The war on drugs failed so we should end it

I suppose I would ask you the same question. How is what an adult puts into their own body in any way infringing upon another?

OF COURSE, if some junkie steals to support his habit, he's crossed the line into non-consensual activity, but that's already illegal. Good to go.

Ummm does the drug not make them steal, and even kill ppl from time to time?

For millions, no, for some, sure. But like I said, stealing and killing are clearly infringing on the rights of another and are already illegal. So, I ask again, how is an adult taking a drug infringing on anyone's rights?

Wow your dense.

Oh the irony. Pal, if you're going to use a logical fallacy to level a school yard taunt, get the grammar right. It's "you're".

First of its a larger amount than what you believe. Many people in prison for violent acts wouldn't be there if they didn't get high. If drugs are causing the behavior that has ,overall, many negative effects on society, then the drugs needs to be outlawed.

Not interested in what someone MIGHT do. You might be a deranged lunatic, but I wouldn't advocate your incarceration in case that turns out to be true. It is looking more and more likely.

Anyway, you still haven't answered the question. Want to try one more time?

This is why the world rejects libertarianism, you have no practical bones in your bodies. I answered the question. They infringe on the rights of ppl by killing them, for example. Duh. You're trying to make us believe that very few ppl have violent reactions to drugs, when that's not the case. People don't want to ban drugs to be mean to people or take away freedom for the sake of doing so. I know you'll say the road to hell was paved with good intentions, but you're refusing to look at the reality on the ground. The reality is drugs are a huge problem that effect us in a multitude of ways. Making them legal would exacerbate the problems they bring.
Then why are you giving alcohol a free pass..??

The war on drugs is bringing in revenue. The DEA is the only agency of the government that actually pays for itself. The property and money the DEA seizes even goes toward supporting the U.S. Attorney's Office, local law enforcement departments, and the United States Marshalls.

Ummm does the drug not make them steal, and even kill ppl from time to time?

For millions, no, for some, sure. But like I said, stealing and killing are clearly infringing on the rights of another and are already illegal. So, I ask again, how is an adult taking a drug infringing on anyone's rights?

Wow your dense.

Oh the irony. Pal, if you're going to use a logical fallacy to level a school yard taunt, get the grammar right. It's "you're".

First of its a larger amount than what you believe. Many people in prison for violent acts wouldn't be there if they didn't get high. If drugs are causing the behavior that has ,overall, many negative effects on society, then the drugs needs to be outlawed.

Not interested in what someone MIGHT do. You might be a deranged lunatic, but I wouldn't advocate your incarceration in case that turns out to be true. It is looking more and more likely.

This is why the world rejects libertarianism, you have no practical bones in your bodies. I answered the question. They infringe on the rights of ppl by killing them, for example. Duh. You're trying to make us believe that very few ppl have violent reactions to drugs, when that's not the case. People don't want to ban drugs to be mean to people or take away freedom for the sake of doing so. I know you'll say the road to hell was paved with good intentions, but you're refusing to look at the reality on the ground. The reality is drugs are a huge problem that effect us in a multitude of ways. Making them legal would exacerbate the problems they bring.

While no one can deny the negative impact alcohol has on our society, it is also important to understand most people don't consume alcohol to get drunk, the sole purpose for doing drugs is to get high. I do concede that when people get drunk they are just as dangerous, if not more so, than ppl who get high.

Probably the stupidest phrase you'll ever hear. It's like saying the war on murder, rape, or all crime is lost, so we should have laissez-faire attitude relating to those problems too. The fact is there are tens of millions of drug addicts in America and many more that are affected by the collateral damage drugs cause. I'm not an absolutist. The approach of just letting people do as they please is not applicable in this case. If anything we need to ramp up our efforts to combat drug use.

It was a great idea according to black politicians, like Charles Rangel and the NAACP, who begged Nixon to start it.

The war on drugs is bringing in revenue. The DEA is the only agency of the government that actually pays for itself. The property and money the DEA seizes even goes toward supporting the U.S. Attorney's Office, local law enforcement departments, and the United States Marshalls.
That simply is not true. If you wish to know the facts pick up a copy of, The Big White Lie, by Michael Levine, former DEA undercover operative. https://www.amazon.com/Big-White-Lie-Operation-Sabotage/dp/0985238623&tag=ff0d01-20

The drug war, including the DEA, is costing the taxpayers a major fortune in spite of asset forfeiture and occasional cash seizures. If anything, access to all this money has fostered corruption.

Last edited:

Wow your dense.

While no one can deny the negative impact alcohol has on our society, it is also important to understand most people don't consume alcohol to get drunk, the sole purpose for doing drugs is to get high. I do concede that when people get drunk they are just as dangerous, if not more so, than ppl who get high.

I don't take drugs to get high, I use them to relive pain...People get drunk for a purpose?

Wow your dense.

I don't take drugs to get high, I use them to relive pain...

You shouldn't self medicate. Go to a doctor.

Where do you think I get the drugs from...?? You assume much you are ignorant about..

How many doctors will tell u to smoke pot for your psin?

Fine advice. A very different thing then sending armed agents to incarcerate anything that doesn't take your advice.

Where do you think I get the drugs from...?? You assume much you are ignorant about..

That's fine, I'm not saying ban drugs that are already legal.

That's fine, I'm not saying ban drugs that are already legal.
More people die from legal drugs and alcohol than illegal drugs in the USA....

That simply is not true. If you wish to know the facts pick up a copy of, The Big White Lie, by Michael Levine, former DEA undercover operative. The drug war, including the DEA, is costing the taxpayers a major fortune in spite of asset forfeiture and occasional cash seizures. If anything, access to all this money has fostered corruption.

I don't have to read someone's book to get my information. I know people within the DEA right now.

Forum List

Back