Trump Accepting the Biased Debate Rules Against Him Was Brilliant

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Joe’s handlers knew Joe can’t debate in his condition and so proposed very biased rules for the debate. They thought Donald ‘art of negotiating’ Trump would get into a back and forth that Joe’s handlers could then say Trump was not being fair, blah blah blah and not debate Trump.

But Trump accepted their first offer. No way out for Joe’s handlers. They were stuck in a minefield.

Joe’s handlers knew Joe can’t debate in his condition and so proposed very biased rules for the debate. They thought Donald ‘art of negotiating’ Trump would get into a back and forth that Joe’s handlers could then say Trump was not being fair, blah blah blah and not debate Trump. But Trump accepted their first offer. No way out for Joe’s handlers. They were stuck in a minefield.

Democrats never accept any offer unless it is basically everything their way. I gave Trump an A- on the debate because there were a few points I thought he could have made which he didn't as retorts to a few of Biden's lies about Covid, abortion and J6, but all in all, it was brilliant, I just wonder whether it was by Trump's design alone or does he have a new advisor who gets through to him?

Joe’s handlers knew Joe can’t debate in his condition and so proposed very biased rules for the debate. They thought Donald ‘art of negotiating’ Trump would get into a back and forth that Joe’s handlers could then say Trump was not being fair, blah blah blah and not debate Trump.

But Trump accepted their first offer. No way out for Joe’s handlers. They were stuck in a minefield.
I think they proposed the very biased rules and moderators thinking that Trump would back out of the debates so Joe wouldn't have to debate and then they would hold that against Trump. They got caught with their pants down when Trump jumped at the opportunity.

I think they proposed the very biased rules and moderators thinking that Trump would back out of the debates so Joe wouldn't have to debate and then they would hold that against Trump. They got caught with their pants down when Trump jumped at the opportunity.
Everyone including myself thought he was being stupid for agreeing. He was brilliant.

Everyone including myself thought he was being stupid for agreeing. He was brilliant.
Yup. There was no reason to debate in the primaries. He had a commanding, unquestionable lead. And, he didn't need soundbite attacks against him by the others being played during the presidential campaign. When it came to Biden, he knew he could blow Biden right out of the water, even with a biased setup and moderators.

Forum List

Back