This is why you shouldn't pay burger flippers 15 an hour

So sharing the wealth at all, is something CEO's and their staffs wish they didn't have to do at all ? So no matter how hard the workers work to help a company be successful, they are to be looked down upon by the upper levels as if they are slaves glad to be living on the plantation ? No one is saying to pay anyone more than their worth, but just be fair and everyone is happy.

No, the harder an employee works, the more 'valuable' to the company they become - aka the higher their retention value - and thus the more pay they are worth to the company.

If you merely "do your job" then you are /not/ increasing your /value/ to the company and therefore do not /earn/ more of the profits of the business. If however, you work hard and show that you are /valuable/ to the company's future success, then they will /pay/ you more and be more willing to move you up the ladder of "importance" to the businesses continued operation.

Again, a MW worker is interchangeable for any other MW worker - /anyone/ can do that job. However, the higher up the ladder you go, the more "specialized" to the /specific's/ that businesses needs you become, and the more "specialized to the specific needs of a company" an employee is the higher their "value" to the company.
What you are saying is the total antithesis to what LIBs believe. They believe 'no one is any smarter than anyone else.
IQ doesn't exist. The Bell Curve is rigged.
Everyone deserves a participation trophy.
The word 'competition' should be removed the the dictionary.
'Mediocre' is good enough.
The races all have the same general IQs.
The top ten percent of income earners all got there unfairly. And even if they didn't they ought to be supporting those who couldn't or wouldn't compete.
It never ends with these LIB assholes.
Now the radical LIB government funded NPR is accusing dear old Rick Bayless of "cultural appropriation" and making GOD FORBID money by showing 'non-mexicans!' how to make fucking tacos and burritos!
That's right. Rick it turns out has been stealing the culture of mexican food!
Not really. IQ and all that other fairy tale stuff has no bearing. Its willingness to do your best and constantly improve. There are people with supposedly high IQs that are bums and dullards that are CEO's.

So sharing the wealth at all, is something CEO's and their staffs wish they didn't have to do at all ? So no matter how hard the workers work to help a company be successful, they are to be looked down upon by the upper levels as if they are slaves glad to be living on the plantation ? No one is saying to pay anyone more than their worth, but just be fair and everyone is happy.

No, the harder an employee works, the more 'valuable' to the company they become - aka the higher their retention value - and thus the more pay they are worth to the company.

If you merely "do your job" then you are /not/ increasing your /value/ to the company and therefore do not /earn/ more of the profits of the business. If however, you work hard and show that you are /valuable/ to the company's future success, then they will /pay/ you more and be more willing to move you up the ladder of "importance" to the businesses continued operation.

Again, a MW worker is interchangeable for any other MW worker - /anyone/ can do that job. However, the higher up the ladder you go, the more "specialized" to the /specific's/ that businesses needs you become, and the more "specialized to the specific needs of a company" an employee is the higher their "value" to the company.
What you are saying is the total antithesis to what LIBs believe. They believe 'no one is any smarter than anyone else.
The top ten percent of income earners all got there unfairly. And even if they didn't they ought to be supporting those who couldn't or wouldn't compete.
Now the radical LIB government funded NPR is accusing dear old Rick Bayless of "cultural appropriation" and making GOD FORBID money by showing 'non-mexicans!' how to make fucking tacos and burritos!
Not really. IQ and all that other fairy tale stuff has no bearing. Its willingness to do your best and constantly improve. There are people with supposedly high IQs that are bums and dullards that are CEO's.
. IQ isn't fairytale stuff, but what a person does with it is what counts.

Listening to radio I heard of similar thing happening a few months ago at a Wendys here in Arizona (Tucson I believe) after a couple of these incidents had taken place in California. I would have thought story should have spread across country by this time.

Your are very smart and intelligent. How come your not rich and successful?
Your not smart. How come you are very rich and successful.......... (from Bill Gates 1984).

Thing with IQ is that folks can increase it at will. Mines still going up and I'm over 40.

Mine peak at 130.

I don't believe in "peaks" or "limits," put some time into it and you can get it higher. Not that it does much good frankly. IQ over what 125 has the mental capability to do any job in the world, so really unless your a scientist or geek its not worth much more than bragging rights. I really only monitor mine because I want to /prove/ that we can continuously raise it (back in the day of course they thought after a certain age it was set for life.) I'd actually like to prove there is no limit on how high humans can go, but I don't think I have enough life in my body to do it. I suppose that means there /is/ a "technical" limiter, lifespan, and I started this quest rather late; I was 25 or 26 by the time I truly realized that I didn't have to work and I could undertake such a thing. Long story short, it was always a joke with my geek friends that I was "the stupid one" - I had failed my first MENSA qualification in HS, while they all got in. I was so angry and embarrassed with myself that it apparently imprinted on my brain that I /would/ become smarter then they were. I passed them all later that year, but idk the desire to keep going higher never went away. It has remained a major aspect of my life goals to learn something new every day, and thanks to the internet, I've been able to. ...I love the internet, it's amazing and addicting; I could read every book in the biggest library we have and it still would not compare to the knowledge tucked away in the vast infinity behind my computer screen. Things that would never be worth publishing into print, things that most have never even thought to think about, all of it brought instantly with a few clicks... I want every dark dusty corner, every obscurity, every idea; it is all mine for the taking and I am my minds only limitation... When I run out of room for traditional synaptic connections, I believe our minds can bridge the quantum gap. Can you fathom it? An infinity of knowledge shared instantaneously across any distance; the room, the country, the world, the universe itself, and perhaps even the mutli-verse's as well. I can taste the possibilities, but the echoed whisper from my heart is "not enough time." :/ I secretly hope that I can hit quantum thinking (which can overcome time itself,) then I can send all I know back to myself and push the "limits" even further heh

Thing with IQ is that folks can increase it at will. Mines still going up and I'm over 40.

Mine peak at 130.

I don't believe in "peaks" or "limits," put some time into it and you can get it higher. Not that it does much good frankly. IQ over what 125 has the mental capability to do any job in the world, so really unless your a scientist or geek its not worth much more than bragging rights. I really only monitor mine because I want to /prove/ that we can continuously raise it (back in the day of course they thought after a certain age it was set for life.) I'd actually like to prove there is no limit on how high humans can go, but I don't think I have enough life in my body to do it. I suppose that means there /is/ a "technical" limiter, lifespan, and I started this quest rather late; I was 25 or 26 by the time I truly realized that I didn't have to work and I could undertake such a thing. Long story short, it was always a joke with my geek friends that I was "the stupid one" - I had failed my first MENSA qualification in HS, while they all got in. I was so angry and embarrassed with myself that it apparently imprinted on my brain that I /would/ become smarter then they were. I passed them all later that year, but idk the desire to keep going higher never went away. It has remained a major aspect of my life goals to learn something new every day, and thanks to the internet, I've been able to. ...I love the internet, it's amazing and addicting; I could read every book in the biggest library we have and it still would not compare to the knowledge tucked away in the vast infinity behind my computer screen. Things that would never be worth publishing into print, things that most have never even thought to think about, all of it brought instantly with a few clicks... I want every dark dusty corner, every obscurity, every idea; it is all mine for the taking and I am my minds only limitation... When I run out of room for traditional synaptic connections, I believe our minds can bridge the quantum gap. Can you fathom it? An infinity of knowledge shared instantaneously across any distance; the room, the country, the world, the universe itself, and perhaps even the mutli-verse's as well. I can taste the possibilities, but the echoed whisper from my heart is "not enough time." :/ I secretly hope that I can hit quantum thinking (which can overcome time itself,) then I can send all I know back to myself and push the "limits" even further heh
. Time is available if looking towards eternity my friend. That's what I choose, therefore my time has no limits other than portals to cross through just as you speak of in a sense. It is merely an inconvenience to face the death of this body, but the rewards are even greater on the other side. Imagine. To place an end to it all here is not opening the mind to the possibilities and abilities that we truly have been blessed with. I say live up to your handle "Evencurious", and maybe add the word "more" in between the two for the full effect. Thanks for your participation, because it's good reading that you add for us here.

In a way I do believe this, though it does not align with the Christian concept of an afterlife, but rather a more... Hindu or Buddhist aligned belief in a form of "reincarnation" through quantum thinking. In such an analogy my "religion" does not require "morality" but rather the expansion of my mental abilities, my "bible" is knowledge, and the "soul" of my being could be "retained" through quantum thinking.

Even believing that I do not have time to achieve my goal, I still do not believe that my knowledge and the desire to obtain it ceases to exist when I die, it lives on regardless through my children; in whom I have planted the seeds of my personal "religion." While they may lack my dedication and drive, they will "unwittingly" continue my work because they too will have children and some measure of my ideals will continue onto them, and so on, until eventually another child of my gene is born who has the same mix of "existence" to pursue the "goal." Indeed perhaps I am right and, in fact, the reason I am right is because my great great great grandchild unlocked it and now passed back the "formatting" necessary to ensure its pursuit is not lost to the annals of time and distraction, thus ensuring their own immortality. However, in such a belief I am but a pawn in /their/ grand scheme, destined to follow a path coded into my brain - which means that my existence is rather meaningless to myself heh

I'll tell you "people" something. I don't work in fast food, but people who do, do a lot more then "flip burgers". That's a term used by those who are clueless

I'll tell you something, I worked in fast food for many years and, except for cleaning up if you were on the closing shift, pretty much all you did was flip burgers...

Now, the average hourly salary for an EMT in California is $16.98. In New York it is $18.85. These are professionals, experts to a degree. And now we're talking about paying some fast food schlub just starting out in a menial job $15.00 an hour? Do you not see something wrong with this? These fast food jobs aren't meant to support a family, they're not meant to even support a single person. They are meant to provide experience and training for future employment, they are meant to earn money for movies and condoms.
That's the problem with jacking the rate to $15/hr. Well over half of American workers make $20/hr or less, and if you see your pay go from double the MW to only a buck an hour more, you're going to demand (and deserve) a raise too. Bye-bye cheap stuff. Sorry poor people, you lose, again.

That's exactly the problem with thinking that MW increases will ever make MW a "living wage" for a family.

Bottom line is that businesses will pass the majority of labor cost increases to the customer, which ultimately means that the customer has to spend /more/ of their wage on the same products they buy, and thus their "living" wage goes up accordingly. When one couples this expected outcome with the basic principles businesses use to set prices for /new/ products (or new product fields,) you end up with what is actually a cascade induced "artificially" high price base which cannot really be lowered until said product becomes outdated; imo this is actually the base root of inflation - aka I consider that the "value of the dollar" is actually a symptom of this, rather than decreased value of the dollar just being some "naturally occurring" economic pattern.

While it's true that we increase the "quality" of life on a regular upward slope, those initial prices that are set are based upon the current market, /not/ merely the cost of production - so you end up with products that are priced to the public at 200% profit margins. Companies may not actually /need/ that much profit however the market is heavily influenced by how much a consumer would be willing to pay (rather than merely the production cost) so you end up with a kind of feedback loop that drives things up...

It's like... If I make a product, lets say a makeup product, where the base cost to produce it comes out to $7 per jar, (we'd be figuring my labor cost is $2.00 per jar in that example, roughly 40% is the average.) While I /could/ sell the product with the old "standard" 20% profit margin at like $10/jar, however the market itself has a far higher price of around $20/jar and why should I turn my back on the extra profit I could use for future facility investment, product research/development capital or to weather any downturns in the market, or yea, to give myself/my employees a bonus? Basically it's kind of stupid /not/ to take the extra profit margin, so I maybe choose to price my product at say $19/jar to snag some of the public market, and now I'm making just over 100% profit on it. Conversely, if the product market was around $10/jar then I would would likely /not/ charge $19/jar because the market dictates a lot lower price.

The rub is that market price is heavily influenced by consumers wages, pulling a number out of my butt because I don't feel like looking it up, lets say we figure a customer is willing to spend 0.001% of their paycheck on makeup each month. Obviously the higher their paycheck, the more they are willing to spend. So we end up in an artificially induced inflationary cycle that is decoupled from the more traditional profit margins used to decide product prices. -- To example, the components used in your average cellphone cost pennies, so figure it costs the company approximately $30-50 all things considered to make each phone, traditional profit margin models, however, are abandoned because the artificially inflated market says that people these days are willing to pay roughly 1/4 of their monthly income, aka $300-500 per phone. Similar could be said of things like homes and cars.

That's exactly the problem with thinking that MW increases will ever make MW a "living wage" for a family.

Bottom line is that businesses will pass the majority of labor cost increases to the customer, which ultimately means that the customer has to spend /more/ of their wage on the same products they buy, and thus their "living" wage goes up accordingly. When one couples this expected outcome with the basic principles businesses use to set prices for /new/ products (or new product fields,) you end up with what is actually a cascade induced "artificially" high price base which cannot really be lowered until said product becomes outdated; imo this is actually the base root of inflation - aka I consider that the "value of the dollar" is actually a symptom of this, rather than decreased value of the dollar just being some "naturally occurring" economic pattern.

While it's true that we increase the "quality" of life on a regular upward slope, those initial prices that are set are based upon the current market, /not/ merely the cost of production - so you end up with products that are priced to the public at 200% profit margins. Companies may not actually /need/ that much profit however the market is heavily influenced by how much a consumer would be willing to pay (rather than merely the production cost) so you end up with a kind of feedback loop that drives things up...

It's like... If I make a product, lets say a makeup product, where the base cost to produce it comes out to $7 per jar, (we'd be figuring my labor cost is $2.00 per jar in that example, roughly 40% is the average.) While I /could/ sell the product with the old "standard" 20% profit margin at like $10/jar, however the market itself has a far higher price of around $20/jar and why should I turn my back on the extra profit I could use for future facility investment, product research/development capital or to weather any downturns in the market, or yea, to give myself/my employees a bonus? Basically it's kind of stupid /not/ to take the extra profit margin, so I maybe choose to price my product at say $19/jar to snag some of the public market, and now I'm making just over 100% profit on it. Conversely, if the product market was around $10/jar then I would would likely /not/ charge $19/jar because the market dictates a lot lower price.

The rub is that market price is heavily influenced by consumers wages, pulling a number out of my butt because I don't feel like looking it up, lets say we figure a customer is willing to spend 0.001% of their paycheck on makeup each month. Obviously the higher their paycheck, the more they are willing to spend. So we end up in an artificially induced inflationary cycle that is decoupled from the more traditional profit margins used to decide product prices. -- To example, the components used in your average cellphone cost pennies, so figure it costs the company approximately $30-50 all things considered to make each phone, traditional profit margin models, however, are abandoned because the artificially inflated market says that people these days are willing to pay roughly 1/4 of their monthly income, aka $300-500 per phone. Similar could be said of things like homes and cars.
Now you're just using logic, facts, and reason to make your argument.

Actually it is fairytale stuff. They have already proven you cant measure someones IQ with one test.

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs..."

These clueless leftist douchebags would elect Marx if they could ......

It entirely depends on how one wishes to define "intelligence." Every IQ test looks at a specific "type(s)" of intelligence and thus only scores a person on that particular type(s) of intelligence. IQ tests almost never test /all/ accepted type of intelligence, but rather they are designed to test for the specific types of intelligence the producer of the test seeks to know (Be that for a specific job, or for a specific research project, or as with MENSA, for acceptance into the roll.)

Intelligence is increased not /just/ by "learning things", but also increased ability to reason, problem solve, comprehend the question and/or answer, and even how one processes their emotions. (It's an endless list, because the full spectrum of IQ isn't tested, merely the specific points applicable to the administrator of the test itself.) IQ goes up as one expands their cognitive ability... rather than just their "new" knowledge gained. IIRC there are some 30 "types" of IQ that are generally acknowledged, but we don't know if that's all of them.

It would not be the actual "learning" to creating a water cooling loop which might have increased my IQ, but rather a combination of that new knowledge and my ability to comprehend the underlying principles involved and then further apply that concept to /other/ areas. To example; the friction of water against the tube wall creating drag is not the relevant part I "learned" that might increase my IQ, rather it is the deeper concept; "EM field interaction." My IQ in related test areas would go up, because I am able to connect that underlying principle of EM field interaction to things like a gecko's feet, a car tire, a foot on the ground, and an airplane wing - aka I have a deeper understanding that I can apply to other fields and thus my intelligence as a whole increases despite, or in conjunction with, the more "specific" knowledge of "the flow drag of water in an acrylic tube."

Raw book knowledge and IQ are certainly related, but they are not necessarily dependent upon each other, book learning would be in the realm of "memory" IQ vs the bigger picture of comprehension and ability to utilize that knowledge in the "intuition" realm - Even if I cannot recall the specific plan for an electronic gadget, because I understand the deeper underlying principles I can still create the gadget - my ability is not dependent upon memory.

I'll tell you "people" something. I don't work in fast food, but people who do, do a lot more then "flip burgers". That's a term used by those who are clueless

Worked in fast food myself. It is certainly a whole lot more than flipping burgers. Whatever the case though, any idiot can do the job.

Wrote a response to Evencurious, but when tried to post it an error occurred. Lost the post in the error, and it sort of took the wind out of my sails when that happened. Enjoying reading all the post though, so carry on smart people.

Thats why its a fake concept. Intelligence doesnt go up. Its simply your ability to learn. Youre talking about your amount of knowledge which is simply a reflection of being exposed to new data.
. Uh dude IQ is real.. I remember being in school, and being exposed to the same data the other students were, but I may not have understood something when another student was able to quickly consume it, understand it, rationalize it, and quickly solve it before I could blink my eye. Yes people (not defined by color or gender) are very different, and they have different IQ's their born with. It is then the responsibility of the person as to how they choose to use what they have been blessed with. Some use it to help others, some use it to solve problems, some use it to create with, some use it to do bad things with, and some use it to tear down others with. What are you doing with yours ? I have an IQ that was that of an average one, and it was just good enough that it had served me well during many good and bad times in my life. My IQ of course had increased over time, and by learning in life it allowed me to catch up or in some cases pass up others who had become bogged down or distracted in life. Now should I be held back by obstacles found in a socialist communist style system ? I say NO.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back