Tomato Mystery and Dilemma!

Leprechauns are out of season, but they can be very sneaky and are known to carry knives sometimes. Have you noticed any rainbows lately? Do you have any Irish neighbors? Any caves nearby?

Thanks for repairing the title-spelling.
I was waiting to see if anyone noticed without
being the grammar police. (tomatoe)

True dat - Nobody wants to be Dan Quayle!
Funny how both Potato and Tomato DO add an E (tomatoes/ potatoes) on plural.
Our language is very strange.

What in the hell is THAT? Looks like a mutant radiation formed caterpillar from hell!!! :eek:
They're all over the south.
You must be a damn yankee.
Oh Good Lord!! I thought Palmeto bugs down south were radio active mutant roaches the first time my sister and I saw one! My older sister screamed, OH MY GOD, GET THE GUN! :lol::lol:

What in the hell is THAT? Looks like a mutant radiation formed caterpillar from hell!!! :eek:
They're all over the south.
You must be a damn yankee.
Oh Good Lord!! I thought Palmeto bugs down south were radio active mutant roaches the first time my sister and I saw one! My older sister screamed, OH MY GOD, GET THE GUN! :lol::lol:
Yep. Tomato Hornworms. They are about four inches long and about as big around as a man's index finger. They destroyed one of my pepper plants last year. I find them on the tomato plants fairly often but they are hard to spot. I cut one in half one time. They are full of green gunk. My ducks won't even eat them.

I cannot tell a lie...it was me.

In my defense, I saved ya half.

You know there's only two things that money can't buy, and that's true love and home grown tomatas.

We plant our tomatoes in planters, because of slugs and then put slug deterent powder around the planter base...And it has worked out well, compared to in ground tomatoes.
Another 'cheap' slug cure is to save those tuna(and/or cat food) flat cans and fill with cheap beer. Slugs drown but were happy going.

Those beefsteaks are guuud. Especially when they're all the way ripe. Slice em up and put em on some toast wit hmayo? Pfsheeit.
Cherokee Purple Heirloom beats any beefsteak hands down;

New Topics

Forum List

Back