Tragic wreck kills two children and critically injures Broadway actress

Witchit

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2014
An out-of-control driver blew through a red light Monday, fatally hitting two children at a Brooklyn street corner — dragging one kid’s stroller more than 350 feet.

Four-year-old Abigail Blumenstein and 1-year-old Joshua Lew were with their mothers, Lauren Lew and Ruthie Ann Blumenstein, at Ninth St. and Fifth Ave. in Park Slope when they were struck about 12:40 p.m.

Witnesses said Blumenstein, a Tony-winning theater actress whose stage name is Ruthie Ann Miles, was pregnant and critically hurt. Lew was also injured.

Brooklyn driver runs red light, kills two children

No drunk driver involved, just some middle-aged woman who apparently has done shit like this repeatedly - but this is the first time she's taken lives. I absolutely believe that her license should be permanently revoked, and she should do time.

Wow.

That gives a whole new meaning to the Broadway theatrical expression "Break a leg."

I see Abagail was ashamed of her heritage but not ashamed of driving like an asshole.

I see Abagail was ashamed of her heritage but not ashamed of driving like an asshole.

Abigail is a four year-old who was murdered by Dorothy Bruns. Ruthie Ann's maiden name was Miles, and therefore her stage name. She kept her stage name when she married Jonathan Blumenstein. Any other asshole comments to make?

Abigail is a four year-old who was murdered by Dorothy Bruns. Ruthie Ann's maiden name was Miles, and therefore her stage name. She kept her stage name when she married Jonathan Blumenstein. Any other asshole comments to make?
I have no sympathy for anyone who drives like an asshole on a consistent basis.

article-pedstruck1-0305.jpg

:(

This woman should have to work for 10 years in a morgue. Moving bodies from gurny to gurny.

DUDE. She was on foot. If you're not going to read the fucking article, don't be here posting shit. She and her friend and their two children were on foot when that psycho ran a red light, killed two kids, and put her in intensive care, and she's pregnant.

Jesus fuck for blind.

DUDE. She was on foot. If you're not going to read the fucking article, don't be here posting shit. She and her friend and their two children were on foot when that psycho ran a red light, killed two kids, and put her in intensive care, and she's pregnant.

Jesus fuck for blind.
You are correct.
The driver should get the death penalty.
I see accidents all the time and I won’t get into a car driven by an asshole.

The driver showed no emotion, and just sat there and texted. What a piece of shit.

art

I am shaking, I'm so angry. How could she!? A dead four year-old, dead one year-old, pregnant mother in critical (but stable) condition, and she's just there like "Hey, I don't know why I'm on a gurney, huh."

The driver showed no emotion, and just sat there and texted. What a piece of shit.

art

I am shaking, I'm so angry. How could she!? A dead four year-old, dead one year-old, pregnant mother in critical (but stable) condition, and she's just there like "Hey, I don't know why I'm on a gurney, huh."
Most idiot drivers are sociopaths.
Their cars are their castles.
I know people who laugh their asses off bragging about their latest collision.

The driver hasn't been charged; police are looking into her medical history and driving record. A law enforcement official said authorities tested the driver and she was not drunk at the time. The official was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

Witness Debbie LaSalle was crossing the same intersection when she saw the Volvo speed by, she told the Daily News.

"It was horrible to watch," LaSalle, 44, said. "I'm still in shock. The white car was going really fast. The pregnant mother was face-down and the baby flew into the street. She dragged the stroller and . the other baby was pinned under the car."

Tony-award winning actress injured; daughter killed in wreck

The more I read about it (STAHP ALREADY!) the sicker I get. This isn't going to be an easy incident for anybody to get past.

Plus from an article I read this morning, this corner is KNOWN to be a hazard. Like somebody said, three cars ran a red light with the cops standing right there after the accident! No clue what the answer is, if lights aren't enough of a deterrent. Maybe cameras, huge fines for the runners, and media getting the word out?

Dunno.

Maybe she was texting her insurance company or lawyer.
I hope they give the family a break and settle quickly instead of fighting the damages.

Wouldn't you think the driver will be charged with several felonies for vehicular manslaughter?

The driver hasn't been charged; police are looking into her medical history and driving record. A law enforcement official said authorities tested the driver and she was not drunk at the time. The official was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

Witness Debbie LaSalle was crossing the same intersection when she saw the Volvo speed by, she told the Daily News.

"It was horrible to watch," LaSalle, 44, said. "I'm still in shock. The white car was going really fast. The pregnant mother was face-down and the baby flew into the street. She dragged the stroller and . the other baby was pinned under the car."

Tony-award winning actress injured; daughter killed in wreck

The more I read about it (STAHP ALREADY!) the sicker I get. This isn't going to be an easy incident for anybody to get past.

Plus from an article I read this morning, this corner is KNOWN to be a hazard. Like somebody said, three cars ran a red light with the cops standing right there after the accident! No clue what the answer is, if lights aren't enough of a deterrent. Maybe cameras, huge fines for the runners, and media getting the word out?

Dunno.
Like Queens Blvd, the Blvd of death?

This pos has actually killed four or more people here, since the women here will never, EVER, be able to recover from such a shocking tragedy.

Forum List

Back