This is what happend when a dumbass parent buys a GT Mustang for graduation

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
.......less than one week after receiving......
Kid admitted that she was showing off and raced the engine, but forgot it was in gear.
What kind of idiot parent buys a 17 year old kid a GT Mustang???:eusa_eh:

Attachments

• $0424130853.jpg
    $0424130853.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 71
Kid admitted that she was showing off and raced the engine, but forgot it was in gear.

What kind of idiot writes one accident across all 17 year olds?

When I was 17, nearly all 17 year olds had a car or access to one. Some were given to them, some they bought on their own. And a great many were muscle cars. Awesome muscle cars.

That's part of what makes America great.

You are the kind of person who banned Jarts.:evil:

Last edited:

When I was 17, nearly all 17 year olds had a car or access to one. Some were given to them, some they bought on their own. And a great many were muscle cars. Awesome muscle cars.

:eusa_hand:...the operative here is "GT Mustang"...I had a car when I was 15, a six popper. I probably wouldn't have made it over the curb with that car in this situation.
I would never buy a car like a GT Mustang for a kid who just got her license. Like buying a 12 gauge shotgun for a 10 year old and walk away.

I've always been of the mindset that one's first car should be in the POS range so when shit like this happens, it doesn't matter as much.

Wealthy parents is my guess. I have a convertible Mustang, but mine is the V6, not the GT, and I paid about $30k for it. I would never buy a car like that for a kid. When my son is old enough to drive he can work a job, save up the money, and buy a beater.

Last edited:

Wealthy parents is my guess. I have a convertible Mustang, but mine is the V6, not the GT, and I paid about $30k for it. I would never buy a car like that for a kid. When my son is old enough to drive he can work a job, save up the money, and buy a beater.

I had an 86' GT Mustang...man that car was fast. I also had a 70' GT Torino Convertable and a 66' Ford Fairlane and a 82 Firebird...none held a candle to the speed and power of that Mustang. I could bark the tires at 55 mph.

Here's the difference,I paid for my car and insurance. My parents gave me shit. Trust me working for what you own makes all the difference.

I've always been of the mindset that one's first car should be in the POS range so when shit like this happens, it doesn't matter as much.

Yup mine was a 74 Fiat AKA death trap. I pushed that car every where I went. But it was all mine and I paid for it and put the local mechanic's kid through college with the frequent repairs.

Yup mine was a 74 Fiat AKA death trap. I pushed that car every where I went. But it was all mine and I paid for it and put the local mechanic's kid through college with the frequent repairs.

Mine was a '66 Chrysler New Yorker. It was a steel tank, held a ton of people. Loved that car. I got rear-ended once by a little blue Chevy Vega. Not a scratch on my car, the guy who hit me wasn't so lucky. lol

Forum List

Back