The war on drugs failed so we should end it

Illinois recently launched its medical marijuana program, providing patients with the option to choose cannabis over addictive, expensive and sometimes deadly prescription drugs. But it’s not just Illinois that is reaping the medicinal benefits of marijuana. According to a study published in the prestigious journal JAMA Internal Medicine, states where medical cannabis is legal report fewer deaths associated with pharmaceutical drugs.(1,2)
.Opioid-related deaths decrease by 25 percent in states with medical marijuana program

How many doctors will tell u to smoke pot for your psin?

In states in which medical cannabis is legal, thousands of them.

That's funny, all the doctors I speak to are steadfast against it.

That would be the logical fallacy of anecdote. Try again.

So what's the majority concensus then??

Which makes my point. I don't care about consensus, I only care about adults infringing on the rights of another. That ain't the case here.

Then why are they medicating people with epilepsy and having productive results?

There haven't been enough studies that conclude pot has any medicinal purposes.
Only because it is not allowed to be researched in the US..

While no one can deny the negative impact alcohol has on our society, it is also important to understand most people don't consume alcohol to get drunk, the sole purpose for doing drugs is to get high. I do concede that when people get drunk they are just as dangerous, if not more so, than ppl who get high.

I don't take drugs to get high, I use them to relive pain...

You shouldn't self medicate. Go to a doctor.
Where do you think I get the drugs from...?? You assume much you are ignorant about..

That's fine, I'm not saying ban drugs that are already legal.
More people die from legal drugs and alcohol than illegal drugs in the USA....

Many people die or become addicted to legal drugs. The DEA has a unit that specifically deals with doctors and pharmacies who abuse the prescribing of legal drugs.

The war on drugs is bringing in revenue. The DEA is the only agency of the government that actually pays for itself. The property and money the DEA seizes even goes toward supporting the U.S. Attorney's Office, local law enforcement departments, and the United States Marshalls.
That simply is not true. If you wish to know the facts pick up a copy of, The Big White Lie, by Michael Levine, former DEA undercover operative. The drug war, including the DEA, is costing the taxpayers a major fortune in spite of asset forfeiture and occasional cash seizures. If anything, access to all this money has fostered corruption.

I don't have to read someone's book to get my information. I know people within the DEA right now.
do they enjoy violating the peoples 5th Amendment rights?

Where do you think I get the drugs from...?? You assume much you are ignorant about..

That's fine, I'm not saying ban drugs that are already legal.
More people die from legal drugs and alcohol than illegal drugs in the USA....

Many people die or become addicted to legal drugs. The DEA has a unit that specifically deals with doctors and pharmacies who abuse the prescribing of legal drugs.

That I believe.

The war on drugs is bringing in revenue. The DEA is the only agency of the government that actually pays for itself. The property and money the DEA seizes even goes toward supporting the U.S. Attorney's Office, local law enforcement departments, and the United States Marshalls.
That simply is not true. If you wish to know the facts pick up a copy of, The Big White Lie, by Michael Levine, former DEA undercover operative. The drug war, including the DEA, is costing the taxpayers a major fortune in spite of asset forfeiture and occasional cash seizures. If anything, access to all this money has fostered corruption.

I don't have to read someone's book to get my information. I know people within the DEA right now.

Many DEA agents do enjoy their jobs just like everyone else.

the post office pays for itself....

For millions, no, for some, sure. But like I said, stealing and killing are clearly infringing on the rights of another and are already illegal. So, I ask again, how is an adult taking a drug infringing on anyone's rights?

Wow your dense.

Oh the irony. Pal, if you're going to use a logical fallacy to level a school yard taunt, get the grammar right. It's "you're".

First of its a larger amount than what you believe. Many people in prison for violent acts wouldn't be there if they didn't get high. If drugs are causing the behavior that has ,overall, many negative effects on society, then the drugs needs to be outlawed.

Not interested in what someone MIGHT do. You might be a deranged lunatic, but I wouldn't advocate your incarceration in case that turns out to be true. It is looking more and more likely.

Anyway, you still haven't answered the question. Want to try one more time?

This is why the world rejects libertarianism, you have no practical bones in your bodies. I answered the question. They infringe on the rights of ppl by killing them, for example. Duh. You're trying to make us believe that very few ppl have violent reactions to drugs, when that's not the case. People don't want to ban drugs to be mean to people or take away freedom for the sake of doing so. I know you'll say the road to hell was paved with good intentions, but you're refusing to look at the reality on the ground. The reality is drugs are a huge problem that effect us in a multitude of ways. Making them legal would exacerbate the problems they bring.
Then why are you giving alcohol a free pass..??

While no one can deny the negative impact alcohol has on our society, it is also important to understand most people don't consume alcohol to get drunk, the sole purpose for doing drugs is to get high. I do concede that when people get drunk they are just as dangerous, if not more so, than ppl who get high.
it is also important to understand most people don't consume alcohol to get drunk
maybe not to get drunk but to put a buzz on yes.....just like most pot smokers....

The Post Office is in the red millions of dollars almost every year.

I don't violate peoples Constitutional rights when I do my job..

Oh the irony. Pal, if you're going to use a logical fallacy to level a school yard taunt, get the grammar right. It's "you're".

Not interested in what someone MIGHT do. You might be a deranged lunatic, but I wouldn't advocate your incarceration in case that turns out to be true. It is looking more and more likely.

Anyway, you still haven't answered the question. Want to try one more time?

This is why the world rejects libertarianism, you have no practical bones in your bodies. I answered the question. They infringe on the rights of ppl by killing them, for example. Duh. You're trying to make us believe that very few ppl have violent reactions to drugs, when that's not the case. People don't want to ban drugs to be mean to people or take away freedom for the sake of doing so. I know you'll say the road to hell was paved with good intentions, but you're refusing to look at the reality on the ground. The reality is drugs are a huge problem that effect us in a multitude of ways. Making them legal would exacerbate the problems they bring.
Then why are you giving alcohol a free pass..??

yea and let him medicate you.....

Hmm...is that why taxpayers supplement the Post Office to the tune of $18 billion each year?

American taxpayers give an $18 billion gift to the post office every year

thats funny all the ones ive talked to many have non negative opinions of it.....many have told me if what i give you doesnt work,but the pot works,and you can get it,go for it.....just be careful....

They just enforce the laws that are on the books that they are charged with enforcing. They did not make the laws -- Congress did.

Then why are they medicating people with epilepsy and having productive results?

There haven't been enough studies that conclude pot has any medicinal purposes.
Only because it is not allowed to be researched in the US..
or because its stupidly a schedule 1 drug,which it should not be....

That is why OSHA is king.

They just enforce the laws that are on the books that they are charged with enforcing. They did not make the laws -- Congress did.
The Dept of Justice and the president ordered them to stop it, yet it still continues...

The Post Office is in the red millions of dollars almost every year.
it still uses its money to survive.....it is mandated by congress to break even if possible which was never much of a problem until that bill was passed in 06....

The Dept of Justice and the president ordered them to stop it, yet it still continues...

The Department of Justice and OSHA are apples and oranges.

Forum List

Back