Time for a return of the Icebox?

smelting produces carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.
if someone tells you fossil fuels are in very short supply, punch them in the face and tell them they are liars.

I'm sorry ... I live in a capitalist country ... if solar panels saves money ... then we should use them ... for no other reason ... just saving money ...

Why are you telling Oklahoma ranchers to not put wind mills over their derricks? ... and run cattle between ... the measure is money ... use what's cheapest for you ...

Even better is to maintain your power grid so that long outages don't happen ... not every place is serviced by PG&E ... here in Greenest of the Greens Oregon, we cut down the trees that interfere with the overhead wires ... priorities you know ...

... but we'll see after the next earthquake ... any day now ...
Better yet never trust the fucking government to do what it's supposed to do

I'm sorry ... I live in a capitalist country ... if solar panels saves money ... then we should use them ... for no other reason ... just saving money ...

Why are you telling Oklahoma ranchers to not put wind mills over their derricks? ... and run cattle between ... the measure is money ... use what's cheapest for you ...
Please provide a link where I told anyone from Oklahoma to do anything.
You are blowing hot air out of your piss flaps and contributing to global warming.

Op says Icebox, well let me set him straight. Modern day, it is a cooler. Nothing more, nothing less.

Please provide a link where I told anyone from Oklahoma to do anything.
You are blowing hot air out of your piss flaps and contributing to global warming.

Op says Icebox, well let me set him straight. Modern day, it is a cooler. Nothing more, nothing less.

Off onto ad hominum attacks ... so you admit I'm right and have nothing else to insult except some imagined character flaw ...

But you're right, the everyday housewife in the 16th Century just popped into the Prius and picked up ice at the corner grocery ... whatever ... everybody lives like Jay Gatsby ... who wouldn't ...

Off onto ad hominum attacks ... so you admit I'm right and have nothing else to insult except some imagined character flaw ...

But you're right, the everyday housewife in the 16th Century just popped into the Prius and picked up ice at the corner grocery ... whatever ... everybody lives like Jay Gatsby ... who wouldn't ...
:itsok:

You know you are really freaking old if you have vague memories of a big guy with a leather cover on his shoulder bringing ice into the house. We called refrigerators ice boxes for the longest time. The problem is that there is no longer a venue for ice storage the same way as they had it way back so (you guessed it) they would need gigantic electric or diesel powered machines to make the stuff.

Iceboxes don't require electricity, and will be immune to the increasing number of power outages ordinary Americans can expect with the further implementation of the New Green Deal.

Time to go to estate sales to look for these soon-to-come-back essential appliances. Maybe your grandmother still has one. Of course libs in the political elite and celebrity classes will still have a frigidaire.

Future green America will feature a lot of teams of horses (which also don't require electricity) hauling and peddling ice. This could be a good career for America's green future.

Grab one of these washing machines while you're at it:

iu

And I've been looking for a "green" home as well. If you happen to see a place like this in your travels, please give me a heads up:

iu

Forum List

Back