This new Amazon commercial regarding marriage is fucking disgusting

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Its giving a indirect message to women that you dont have to stay committed if you dont want to and can always leave

This bitch said............"if things dont work out you can always cancel" in regards to the Amazon Membership

Its giving a indirect message to women that you dont have to stay committed if you dont want to and can always leave

This bitch said............"if things dont work out you can always cancel" in regards to the Amazon Membership

I thought it was pretty disgusting too. If your marriage isn't perfect, just toss it out.

Good point. I missed that part--I thought it was just a double meaning where the friend was trying to prevent the bride from making the mistake in the first place (which is fair enough). Agree with you, I don't like the part "just cancel any time". Bad enough for adults. Divorce is often devastating on kids. :(

Good point. I missed that part--I thought it was just a double meaning where the friend was trying to prevent the bride from making the mistake in the first place (which is fair enough). Agree with you, I don't like the part "just cancel any time". Bad enough for adults. Divorce is often devastating on kids. :(
I thought it was pretty funny actually. What happened to a sense of humor with you boomers anyway? Most people don't "cancel" marriages anytime. It usually happens for a reason. And sometimes, marriage should have never happened in the first place if not for the social pressures placed upon from people such as yourself to always, "hold out no matter how bad it gets". You are correct, divorce is often devastating to children. But staying together and making an impression on your kids that you have to soldier on and stay put with someone who treats you like shit all of the time is also devastating..you just don't see the results..until they repeat the behavior years later.

I thought it was pretty funny actually. What happened to a sense of humor with you boomers anyway? Most people don't "cancel" marriages anytime. It usually happens for a reason. And sometimes, marriage should have never happened in the first place if not for the social pressures placed upon from people such as yourself to always, "hold out no matter how bad it gets". You are correct, divorce is often devastating to children. But staying together and making an impression on your kids that you have to soldier on and stay put with someone who treats you like shit all of the time is also devastating..you just don't see the results..until they repeat the behavior years later.

Uh I didn't say a boatload of this stuff and also, not a Boomer over here.

Uh I didn't say a boatload of this stuff and also, not a Boomer over here.
OK. Fair point. Sorry for putting words in your mouth. The whole "cancel anytime" marriage line just triggered me. I've known ONE marriage in my lifetime that I felt was canceled for no good reason. There were some who stayed in bad marriages (that should have been canceled) for far too long with terrible repercussions for the kids.

Sometimes, an Amazon commercial..is just a commercial. :)

I still think the intent was that the girl didn't have to go through with getting married.

Our society isn’t all that admirable.
I'm doing my best to bring the good stuff back, so I moved from the West Coast to a very small rural farming town in South Dakota, where it looks like we have some better people. I'm especially impressed with how the high school kids are in FFA and are always out in the community working when work is necessary. This town is clean and quiet and safe and the worst that ever happens is when someone gets gossipy.

I'm doing my best to bring the good stuff back, so I moved from the West Coast to a very small rural farming town in South Dakota, where it looks like we have some better people. I'm especially impressed with how the high school kids are in FFA and are always out in the community working when work is necessary. This town is clean and quiet and safe and the worst that ever happens is when someone gets gossipy.
I like small rural towns. Most are nice places to live.

I like small rural towns. Most are nice places to live.
As far as I can see, ZERO drugs here. The only graffiti is that which rolls past on train cars. The biggest youth problem is the family with four boys across the street who sometimes trespass and leave their bikes on my lawn. I expect they'll be interested in swiping fruit off my trees in the summer. I'll take it.

Enjoy your runing away and hiding.

As far as I can see, ZERO drugs here. The only graffiti is that which rolls past on train cars. The biggest youth problem is the family with four boys across the street who sometimes trespass and leave their bikes on my lawn. I expect they'll be interested in swiping fruit off my trees in the summer. I'll take it.
I grew up in a small town in Ohio. I lived in Tampa, Fl. for 37 years and was glad to leave. Lots of crime and drugs and the traffic was a challenge at times. Since I have retired I have lived in a couple small towns still in Florida. In both there still are drugs and crime but much less than in Tampa and a traffic jam is ten cars at a traffic light.

The biggest problem with small towns is you often have to drive a considerable distance to get to stores like Best Buy or even Walmart. Online shopping takes care of that problem.

Er... you don't have to stay committed if you don't want to. The US isn't a place where as soon as a woman marries she's a FUCKING SLAVE.

Oooooh. All the godbotherers are offended. Surely they could have slipped a bit of god into it to sanitise it for the jesus junkies.

Jesus won't be shopping there any more.

Forum List

Back