Think about it, there must be higher love...

sakinago

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012
Down in the heart or hidden up in the stars above. Without it, life is wasted time. Look inside your heart...

Down in the heart or hidden up in the stars above. Without it, life is wasted time. Look inside your heart...
Just ask Steve Winwood, I believe he knows where that is. (He had a huge hit song with "Higher Love" in the 80's.)

John Coltrane DID do A Love Supreme, your answer MAY be there......
You are in my book the coolest guy ever on this site from now on. Now, I just need you to agree with me that Chris Stapleton needs to do a cover of voodoo child. Maybe have Stevie ray vaughn play it, but Chris Stapletons Voice singing it....I can’t be the only one thinking this.

You are in my book the coolest guy ever on this site from now on. Now, I just need you to agree with me that Chris Stapleton needs to do a cover of voodoo child. Maybe have Stevie ray vaughn play it, but Chris Stapletons Voice singing it....I can’t be the only one thinking this.
Thanks! I'm not that familiar with Chris Stapleton's work, but I've heard he's good. I'm a Stevie Ray fan, I'll take your word about Chris and WILL check his music on YouTube and get back to you after I've listened to some of his stuff.

Did we just become best friends?
I don't know about that, but answers to philosophical questions often appear to me in music. All KINDS of music, so maybe we have THAT in common.
Ok before I get super disappointed and feel crazy. Just listen to Stevie ray vaughn play voodoo child, (I assume you know the Jimmie Hendrix version), then listen to Chris Stapleton Tennessee whiskey. Tell me it’s not a match made in heaven. Vaughn’s playing is comparable to Hendrix and is the only one who can do him justice, and Stapletons voice is just butter. But he can’t write songs for shit, which is why he’s a one hit wonder but that voice is going to waste...

Did we just become best friends?
I don't know about that, but answers to philosophical questions often appear to me in music. All KINDS of music, so maybe we have THAT in common.
Ok before I get super disappointed and feel crazy. Just listen to Stevie ray vaughn play voodoo child, (I assume you know the Jimmie Hendrix version), then listen to Chris Stapleton Tennessee whiskey. Tell me it’s not a match made in heaven. Vaughn’s playing is comparable to Hendrix and is the only one who can do him justice, and Stapletons voice is just butter. But he can’t write songs for shit, which is why he’s a one hit wonder but that voice is going to waste...
I listened to Chris' "Tennessee Whiskey". Fantastic song, and you're right, he has one heck of a voice. I can definitely hear him doing "Voodoo Child", Stevie Ray style. Thanks for the info about Chris, I look forward to listening to more music by him.

Higher than what?
I’m just saying...
Things look so bad everywhere
In this whole world, what is fair?
We walk blind and we try to see
Falling behind in what could be

I saw Winwood live in Portland early 90s

He was pretty spectacular - This album remains in my top 20 pop efforts of all time.

Higher than what?
I’m just saying...

He was pretty spectacular - This album remains in my top 20 pop efforts of all time.

I saw Winwood live, in 2008 or so, he OPENED for Tom Petty. They were both great, but I liked Winwood a bit more. He even did some bluesy stuff, which I loved.

Higher than what?
I’m just saying...

I saw Winwood live, in 2008 or so, he OPENED for Tom Petty. They were both great, but I liked Winwood a bit more. He even did some bluesy stuff, which I loved.

Oh man, you know how to hurt a guy. Petty was on my concert bucket list and didn't make it in time. Jelly! ;)

Higher than what?
I’m just saying...

Oh man, you know how to hurt a guy. Petty was on my concert bucket list and didn't make it in time. Jelly! ;)

I was lucky to see the Winwood/Petty concert. My dad's girlfriend had an extra ticket and invited me. This was in Phoenix, Arizona. I saw roughly 50-60 concerts when I lived there from 1977-2010. I miss those days.

Higher than what?
I’m just saying...

I was lucky to see the Winwood/Petty concert. My dad's girlfriend had an extra ticket and invited me. This was in Phoenix, Arizona. I saw roughly 50-60 concerts when I lived there from 1977-2010. I miss those days.

I looked up the date for this concert. It was August 20th, 2008, but was in Glendale, Arizona, which is right next to Phoenix.

Higher than what?
I’m just saying...

No complaints here either my friend. I've been lucky. Actually, I'm the only person I know still living other than my sister who saw the Beatles Live - Dodger Stadium 1966. I would have been 8 or 9 years old. Dad took us. Aside from the screaming it was pretty dang cool! :)

I’m just saying...

I looked up the date for this concert. It was August 20th, 2008, but was in Glendale, Arizona, which is right next to Phoenix.

Yeah I know Glendale. Daughter and I saw two of the three Fiesta Bowls that Boise State was in - University of Phoenix Stadium. Cool venue!

Forum List

Back