Thought For The Day by John Jaeger, MBA

Wisdom is defined as the ability to use your knowledge and experience to make good decisions and judgments. Did Bernie Madoff, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein, Phil Spector, and so many other rich, famous, and well-educated people apply their hearts unto wisdom? No. Instead, they demonstrated the truth of “What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul.” (Mark 8:36) - Science of the Bible, by John Phillip Jaeger, page 25-26

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I –
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

- Robert Frost

You would make a ship sail against the winds and currents by lighting a bon-fire under her deck...I have no time for such nonsense. - Napoleon (commenting on Fulton's Steamship.)

Biden's key debate moment July 27, 2024: “There’s a lot of young women being raped by their in-laws, by their spouses, brothers and sisters.”

C.S Lewis proved that natural laws do not cause actual natural events.
He gives an analogy of two balls on a billiard table, on a lurching liner. One hits another. They move according to the law of motion. However, the law of motion does not itself move the balls.
So what about the strong winds that caused the ship to lurch? These too, move according to the laws of nature but are not actually moved by those laws.
Atheists have not yet come close, to providing a coherent or even comprehensible ‘explanation’ for the world existing. – Nadeem Arif

Forum List

Back