America Needs to Provide More Weapon Systems To Ukraine!

"Allowed" is the wrong choice of words. Krustjev told Kennedy that he was not allowed to keep American missiles in Turkey unless he agreed to Sovjet missiles on Cuba. A deal was made but it was censured by the American media and public knowledge was obscured.
The missiles in Turkey were already slated to be removed because they were obsolete.

I am sick and tired of the United States getting involved in pointless wars overseas. The explosion and the sinking of the USS Maine was blamed on Spain. But the U.S. government blew it up. The Gulf of Tonkin incident, parts of it was made up to go to war in Vietnam. The Iraq War was based on lies of Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. Then the Afghanistan war. Useless. We installed a democracy only for the Taliban to regain control twenty years later. Now sending aid to Ukraine? Don't blame Russia if they decide to nuke us for supporting Ukraine with weapons and ammo. Putin has a trigger ready to send his nukes ready if we get further involved.

Why do you lie about something so easily disproven? The Maine blew up due to an explosion caused by coal dust.

Iraq claimed they had the weapons themselves. Should we not have believed Saddam?

Russia will never use nuclear weapons because they don't want to end all life on earth as we know it. They didn't in Korea, or Vietnam.

Why do you lie about something so easily disproven? The Maine blew up due to an explosion caused by coal dust.

Iraq claimed they had the weapons themselves. Should we not have believed Saddam?

Russia will never use nuclear weapons because they don't want to end all life on earth as we know it. They didn't in Korea, or Vietnam.
I must of gotten my facts wrong with the Maine. As for Iraq and Russia, I blame the media.

I agree with most of this. The part I disagree with isn't worth suabbling over.

You can burn my house down, drink my liquor from an old fruit jar, you can knock me down, step on my face, slander my name all over the place, but don't call me a Nazi for my love of the Jewish people.
Well don't act like a Nazi if you don't like being called one.

The missiles in Turkey were already slated to be removed because they were obsolete.

That is why in the Jupiter biological tests in 1958 and 1959, they only carried primates. In late 1959 there was a proposal to use them in a Mercury-Jupiter series of suborbital flights. But the Jupiter was by that time so obsolete that it never went off the drawing board and the tests were instead conducted with the Redstone rocket. And there were proposals to use it for satellites and other purposes, and those never got off the drawing board either.

That is something to think about. When even the US Government decides that it is better to just scrap a missile instead of using them in testing during the Cold War "Space Race", you know it was well past it's useful lifespan. When even NASA decided there was no point in using free surplus rockets because they were not worth the effort. And that was all years before the Cuban Missile Crisis.

The only part of that rocket that survived were the engines. When they were all scrapped, the first stage engines were repurposed into the Juno II for NASA. But all the other engines in that multi-stage rocket came from other missiles. Most notably, the MGM-29 Sergeant.

Forum List

Back