This is one Fcuked-up Sports Story

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012

While I'm sure my reaction is impacted by my gonads, but here we have two cases of women who voluntarily engaged in some kinky acts, then retroactively decided to change their minds.

While we do live in a cancel culture, MLB has not showered itself with glory in this matter. They have convicted him on the basis of uncorroborated allegations.

A hundred million dollar contract is a magnet for this sort of accusation. I hope neither of these [vulgar word for vaginas] gets a dime.

While I'm sure my reaction is impacted by my gonads, but here we have two cases of women who voluntarily engaged in some kinky acts, then retroactively decided to change their minds.

While we do live in a cancel culture, MLB has not showered itself with glory in this matter. They have convicted him on the basis of uncorroborated allegations.

A hundred million dollar contract is a magnet for this sort of accusation. I hope neither of these [vulgar word for vaginas] gets a dime.

According to the article there are 3 women who made accusations against him.

If the suspension holds, he won't be getting paid.

Unless you have access to the MLB investigation and/or the legal investigation, you don't actually know if the allegations are "uncorroborated."

If the accusations are BS, it's terrible and unjust for Bauer. I do wonder, though, why highly-paid professional athletes put themselves in situations where this sort of thing can happen. It's not Bauer's fault if he's been falsely accused, but the article makes it sound as if he has admitted to having some pretty extremely rough sex with women he doesn't really know. That sort of money certainly can attract scammers and thieves, meaning these sorts of athletes would do well to be cautious in their personal lives. The various leagues are all willing to suspend players if they bring too much negative publicity, perhaps regardless of the validity of accusations.

There is no question that Mr. Bauer engaged in behavior that was ill-advised, and he was not careful enough in vetting his partners, but it reads to me like these women voluntarily engaged in the acts in question, knowing that there was a bit of danger in the process. Then they saw a potential gravy train and decided to try to hop on board.

The last thing that MLB wants is to have scores of local dykes parading around with picket signs at MLB games, but there must be a better way than to fine this guy, in effect, a hundred million dollars.

It does not help Bauer that he is an incredible douche of a human being. He is also a Cy Young Award winner. Bauer's history before these incidents came to light only insured him one thing: He was not likely to get the benefit of the doubt. And he didn't.

Yeah this has a certain odor. Smells like a scam.
When one woman filed a restraining order, the judge would not give her one. Which is not common, usually a judge will give a temporary RO until an investigator can see if it is a viable complaint. The judge didn't even give her that.
Also the criminal charges she alleged were not just dismissed, but the prosecutor didn't find enough evidence to prosecute.

The others - all alleged cases never made it anywhere.

This is all about optics.

Yeah this has a certain odor. Smells like a scam.
When one woman filed a restraining order, the judge would not give her one. Which is not common, usually a judge will give a temporary RO until an investigator can see if it is a viable complaint. The judge didn't even give her that.
Also the criminal charges she alleged were not just dismissed, but the prosecutor didn't find enough evidence to prosecute.

The others - all alleged cases never made it anywhere.

This is all about optics.

I didn't see anything about a woman not getting a restraining order, which one was that? The article talks about one judge not allowing a temporary restraining order to continue. :dunno:

TRO's are issued immediately, without serious consideration. Once the facts are viewed, it is either dropped or continued. There were not enough verifiable facts, and plenty of counter-factors, so that the judge - a female, if I recall - dropped it.

Forum List

Back