Trump is confronting China head on, about time

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Let's face it, China has been getting away with far more than they should and the rest of the world doesn't speak out. Even if it's just twitter postings, at least he is setting the tone quite early:

Trump attacks China in Twitter outburst - BBC News

US President-elect Donald Trump has posted a series of tweets criticising China for its monetary policy and its operations in the South China Sea.

"Did China ask us if it was OK to devalue their currency" and "build a massive military complex?" he asked. "I don't think so!"

China said both sides should "stick to basic principles" of the relationship.

Last week Mr Trump risked a diplomatic rift with China by speaking directly with Taiwan's president.

Let's face it, China has been getting away with far more than they should and the rest of the world doesn't speak out. Even if it's just twitter postings, at least he is setting the tone quite early:

US President-elect Donald Trump has posted a series of tweets criticising China for its monetary policy and its operations in the South China Sea.

"Did China ask us if it was OK to devalue their currency" and "build a massive military complex?" he asked. "I don't think so!"

Last week Mr Trump risked a diplomatic rift with China by speaking directly with Taiwan's president.
I'm glad Trump is speaking out, but here's the deal, what good is it gonna do you? The only good its gonna do is raise cheap goods that White WalMart mf's love...good luck with the tough talk, it only works in the movies, you idiot!!

Question? Why isn't Trump going after Wall Street? They're the one's benefiting from cheap labor

Question? Why isn't Trump going after Wall Street? They're the one's benefiting from cheap labor
Maybe he will.

I'm glad Trump is speaking out, but here's the deal, what good is it gonna do you? The only good its gonna do is raise cheap goods that White WalMart mf's love...good luck with the tough talk, it only works in the movies, you idiot!!

Yeah I bought into that until I did my own research. You can make the same goods in Vietnam, Malaysia, Bangladesh, or any number of districts. You think the manufacturing going on in China is high skill, specialized manufacturing? No. That's done in Germany and other first world nations. China offers one thing, an abundance of cheap labour. In return they build their military, expand, threaten, undermine American interests, spy on American businesses and the government.

Bottom line. China needs America far more than America needs China. You can take that to the bank. China now has to accept that the days of kid gloves are over. The dictators who toss people into prison and close churches down on a whim now have someone who won't capitulate so easily.

This isn't about war or confrontation, this is about human rights and fair treatment. The Chinese look 1000 years ahead, they are probably surprised at how easily the U.S allowed them to become a super power. This started with their push for WTO status and hasn't stopped since.

Firstly, history repeating itself. Bush was doing the same thing until 9/11 came along. This is pure nationalism, it's trying to make another Cold War which increases military spending, increases fear, increases problems, but makes it easier for the right to get what they want.

Secondly, if the US thinks it can fight China, a country which is growing rapidly, (and the US is going backwards rapidly) then it has another thing coming. China will be spending the same on their military as the US does within a decade or two. So it will just be another stalemate like the Cold War, pointless politics, both sides using the other for nationalistic purposes and getting nowhere at all ever.

Firstly, history repeating itself. Bush was doing the same thing until 9/11 came along. This is pure nationalism, it's trying to make another Cold War which increases military spending, increases fear, increases problems, but makes it easier for the right to get what they want.

Secondly, if the US thinks it can fight China, a country which is growing rapidly, (and the US is going backwards rapidly) then it has another thing coming. China will be spending the same on their military as the US does within a decade or two. So it will just be another stalemate like the Cold War, pointless politics, both sides using the other for nationalistic purposes and getting nowhere at all ever.

Do you think China would be expanding as fast as it has without foreign investment? Their economy is already facing troubles and it's about to get much worse for them.

China is a communist state that has abused their citizens on a scale never seen in American history, even when you experienced civil war. When China fails, God smiles. If they had any level of courage and confidence the powers that be would have followed at least some similar path to democracy that others have.

Do you think China would be expanding as fast as it has without foreign investment? Their economy is already facing troubles and it's about to get much worse for them.

China is a communist state that has abused their citizens on a scale never seen in American history, even when you experienced civil war. When China fails, God smiles. If they had any level of courage and confidence the powers that be would have followed at least some similar path to democracy that others have.

Their economy is going to face trouble, why? Because their growth is slowing down. It's at 7%, the US hasn't had this since 1984, and the US had this once in the 1980s.

us-china-gdp-growth.jpg

What China is going through is going to be different to what capitalist countries go through because the CCP don't follow the same rules. They can manipulate the level of their currency, they can prevent wild gossip, they can prevent a lot of things happening. Sure, it could also get worse for them by doing so. We simply don't know, no country that wasn't a democracy has got so far economically ever.

China was a pretty poor and ruthless place, the CCP has added stability and economic growth. The people are seeing their lives improve, whereas the American people are seeing the opposite. Who do you think is happier?

The only thing we can learn from China is the practice of executing business execs who knowingly produce products that kill people. Imagine how many GM and Ford executives that would include.....men who knew their Pinto would explode if it was rear-ended or their Suburban with side-saddle gas tanks mounted outside the frame-rails would detonate if the vehicle got t-boned. They reasoned they could spend less paying off wrongful death suits than having a recall and fixing the problems. Those execs should have been tried and shot.....maybe someday.

I agree and while we are at it, why even get out of bed in the morning.

Nothing against Taiwan, but you guys were bragging like crazy that you don't want another cold war.

I agree and while we are at it, why even get out of bed in the morning.

Get out of bed because if you don't you don't eat and you don't drink and you die.

Yeah I bought into that until I did my own research. You can make the same goods in Vietnam, Malaysia, Bangladesh, or any number of districts. You think the manufacturing going on in China is high skill, specialized manufacturing? No. That's done in Germany and other first world nations. China offers one thing, an abundance of cheap labour. In return they build their military, expand, threaten, undermine American interests, spy on American businesses and the government.

Bottom line. China needs America far more than America needs China. You can take that to the bank. China now has to accept that the days of kid gloves are over. The dictators who toss people into prison and close churches down on a whim now have someone who won't capitulate so easily.

This isn't about war or confrontation, this is about human rights and fair treatment. The Chinese look 1000 years ahead, they are probably surprised at how easily the U.S allowed them to become a super power. This started with their push for WTO status and hasn't stopped since.

How or why the US ever accepted a business relationship where one side received a surplus of $40 BBN per month was going to be tolerable forever I cannot fathom.

Nothing against Taiwan, but you guys were bragging like crazy that you don't want another cold war.

The Cold War you speak of has been going on for years. In Canada for instance, China had been spying on and intercepting email communications of the highest level on Nortel, including the CEO. This had been going on for almost a decade, and this was some time ago now. You can be sure it's going on in America, there have been a number of arrests by the FBI in America of spies working for China in technology industries and military

China is aggressively spying on America, their corporations, they have been accused of shipping products to the U.S with software embedded in the hardware. It's a Cold War that few dared to name and everyone happily allowed to continue since profits were so high. It has to give pause to citizens, it's simply unacceptable.

Both Obama and Romney spoke of the problems in the last campaign. Obama has alluded to it, and his top security staff has spoken about the Chinese threat. Let's not kid ourselves, China is and will continue to push forward, America had better do the same or we in the West will lose not only our way of life, but fail to have the ability to uphold principles of liberty in many countries.

I repeat, this result was certainly pushed along quickly due to Bill Clinton pushing for them to be in the WTO. A communist nation with such a horrible reputation, and instead of pushing this nation to evolve and demand human rights they are given a carrot for doing nothing but offer cheap labour and ruin U.S industries.

Forum List

Back