The war on drugs failed so we should end it

Probably the stupidest phrase you'll ever hear. It's like saying the war on murder, rape, or all crime is lost, so we should have laissez-faire attitude relating to those problems too. The fact is there are tens of millions of drug addicts in America and many more that are affected by the collateral damage drugs cause. I'm not an absolutist. The approach of just letting people do as they please is not applicable in this case. If anything we need to ramp up our efforts to combat drug use.
Just like they did with alcohol prohibition....

Prohibition accomplished nada.

Quite the contrary, it accomplished a lot!
It greatly increased the Federal bureaucracy and power.
It provided the catalyst for the first federal gun control laws.
It greatly increased the power of organized crime.
It created enormous corruption in law enforcement and the court system.
It resulted in widespread disdain for the law.
It was the catalyst for the destruction of the 5th Amendment.

Probably the stupidest phrase you'll ever hear. It's like saying the war on murder, rape, or all crime is lost, so we should have laissez-faire attitude relating to those problems too. The fact is there are tens of millions of drug addicts in America and many more that are affected by the collateral damage drugs cause. I'm not an absolutist. The approach of just letting people do as they please is not applicable in this case. If anything we need to ramp up our efforts to combat drug use.

Of course, but I meant in the grand scheme of things.

Until all white people are permanently off of drugs, the war will continue. Once you're done with dope, than the war will end and nigga's will die from overdoses
The only reason why people die from overdoses is there is no way to know what they are getting from street dealers.

For example, pure heroin (diacetyl morphine) is a deadly poison. It must be diluted ("cut") with some benign substance to reduce its potency. If it isn't cut enough, while a long-term user might be able to tolerate its purity level it could kill a relatively inexperienced user. At the other end is the dealer who doesn't know what he is doing and cuts his product with some toxic substance -- a contingency which was responsible for thirty-six deaths in one night in New York City's infamous "Needle Park."

Legally available doses of heroin would eliminate this problem.
Was that the dude that cut heroin with powdered insecticide?

You do not consider corrupt cops, corrupt courts, the camel's nose in the gun control tent, a gigantic Federal bureaucracy, the creation of F-troop, and the shredding of the Constitution significant "in the grand scheme of things"?!

You do not consider corrupt cops, corrupt courts, the camel's nose in the gun control tent, a gigantic Federal bureaucracy, the creation of F-troop, and the shredding of the Constitution significant "in the grand scheme of things"?!

I don't waste a second on alternative futures. My brain is too precious for that.

Big difference between murder/rape and adults using drugs. The former most certainly infringes on the rights of another. The latter is a consensual activity, which I would argue is none of your business.

How about we wage war on people that have actually hurt another or taken what does belong to them? That seems a far more reasonable place to start.

So you dont think drug addicts and drug dealers infringe on the rights of others?

I suppose I would ask you the same question. How is what an adult puts into their own body in any way infringing upon another?

OF COURSE, if some junkie steals to support his habit, he's crossed the line into non-consensual activity, but that's already illegal. Good to go.

Big difference between murder/rape and adults using drugs. The former most certainly infringes on the rights of another. The latter is a consensual activity, which I would argue is none of your business.

How about we wage war on people that have actually hurt another or taken what does belong to them? That seems a far more reasonable place to start.

So you dont think drug addicts and drug dealers infringe on the rights of others?

I suppose I would ask you the same question. How is what an adult puts into their own body in any way infringing upon another?

OF COURSE, if some junkie steals to support his habit, he's crossed the line into non-consensual activity, but that's already illegal. Good to go.

Ummm does the drug not make them steal, and even kill ppl from time to time?

For millions, no, for some, sure. But like I said, stealing and killing are clearly infringing on the rights of another and are already illegal. So, I ask again, how is an adult taking a drug infringing on anyone's rights?

They put a gun to your head.

For millions, no, for some, sure. But like I said, stealing and killing are clearly infringing on the rights of another and are already illegal. So, I ask again, how is an adult taking a drug infringing on anyone's rights?

Wow your dense. First of its a larger amount than what you believe. Many people in prison for violent acts wouldn't be there if they didn't get high. If drugs are causing the behavior that has ,overall, many negative effects on society, then the drugs needs to be outlawed.

Last edited:

They have a huge negative effect on behavior for a lot of ppl.

They have a huge negative effect on behavior for a lot of ppl.

Especially when they are looking for a fix.

Wow your dense.

Oh the irony. Pal, if you're going to use a logical fallacy to level a school yard taunt, get the grammar right. It's "you're".

First of its a larger amount than what you believe. Many people in prison for violent acts wouldn't be there if they didn't get high. If drugs are causing the behavior that has ,overall, many negative effects on society, then the drugs needs to be outlawed.

Not interested in what someone MIGHT do. You might be a deranged lunatic, but I wouldn't advocate your incarceration in case that turns out to be true. It is looking more and more likely.

Anyway, you still haven't answered the question. Want to try one more time?

Wow your dense.

Oh the irony. Pal, if you're going to use a logical fallacy to level a school yard taunt, get the grammar right. It's "you're".

First of its a larger amount than what you believe. Many people in prison for violent acts wouldn't be there if they didn't get high. If drugs are causing the behavior that has ,overall, many negative effects on society, then the drugs needs to be outlawed.

Not interested in what someone MIGHT do. You might be a deranged lunatic, but I wouldn't advocate your incarceration in case that turns out to be true. It is looking more and more likely.

This is why the world rejects libertarianism, you have no practical bones in your bodies. I answered the question. They infringe on the rights of ppl by killing them, for example. Duh. You're trying to make us believe that very few ppl have violent reactions to drugs, when that's not the case. People don't want to ban drugs to be mean to people or take away freedom for the sake of doing so. I know you'll say the road to hell was paved with good intentions, but you're refusing to look at the reality on the ground. The reality is drugs are a huge problem that effect us in a multitude of ways. Making them legal would exacerbate the problems they bring.

The only reason why people die from overdoses is there is no way to know what they are getting from street dealers.

For example, pure heroin (diacetyl morphine) is a deadly poison. It must be diluted ("cut") with some benign substance to reduce its potency. If it isn't cut enough, while a long-term user might be able to tolerate its purity level it could kill a relatively inexperienced user. At the other end is the dealer who doesn't know what he is doing and cuts his product with some toxic substance -- a contingency which was responsible for thirty-six deaths in one night in New York City's infamous "Needle Park."

Legally available doses of heroin would eliminate this problem.

What problem? If anything the government should make pure shit freely available as long as the addict has their SS# written on their forearm with a sharpie so the body can be processed quickly.

a jabbering retard said:
Until all white people are permanently off of drugs, the war will continue. Once you're done with dope, than the war will end and nigga's will die from overdoses

It baffles me how people as stupid as you manage to live long enough to learn to type. If it wasn't for child proof lids on Drano you would have died under a kitchen sink years ago.

Wow your dense.

This is why the world rejects libertarianism, you have no practical bones in your bodies. I answered the question. They infringe on the rights of ppl by killing them, for example. Duh.

I'd agree with you, but you're wrong. Putting something, anything, into one's body is NOT murder.

Logic 101.

You're trying to make us believe that very few ppl have violent reactions to drugs, when that's not the case.

That would depend on the drug and the person. But once again, you miss the point. WHEN people have violent reactions, everyone agrees that should be illegal, and it already is.

Sorry, I don't believe in your omnipotence to predict the future.

People don't want to ban drugs to be mean to people or take away freedom for the sake of doing so. I know you'll say the road to hell was paved with good intentions, but you're refusing to look at the reality on the ground. The reality is drugs are a huge problem that effect us in a multitude of ways. Making them legal would exacerbate the problems they bring.

By your logic, we should ban books that might, in some people, inspire them to infringe on the rights of others. Which books exactly shall we ban?

Sorry, I pass on any criminalization of consensual activity between adults. You really don't know what's best for everyone else anymore than the Lefties trying to impose their will on others. You're both cut from the same meddling cloth.

[...]

What problem? If anything the government should make pure shit freely available as long as the addict has their SS# written on their forearm with a sharpie so the body can be processed quickly.

If you believe that measured doses of sterile heroin distributed to addicts, as is being done in Switzerland and The Netherlands with considerable success in its drug-use reduction program, causes death it is patent evidence of your ignorance.

It baffles me how people as stupid as you manage to live long enough to learn to type. If it wasn't for child proof lids on Drano you would have died under a kitchen sink years ago.

Keepers at NYC's Bronx Zoo have installed plexiglas barriers beyond the bars of some cages in the primate exhibit because the monkeys there are known to defecate into their hands and throw it when something upsets them. The monkeys do this when they are frustrated because all that a monkey in a cage can do when he doesn't like something is throw shit.

Ignorance and stupidity are metaphorical cages. Personal insults and empty ad hominem comments are analogous to handfuls of shit to be tossed out in place of intelligent, reasoned, logical arguments.

Thats what ive been saying all along. Theres no way we can eliminate rape either, doesnt mean we shouldnt try to prevent and deter it.
I hope it doesn't come as a surprise to you but there is a big difference between raping someone and using a recreational substance. But since you seem determined to prevent adult Americans from using drugs can you suggest some means of doing that which hasn't already been exhaustively tried with zero success?

And while you're thinking about it why not research the success Portugal has experienced since it legalized drugs.

Forum List

Back