Toronto makes cut of top 20 cities vying to be Amazon's 2nd headquarters

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Remember what I told you all when there were 240 names in the hat. Toronto...

Trump had best do something strong with NAFTA or the undercovers from Canada will steal more jobs and revenue. I've faced off with these animals for a long time, I know the drill and the tactics of Canadian covert police. Sneaky, backstabbing rats.

Now in the final 10%, just 19 more to go before Toronto "wins" this HQ. You can be sure, they had been working on this file for a long time, and would have had knowledge of this eventuality long before it was publicly announced. I know of at least one operative working out of Seattle. I wonder if the FBI or CIA (since they are of foreign citizenship) might be interested in their name...

Toronto remains on list of cities for Amazon's headquarters | CBC News
It's the only Canadian city to still be in the running

Toronto has made the cut of the top 20 cities that e-commerce giant Amazon is considering for its second headquarters.

Toronto is the only Canadian city to make the short list after over 10 cities across the country made a pitch to become the second home of the world's biggest online merchandise seller.

Amazon received 238 applications from cities to become its second North American hub and said on Twitter that narrowing the list down to 20 was very tough.

The other cities on the list are:

• Boston
    • New York City
    • Newark, New Jersey
    • Chicago
    • Washington D.C.
    • Raleigh, North Carolina
    • Northern Virginia
    • Atlanta
    • Miami
    • Columbus, Ohio
    • Los Angeles
    • Dallas
    • Austin, Texas
    • Philadelphia
    • Pittsburgh
    • Indianapolis, Indiana
    • Denver
    • Nashville
    • Montgomery County, Maryland
What's next?
The next step in the selection process will be to take a "deeper dive" into the proposals by the remaining cities in the coming months and evaluate the feasibility of a future partnership, Amazon said.

The company expects to make a final decision on the location of the headquarters this year.

It plans to spend over $5 billion on the second campus and says it will be a "full equal" to its current headquarters in Seattle.

Laughing at Newark, NJ.
Even if they can get half their employees to work without being attacked, they have to worry about their transporting (stolen or broken into vehicles) and missing items in the boxes, due to thiefs within.
You think Amazon has a problem now delivering all the items as ordered, wait till you see the service in the land of violent thieves, where good employees are not so easy as the vast selection out of such a large population would make you believe.

Forum List

Back