murder, rape, or all crime is lost, so we should have laissez-faire attitude relating to those problems too. The fact is there are tens of millions of drug addicts in America and many more that are affected by the collateral damage drugs cause. I'm not an absolutist. The approach of just letting people do as they please is not applicable in this case. If anything we need to ramp up our efforts to combat drug use.

There has never been a war on drugs. The only war on drugs is going on in the Phillipines.

More than 18 years have passed since Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb stunned the world with his “Dark Alliance” newspaper series investigating the connections between the CIA, a crack cocaine explosion in the predominantly African-American neighborhoods of South Los Angeles, and the Nicaraguan Contra fighters — scandalous implications that outraged LA’s black community, severely damaged the intelligence agency’s reputation and launched a number of federal investigations.

Key Figures In CIA-Crack Cocaine Scandal Begin To Come Forward

what, nancy reagan's "just say no" didn't work?

Don't blame the program because people don't choose to use it.

It's like choosing not to follow the directions when putting something together. If the instructions say when installing a ceiling fan put the black wire to the black wire, white wire to the white wire, and green wire to the ground wire, there is a reason. If someone installing that fan puts them in a combination other than what it says and it doesn't work, is that the fault of the instructions or the person choosing not to follow them?

More than 18 years have passed since Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb stunned the world with his “Dark Alliance” newspaper series investigating the connections between the CIA, a crack cocaine explosion in the predominantly African-American neighborhoods of South Los Angeles, and the Nicaraguan Contra fighters — scandalous implications that outraged LA’s black community, severely damaged the intelligence agency’s reputation and launched a number of federal investigations.

Key Figures In CIA-Crack Cocaine Scandal Begin To Come Forward
Gee, wasn't that time frame when Hillary's philandering husband was in office???

Maybe Ol' Bill needed a new market for all that coke they flew into Mena....

Probably the stupidest phrase you'll ever hear. It's like saying the war on murder, rape, or all crime is lost, so we should have laissez-faire attitude relating to those problems too. The fact is there are tens of millions of drug addicts in America and many more that are affected by the collateral damage drugs cause. I'm not an absolutist. The approach of just letting people do as they please is not applicable in this case. If anything we need to ramp up our efforts to combat drug use.
do you even understand what they are saying when they say it is lost?...

Amen! Let's just throw away another trillion dollars into useless enforcement, continue to erode our Constitution, and ruin millions of people's lives!

More "small" government conservatism please!

Just like they did with alcohol prohibition....

Prohibition accomplished nada.

So you're going to equate shooting heroine with alcohol?

We have a major drug war going on right now and we're losing big time. Marijuana isn't going to kill anyone but Heroin and 'Oxy-drugs' are killing young people in every small town and city every day.

This problem gets little attention because drug companies make billions off of the over-prescribing of pain-killers and Democrats don't want to call attention to the porous borders that allow Heroin to easily flow into the U.S.

Amen! Let's just throw away another trillion dollars into useless enforcement, continue to erode our Constitution, and ruin millions of people's lives!

More "small" government conservatism please!

I'm not suggesting any of that, but I know what you want will only make matters worse.

do you even understand what they are saying when they say it is lost?...

They're saying we can't stop ppl from doing drugs, it's a hopeless situation, so we should give up on making drugs illegal.

Last edited:
We have a major drug war going on right now and we're losing big time. Marijuana isn't going to kill anyone but Heroin and 'Oxy-drugs' are killing young people in every small town and city every day.

This problem gets little attention because drug companies make billions off of the over-prescribing of pain-killers and Democrats don't want to call attention to the porous borders that allow Heroin to easily flow into the U.S.

It's bad enough we got meth labs. We don't want labs springing up everywhere cranking out painkillers. Give the drug companies a break, no matter how much they deserve the abuse.

Yes....Both are drugs, both can kill....

Yes....Both are drugs, both can kill....

So all drugs are equal then?

Forum List

Back