Theism, Atheism, Non-Theism

Blues Man so when I say I am aware of the standard and choose to not meet the standard because I find eating meat pleasurable and I am selfish - which means I lack consideration for animals - and I am chiefly concerned with my own pleasure, you think that is me rationalizing?

Yup.

Because you say these things and it's merely lip service or you are trying to god me into a contradiction.

Like I said you say you are weak and selfish and you are accepting those as excuses for your own behavior because you believe those things cannot be changed. So what are the reasons you choose to be weak and selfish?
Not sure how admitting I do wrong things will curry favor with God, but it's nice to know you think I am strong and selfless. :rolleyes:

I don't choose to be weak and selfish. I choose pleasure.
I never said anything about gods.

And of course you are choosing to be weak and selfish because you don't care that being weak and selfish makes you live a life that is not in agreement with the values you say are so importatnt to you
Again... I am choosing pleasure because I am selfish and weak.
Again what is your reason to choose weakness because it is a choice. You are choosing to live in a manner that contradicts your own beliefs so you are choosing to be a hypocrite.

Blues Man so when I say I am aware of the standard and choose to not meet the standard because I find eating meat pleasurable and I am selfish - which means I lack consideration for animals - and I am chiefly concerned with my own pleasure, you think that is me rationalizing?

Yup.

Because you say these things and it's merely lip service or you are trying to god me into a contradiction.

Like I said you say you are weak and selfish and you are accepting those as excuses for your own behavior because you believe those things cannot be changed. So what are the reasons you choose to be weak and selfish?
Not sure how admitting I do wrong things will curry favor with God, but it's nice to know you think I am strong and selfless. :rolleyes:

And of course you are choosing to be weak and selfish because you don't care that being weak and selfish makes you live a life that is not in agreement with the values you say are so importatnt to you
Again what is your reason to choose weakness because it is a choice. You are choosing to live in a manner that contradicts your own beliefs so you are choosing to be a hypocrite.
I don't choose weakness. I am weak. I choose pleasure. What part of I am choosing pleasure because I am selfish and weak don't you understand?

I would only be a hypocrite if I rationalized I wasn't doing wrong which is what YOU do. When people don't meet the standard and admit they didn't meet the standard, they aren't hypocrites, they just failed to meet the standard. But in no way does their failure to meet the standard negate the standard.

Yup.

I don't choose weakness. I am weak. I choose pleasure. What part of I am choosing pleasure because I am selfish and weak don't you understand?

I would only be a hypocrite if I rationalized I wasn't doing wrong which is what YOU do. When people don't meet the standard and admit they didn't meet the standard, they aren't hypocrites, they just failed to meet the standard. But in no way does their failure to meet the standard negate the standard.
You choose to be weak. You choose to be selfish. You can change these things but you don't want to.

Yup.

You choose to be weak. You choose to be selfish. You can change these things but you don't want to.
Again... I am choosing pleasure because I am weak and selfish. I think it must be your judgmental nature that is clouding your objectivity with bias which is preventing you from seeing this reality. That and probably your competitive nature which prevents you from admitting you are wrong.

And yes, for the record I don't want to change what I am doing because I like it and because I am selfish and too weak to do what I know I should do. But what I am not doing is rationalizing that what I am doing is right like you do. Nor am I compartmentalizing what I am doing because I fully acknowledge and admit to what I am doing and don't try to justify it as good and right like you do.

Yup.

Again... I am choosing pleasure because I am weak and selfish. I think it must be your judgmental nature that is clouding your objectivity with bias which is preventing you from seeing this reality. That and probably your competitive nature which prevents you from admitting you are wrong.

And yes, for the record I don't want to change what I am doing because I like it and because I am selfish and too weak to do what I know I should do. But what I am not doing is rationalizing that what I am doing is right like you do. Nor am I compartmentalizing what I am doing because I fully acknowledge and admit to what I am doing and don't try to justify it as good and right like you do.

So you think it is utterly impossible to choose not to be weak and selfish?

And I have never said anything I do is right or good I do what I do so I can live a life aligned with my own values. You seem to prefer a life of discord because you choose to live a life that does not agree with your own values.

Yup.

And I have never said anything I do is right or good I do what I do so I can live a life aligned with my own values. You seem to prefer a life of discord because you choose to live a life that does not agree with your own values.
I never said that. The journey of life is a conflict and confusion process. So it's a journey and a process.

I don't think your words match your actions. But that's OK because that's your journey; that's your conflict and confusion process. I think you rationalize a lot. So it isn't surprising that you have rationalized you aren't rationalizing.

Yup.

I never said that. The journey of life is a conflict and confusion process. So it's a journey and a process.

I don't think your words match your actions. But that's OK because that's your journey; that's your conflict and confusion process. I think you rationalize a lot. So it isn't surprising that you have rationalized you aren't rationalizing.
I live more aligned to my values than you do.

I do not consciously choose to violate my own code of values like you do.

Yup.

Because you rationalize. Like I said before, the human mind cannot live in conflict.

Yup.

Because you rationalize. Like I said before, the human mind cannot live in conflict.
No I choose not to live in conflict with my own values as you do.

Yup.

No, you rationalize you have no incongruities.

There is no conflict when one confesses his sins. If I was conflicted I would be rationalizing I was doing good when I wasn't. That's the conflict. As long as I own my bad acts - even if I keep doing them - my beliefs are still aligned with the standard even if my actions aren't. It's a process. It's a journey. But the journey can't begin until one acknowledges that he isn't meeting the standard. You can't see this because you are judgmental. You think everyone must do perfect things rather than be perfect. Being perfect does not mean doing perfect things. I have no doubt this concept is beyond your ability to comprehend but I promise you that true stoics would get it. So would true Buddhists.

Last edited:

Yup.

There is no conflict when one confesses his sins.

I never said that.

In fact I distinctly remember saying I have my faults just like everyone does.

Yup.

I never said that.

Who are you trying to convince?

Yup.

I never said that.

I am merely pointing out that you are once again lying about what I actually said.

Yup.

I never said that.

I am merely pointing out that you are once again lying about what I actually said.
It is easier for you to see it that way.

Yup.

I never said that.

And yet you can never seem to quote any post where I actually said what you claim I said

Yup.

I never said that.

And yet you can never seem to quote any post where I actually said what you claim I said
I'm happy for you to see it that way.

Yup.

I never said that.

You mean accurately?

You have yet to provide an actual quote of me saying what you keep telling me I said.

But you just admitted you're happy to be seen as a liar so I guess I shouldn't be surprised

Yup.

I never said that.

You mean accurately?

You have yet to provide an actual quote of me saying what you keep telling me I said.

But you just admitted you're happy to be seen as a liar so I guess I shouldn't be surprised
Like I said before, I'm happy for you to see it that way.

Yup.

I never said that.

You mean accurately?

Uh huh

Yup.

I never said that.

You mean accurately?

Uh huh
100%

Forum List

Back