Tornado Tossed Truck in Texas- Chevrolet Gives New Truck to 16 Year Old Driver

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Good move by the folks at Chevrolet. I’d even use it in a commercial.
Takes an F2 tornado and keeps on driving without a scratch on the driver!

Last edited:
A 16 year old driver?
The kids story is a little fishy---I suspect that he purposely drove into the tornado and didn't just miss his turn over and over again as he stated...Likely why the video camera was running btw..

The Truck did not look totaled to me btw.....it looked like several trucks that I have seen 16 year old boys allowed to drive look like shortly afterwords.

The kids story is a little fishy---I suspect that he purposely drove into the tornado and didn't just miss his turn over and over again as he stated...Likely why the video camera was running btw..
No, the footage is from a storm chaser. You can’t stage something like that.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I prefer to pay for my truck and not drive while a tornado is present.

No, the footage is from a storm chaser. You can’t stage something like that.
I am from texas----teens running into tornados for kicks isn't a new concept there....trust me plenty of us have done it. It's boring growing up on farms------Creek causing massive flooding, rattlesnakes gathering up--and Tornadoes touching down creates lots of excitement.

You can't go oh storm let me go here and find a tornado---but happenstance is a magical thing....and storms making the loud noises and blowing things around is entertaining when you are kid and don't consider the consequences. We had one small tornado land on our driveway (long driveway)----again I grew up on a small farm---it picked up a camper shell and decided to play pinball with the cars using the shell as the ball banging up against the cars. Oddly--as kids our inclination wasn't to run away from the storm---but run out into it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back