Toy Hall of Fame

I had a 'rich' neighbor, he had one of these, a Johnny Lightning 500...man...every kid, I mean every kid wanted to play with him:lol:

DSC00525.JPG

the rest of us were stuck with hot wheels tracks.....:doubt:

I don't know about the rest of you but, I had a set of these....and yes, I lost my skate key, when I die god will tell me where I lost it...:lol:

polls_vintage_union_roller_skates_5114_503248_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Cap guns. With the paper roll of caps. Loved that smell. And again, none of this plastic gun shit they have nowadays with a fucking ORANGE TIP! Get the fuck away from me with that shit! Give me a METAL cap gun. A Colt six shooter. Or a wood and steel Winchester rifle. I'm gonna kill me a whole town of black hats before sundown.

They banned squirt guns and water pistol's at my boy's school end of the year party, and at my boy's day camp water fights this summer. The only thing they allow these days are buckets of water and water balloons.

I'm afraid the good 'ol fashioned squirt gun may not be long for this world any more. The super soaker may stick around in the stores, then again, the corporate elites might pull them from store shelves due to political pressure. I remember the brief period during my time growing up during the Regan era and during the first Bush Administration when finding decent toy guns in the store was pretty difficult. Just those chintzy cap guns.

It's the truth, this is a bit from that time period. They curtailed sales of toy guns, and people were outraged that sales of real guns continued unabated with out any background checks. (Well, except to make sure you had good credit. :lol:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ssYezFw_Qs]George Carlin - airsoft guns - YouTube[/ame]

You can't tell me there isn't a boy among us that didn't have a toy gun. But it isn't on this list. Nor can you bet, will it ever be. http://www.toyhalloffame.org/toys

Gee, I wonder why? :tinfoil:

I had a 'rich' neighbor, he had one of these, a Johnny Lightning 500...man...every kid, I mean every kid wanted to play with him:lol:

DSC00525.JPG

My brother had one of those. it worked for a couple months

DSC00525.JPG

My brother had one of those. it worked for a couple months

Every Saturday morning all the neighborhood boys would get together and race cars. Didn't matter if they were hotwheels or Johnny Lightning. Winner got to choose a car from someone else's collection.

What a blast that was

Then we discovered girls!

Damn.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, My Little Pony vie for toy hall of fame - CNN.com

Pick two:

1. Bubbles
2. Chess
3. Clue
4. Ninja Turtles
5. Nerf Ball
6. Fisher Price Little People
7. Pac Man
8. Little Green Army Men
9. My Little Pony
10. Rubber Duc
11. Scooter
12. Magic 8 Ball

I've never played with any of those things except 'Clue' and chess. What is Bubbles? When you blow bubbles through a hoop? I've done that too. I think the list is very limited. I would not identify any of these as really popular toys. I'd say Teddy Bears, Tonka Trucks, Barbie Dolls, and maybe GI Joes were the most popular toys.

Pick two:

1. Bubbles
2. Chess
3. Clue
4. Ninja Turtles
5. Nerf Ball
7. Pac Man
8. Little Green Army Men
9. My Little Pony
10. Rubber Duc
11. Scooter
12. Magic 8 Ball

I've never played with any of those things except 'Clue' and chess. What is Bubbles? When you blow bubbles through a hoop? I've done that too. I think the list is very limited. I would not identify any of these as really popular toys. I'd say Teddy Bears, Tonka Trucks, Barbie Dolls, and maybe GI Joes were the most popular toys.

You will notice that all of those are already in the hall of fame. . .

http://www.toyhalloffame.org/toys

I loved going over to my cousins and punching Bozo right in the nose...we were such violent kids.:D

bop_toys-512x383.jpg

Pick two:

1. Bubbles
2. Chess
3. Clue
4. Ninja Turtles
5. Nerf Ball
7. Pac Man
8. Little Green Army Men
9. My Little Pony
10. Rubber Duc
11. Scooter
12. Magic 8 Ball

You never blew bubbles when you were a kid?

What a deprived childhood

Pick two:

1. Bubbles
2. Chess
3. Clue
4. Ninja Turtles
5. Nerf Ball
7. Pac Man
8. Little Green Army Men
9. My Little Pony
10. Rubber Duc
11. Scooter
12. Magic 8 Ball

You never blew bubbles when you were a kid?

What a deprived childhood

i would have to agree that bubbles is high on the list

when i was a kid mom would cut out the center of plastic lid from a coffee can

get a bucket of soapy water and send us outside

big huge bubbles

passed that on to my kids

now today with the grandkids

we make glow in the dark bubbles

which is pretty fun as well

Pick two:

1. Bubbles
2. Chess
3. Clue
4. Ninja Turtles
5. Nerf Ball
7. Pac Man
8. Little Green Army Men
9. My Little Pony
10. Rubber Duc
11. Scooter
12. Magic 8 Ball

i have played with most of those listed

except number 12

Forum List

Back