Tornado Warnings in the Midwest

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Looks like some pretty bad weather, Tornados, high winds, going through the midwest right now. Illinois, Indiana, headed toward us in Ohio, Kentucky.

Anyone in these areas, take cover if you get a warnig. Take care even if you don't get a warning. Tons of tornados, one confirmed death at the moment.

They're moving too fast for warnings is what I'm reading. In other words, by the time you notice the sky is green - it's too late.

We just have a wind advisory starting at 4. Strong storms tonight.

It looks like it will be here in about an hour. The tornados are in Southern Ohio so we will experience possible wind damage. Downed power lines/trees. I'm glad we're getting these weather reports overwith before the Good Wife and Amazing Race.

:)

I live near one of the effected areas. 11am and noon were not fun times here in Central Illinois today.

1 tornado went through Penkin & Peoria. The local network station based out of Peoria broke in the middle of scheduled programming to report on the weather situation and they actually had to sign off for 10 minutes to take shelter when the tornado went through. The studio grounds got nicked, but the surrounding area got pounded. They were sent a pic of the tornado. That thing was a monster. EF4 at least.

I live near one of the effected areas. 11am and noon were not fun times here in Central Illinois today.

1 tornado went through Penkin & Peoria. The local network station based out of Peoria broke in the middle of scheduled programming to report on the weather situation and they actually had to sign off for 10 minutes to take shelter when the tornado went through. The studio grounds got nicked, but the surrounding area got pounded. They were sent a pic of the tornado. That thing was a monster. EF4 at least.

Glad you're ok.

We are under a Tornado Watch here and it's been so windy, powerlines went down. We just got our power back on and the wind has stopped. Prayers for those who are in the area's of tornadoes.

The wind is blowing like a freaking hurricane now, pushing the front through. We have a wind advisory until 6pm. Suppose to be in the 30s tonight too. It was 74 degrees when the fun started and afterwards, it was 63 degrees.

Forum List

Back