🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Troops in Taiwan

His Taiwan policy is the one bright spot in an otherwise dismal biden presidency

A U.S. special-operations unit and a contingent of Marines have been secretly operating in Taiwan to train military forces there, U.S. officials said, part of efforts to shore up the island’s defenses as concern regarding potential Chinese aggression mounts.

Works for me

A U.S. special-operations unit and a contingent of Marines have been secretly operating in Taiwan to train military forces there, U.S. officials said, part of efforts to shore up the island’s defenses as concern regarding potential Chinese aggression mounts.

Works for me

It's never worked anywhere else........I suppose you think for some odd reason it will this time?

The empire must do what all empires have done.

Clearly failing to learn from history, but the war profiteers are happy.

We shouldn't be there really for the sake of protecting against china. Taiwan is Chinese property technically, if they take it back it's their perogitive.

Easy come, easy go I guess. Biden wisely pulls our troops from Afghanistan and then fails to learn from that debacle.

WSJ News Exclusive | U.S. Troops Have Been Deployed in Taiwan for at Least a Year
This is not a blame Trump moment, but I think a smallish number have been deployed there for more than a year, and maybe longer.

Xi's moves to a more communist party authoritarian presence actually pre-dated Trump's Tariffs and trade war. Aside from typical communist leader megalomania, I'm not sure what Xi thought would be a benefit. Perhaps he doesn't want China's emerging class getting any notions of being able to make personal decisions.

Taiwan has a modern military with first rate equipment
Even without the US, they would put up quite a fight against a Chinese invasion force
The more the US helps train them to fight, the less they need US support on the ground

Even without the US, they would put up quite a fight against a Chinese invasion force
The more the US helps train them to fight, the less they need US support on the ground

That's what Ike said about Vietnam. All we accomplished was dead American's.

We "sell" them military equipment, and it comes with a "service contract." It's sort of like GM.

I wish they'd be more forthcoming with those semi-conductors though

Biden wisely pulls our troops from Afghanistan and then fails to learn from that debac

I don't think Biden is deciding anything beyond the kind of pudding he gets for dessert.
Apparently he still makes some decisions like pulling out troops before our people or equipment are out. Or ordering a drone strike that killed innocent children. Yeah, it's better if he sticks to desert decisions.

Forum List

Back