I am dead serious about obtaining real healthcare in the U.S, please advise if you know.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
How desperate am I based on my symptoms and suffering with clear interference in the general well being of my health (mixed up MRIs, seeming disregarding of my symptoms even as I rarely use the healthcare system).

So, let's say I enter the U.S as a tourist. Always enjoyed my time there, was treated more respectfully by U.S border guards than the Canadian wannabe Stasi. Can I just walk into a clinic and say, "I'd like these tests done please, how much does it cost"?

I had one lady from Texas tell me I needed a referral from a Canadian doctor. Well, this is precisely the system I am trying to avoid, the system too many Americans support (even though clearly the U.S is well informed when they say, deny inviting Canada into AUKUS or call Ontario a backwards province, for example).

I just want a simple capitalist exchange of money for proper service. I can't continue to suffer and in fact, I have three focuses for selling my home: some retirement money, complete my MBA (hopefully) and get proper medical assistance.

How desperate am I based on my symptoms and suffering with clear interference in the general well being of my health (mixed up MRIs, seeming disregarding of my symptoms even as I rarely use the healthcare system).

So, let's say I enter the U.S as a tourist. Always enjoyed my time there, was treated more respectfully by U.S border guards than the Canadian wannabe Stasi. Can I just walk into a clinic and say, "I'd like these tests done please, how much does it cost"?

I had one lady from Texas tell me I needed a referral from a Canadian doctor. Well, this is precisely the system I am trying to avoid, the system too many Americans support (even though clearly the U.S is well informed when they say, deny inviting Canada into AUKUS or call Ontario a backwards province, for example).

I just want a simple capitalist exchange of money for proper service. I can't continue to suffer and in fact, I have three focuses for selling my home: some retirement money, complete my MBA (hopefully) and get proper medical assistance.
First take a flight to Mexico and then jump the fence into California.

I say this in Pun: Why don't you pretend you were an illegal, who jumped the Border wall, because Biden is giving them FREE everything and medical insurance.

All kidding aside, you might qualify for some assistance but you would have to research it.

I share your concerns and desires. Several years ago my wife's late mother was married to a Canadian and he preferred getting treated here than up in Canada. Of course once married he was able to get on Medicare IIRC.

Living within about 10 miles of the B.C. border, I'd have to admit seeing quite a few Canadian license plates at local clinics and hospitals. While some providers might work with your Canadian insurance system, be prepared to pay cash up front.

I'd suggest doing some more focused web-searching and phone calls to USA medical clinics to see who would be willing to take you as a patient and work with you.

Another option might be to contact some insurance agencies on this side of border and see if you could get health care insurance.

Sorry if not much help. Best I can do at the moment.

how much money do you have?

Got enough cash?
Yes? Cool
No?
Stay in Canada.
Actually, just stay in Canada.

Would you mind telling us your symptoms? This could be something I could research for you. :)
Constant pain behind and above my left eye. Numbness/paralysis on the left side of my neck and face when I talk for a long period of time (something that occurs often in my current job).

They have mixed up my MRI results, they have lost my blood (yes, they told me they lost my blood and I needed to come back to have it taken again).

In short, I don't trust this state of comrades and dirtbags who are more closely aligned with the old Soviet Union than the U.S. My faith and trust in them is depleted.

Give them a telephone call, most doctors offices in the USA don't like people just "walking in", they like the idea of making appointments. Depending on what you need done, there are a lot of other countries that like foreign patients and are reasonably priced in the field of medical tourism. Depending on what's the matter with you, going to Mexico, the Dominican, Turkey, etc., might be an option too.

I believe there are Canadian resources by Canadians that can help you; Google for them.
Canadians are zombies and it is a part-time pasttime for our apparatuses to suggest that you have it so much worse than we do. I'm not going to die at the alter of this B.S with a "well at least I died without having to spend money!".

I am a libertarian through and through in a nation that Himmler would have gained promotions if he were a police chief here.

Go on vacation here. Wait til real bad. Call Ambulance and go to hospital. When asked for papers just act like ...What..Who Huh.

They have to see you.

Give them a telephone call, most doctors offices in the USA don't like people just "walking in", they like the idea of making appointments. Depending on what you need done, there are a lot of other countries that like foreign patients and are reasonably priced in the field of medical tourism. Depending on what's the matter with you, going to Mexico, the Dominican, Turkey, etc., might be an option too.
Yeah I considered other nations. Someone even said Cuba had a great healthcare system but I can't get over my own biases about communism to roll the dice.

Go on vacation here. Wait til real bad. Call Ambulance and go to hospital. When asked for papers just act like ...What..Who Huh.

They have to see you.
Eagle always thinking outside of the box. Thanks for the tip lol. Not that I want to try that but it is good to know.

Forum List

Back