The war on drugs failed so we should end it

Probably the stupidest phrase you'll ever hear. It's like saying the war on murder, rape, or all crime is lost, so we should have laissez-faire attitude relating to those problems too. The fact is there are tens of millions of drug addicts in America and many more that are affected by the collateral damage drugs cause. I'm not an absolutist. The approach of just letting people do as they please is not applicable in this case. If anything we need to ramp up our efforts to combat drug use.
Just like they did with alcohol prohibition....

So you're going to equate shooting heroine with alcohol?
Yes....Both are drugs, both can kill....

So all drugs are equal then?
Equal in strength, composition, effectiveness, reactions?

Probably the stupidest phrase you'll ever hear. It's like saying the war on murder, rape, or all crime is lost, so we should have laissez-faire attitude relating to those problems too. The fact is there are tens of millions of drug addicts in America and many more that are affected by the collateral damage drugs cause. I'm not an absolutist. The approach of just letting people do as they please is not applicable in this case. If anything we need to ramp up our efforts to combat drug use.

dangerousness

Laws against pot are stupid.

Shit like coke, meth, and heroin need to be dealt with differently. I like what the Filipinos do to drug traffickers.

They kill them.

dangerousness
You can die from drinking too much water, should we outlaw water?

dangerousness
You can die from drinking too much water, should we outlaw water?

For many years, I drank approximately a gallon of water each day, and it did not do me no harm.

Maybe, that Bruce Lee's secret. Ya know, he was big on water. lol

Amen! Let's just throw away another trillion dollars into useless enforcement, continue to erode our Constitution, and ruin millions of people's lives!

More "small" government conservatism please!

Have you ever chased money down a drain?

There has never been a war on drugs. The only war on drugs is going on in the Phillipines.
i thought you were fond of your buddies the Chinese?...not good enough anymore?...
The Chinese method is good too. Drug use is a medical problem. It is treated by work therapy in one of the chinese mega factories. Term of treatment is 3 years. After 3 failed treatment programs the addict never gets out.

Shit like coke, meth, and heroin need to be dealt with differently. I like what the Filipinos do to drug traffickers.

They kill them.

The Filipinos kill the potheads too. Good for the Filipinos.

Amen! Let's just throw away another trillion dollars into useless enforcement, continue to erode our Constitution, and ruin millions of people's lives!

More "small" government conservatism please!

I'm not suggesting any of that, but I know what you want will only make matters worse.

And yet that's exactly what you're promoting, knowingly or not.

what, nancy reagan's "just say no" didn't work?
How about we just say yes and you be responsible to anything that happens to you as a result! That will work for me! You wanna be dumb don't ask for contributions.

do you even understand what they are saying when they say it is lost?...

They're saying we can't stop ppl from doing drugs, it's a hopeless situation, so we should give up on making drugs illegal.
only half right....some foolish people are for making all drugs legal but they are saying the "war" is lost because of the amount of time and money spent on a campaign that doesnt seem to be making any headway....especially against pot....and jailing people and giving them a record for smoking something that is less harmful than alcohol ....the emphasis should be on the hard core drugs....

They kill them.

The Filipinos kill the potheads too. Good for the Filipinos.
yea until someone who doesnt like you,and we know that is very probable for you,says your one....then what are you going to do?...

And how would you suggest we go about "ramping up" the existing folly which the existing drug laws are? Based on what already has been done to stop those who are inclined to use drugs from using them it should be clear to the reasoning mind that any effective means of ensuring abstinence would involve the most brutally totalitarian methods imaginable -- such as are presently in use in the Philippines and includes on-the-spot execution.

Now that we've seen that force doesn't work it seems reasonable to try intensified public education, which is the means by which use of the most addictive drug of all, nicotine, was reduced by almost 80% without arresting anyone.

As for those who insist on self-destruction via abuse of powerful narcotics, there is no way within the social boundaries of a free society to prevent them from doing it.

One is legal, one is illegal. One is regulated and taxed by the government, one is neither regulated nor taxed. I could go on, but it falls on deaf ears.

what, nancy reagan's "just say no" didn't work?
The irony of that "Just Say No" routine is Nancy Reagan was a degenerate quaalude junkie.
There has never been a war on drugs. The only war on drugs is going on in the Phillipines.
It will take the Philippines extreme approach a long time to catch up to the misery and death brought about by our so-called drug war.

Forum List

Back