Trump may drop Spicer, Bannon and Priebus: report

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It's based on unidentified sources, but regardless, it's worth reporting. If he did this, does it effect his presidency at all? I think it would make him look far weaker and willing to submit to the media demands than he has done currently, as he is seen as defiant and doing what he thinks is right rather than doing what those who didn't even support him doing the election wants.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/14/trump-may-drop-spicer-bannon-and-priebus-report/

President Trump is weighing a “huge reboot” in his White House staff after becoming disappointed with several aides, according to a report on Sunday.

The shake-up could include White House press secretary Sean Spicer, top strategist Steve Bannon and Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, Axios reported.

“He’s frustrated, and angry at everyone,” Axios quoted an unidentified confidant in the White House. “The advice he’s getting is to go big — that he has nothing to lose. The question now is how big and how bold. I’m not sure he knows the answer to that yet.”

Trump has complained about some Cabinet members touting their own accomplishments and or not praising him enough, the website reported, citing sources.

“He’s frustrated and angry at everyone,” one of the sources said.

Talk of overhauling the West Wing ratcheted up after the president last week fired FBI Director James Comey, who was overseeing the investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 election and whether Trump campaign officials colluded with Kremlin officials.

Axios reported that associated said the implicit message in a shake-up would be that he can handle the Oval Office better than his aides.

“I get it. I’m moving on. I get that I can do a better job,” the website quoted a top aide. “He’s never going to say he did a bad job.”

In an interview with Fox News Channel’s Jeanine Pirro, Trump played up that go-it-alone approach, floating the idea he should end the daily White House press briefings for reporters and take care of it himself.

“Unless I have them every two weeks and do it myself, we won’t have them. I think it’s a good idea,” he told Pirro on her show “Justice with Judge Jeanine” that aired Saturday.

Last edited:
It's based on unidentified sources, but regardless, it's worth reporting. If he did this, does it effect his presidency at all?

President Trump is weighing a “huge reboot” in his White House staff after becoming disappointed with several aides, according to a report on Sunday.

The shake-up could include White House press secretary Sean Spicer, top strategist Steve Bannon and Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, Axios reported.

“He’s frustrated, and angry at everyone,” Axios quoted an unidentified confidant in the White House. “The advice he’s getting is to go big — that he has nothing to lose. The question now is how big and how bold. I’m not sure he knows the answer to that yet.”

Trump has complained about some Cabinet members touting their own accomplishments and or not praising him enough, the website reported, citing sources.

Talk of overhauling the West Wing ratcheted up after the president last week fired FBI Director James Comey, who was overseeing the investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 election and whether Trump campaign officials colluded with Kremlin officials.

Axios reported that associated said the implicit message in a shake-up would be that he can handle the Oval Office better than his aides.

“I get it. I’m moving on. I get that I can do a better job,” the website quoted a top aide. “He’s never going to say he did a bad job.”

In an interview with Fox News Channel’s Jeanine Pirro, Trump played up that go-it-alone approach, floating the idea he should end the daily White House press briefings for reporters and take care of it himself.

“Unless I have them every two weeks and do it myself, we won’t have them. I think it’s a good idea,” he told Pirro on her show “Justice with Judge Jeanine” that aired Saturday.
99% of this is media hype. According to George Stephanopoulos' book, both the Clintons had daily temper tantrums, screaming at staffers and threatening to fire people they didn't consider loyal enough, but the media paid no attention to it, but if President Trump farts, the NYT warns of global warming.

It's based on unidentified sources, but regardless, it's worth reporting. If he did this, does it effect his presidency at all? I think it would make him look far weaker and willing to submit to the media demands than he has done currently, as he is seen as defiant and doing what he thinks is right rather than doing what those who didn't even support him doing the election wants.

Look here---------> It is a REPUBLICAN PROBLEM, not a Trump problem! Let me explain-------------> For years, the left has rolled over the Republicans using names like they use on this board in public. The left has lied, cheated, and cajoled its way into what power it has.

CONSIDER-------> Make YOU or ME President, and someone tells us one of the biggest talking points on the opposing side, is that they are SUGGESTING that their side constantly break the law; a significant law to boot.(illegal immigration/sanctuary cities) What would you/I say? We would probably laugh and proclaim it is their political funeral after our side gets done with them! When EVERY poll shows that almost 70% of your citizens agree with OUR position, how can you possibly lose?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That is LOGICAL thinking, BUT, you are dealing with stuff shirt Republicans. You have the left out there making it appear VISUALLY that most people agree with their position. Trump has got to be scratching his head wondering how this can be. His administration is constantly attacked for EVERYTHING, including phony made up stuff, and very little noise from the Republican politicians. Seriously, do WE ALL REALIZE that we defend the administrations position more vocally, than the weak kneed Republicans!

Finally in closing, let me explain something succinctly----------> Do you know why things are the way they are in regards to this? Because BOTH party's are scared to death of independents, and really do not wish them to vote...........let me rephrase that, are not willing to try and convince them to vote, because they can't insure which way they WILL vote!

The Repubs know more than likely, they can hold congress. The Dems know, they should have the Presidency. This is how it works! They are both afraid if they try and convince people who are independent, they will not be able to control their vote..........in other words......they may be igniting a firestorm against themselves!

Why do you think the Dems are so pissed! Trump got people to vote who hadn't voted in years, and that upset the balance of power, now didn't it. Oh, they won't tell you that, and neither will the Repubs, but they were quite happy with the status quo, because they could blame each other, now they can't! Why? Because Trump is NOT a true conservative, so sometimes, the left is going to LIKE what he is doing, and sometimes the right won't, ergo all of this phony nonsense.

I haven't looked closely on this board, but I have a question---------> where is the thread about the new trade deal between China and the USA, and why isn't it at the very top of the board? It not being there should explain everything, to anybody, on what ALL of Washington is trying to do to the Trump administration. Washington as a whole did this before when Reagan was elected. In fact, when he tried to eliminate a few of the departments, it was the Republicans who stopped him. It is happening again with Trump. Lets hope the citizens were as smart as they were back then as he attempts to move forward with the agenda we voted for.

Look here---------> It is a REPUBLICAN PROBLEM, not a Trump problem! Let me explain-------------> For years, the left has rolled over the Republicans using names like they use on this board in public. The left has lied, cheated, and cajoled its way into what power it has.

CONSIDER-------> Make YOU or ME President, and someone tells us one of the biggest talking points on the opposing side, is that they are SUGGESTING that their side constantly break the law; a significant law to boot.(illegal immigration/sanctuary cities) What would you/I say? We would probably laugh and proclaim it is their political funeral after our side gets done with them! When EVERY poll shows that almost 70% of your citizens agree with OUR position, how can you possibly lose?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That is LOGICAL thinking, BUT, you are dealing with stuff shirt Republicans. You have the left out there making it appear VISUALLY that most people agree with their position. Trump has got to be scratching his head wondering how this can be. His administration is constantly attacked for EVERYTHING, including phony made up stuff, and very little noise from the Republican politicians. Seriously, do WE ALL REALIZE that we defend the administrations position more vocally, than the weak kneed Republicans!

Finally in closing, let me explain something succinctly----------> Do you know why things are the way they are in regards to this? Because BOTH party's are scared to death of independents, and really do not wish them to vote...........let me rephrase that, are not willing to try and convince them to vote, because they can't insure which way they WILL vote!

The Repubs know more than likely, they can hold congress. The Dems know, they should have the Presidency. This is how it works! They are both afraid if they try and convince people who are independent, they will not be able to control their vote..........in other words......they may be igniting a firestorm against themselves!

Why do you think the Dems are so pissed! Trump got people to vote who hadn't voted in years, and that upset the balance of power, now didn't it. Oh, they won't tell you that, and neither will the Repubs, but they were quite happy with the status quo, because they could blame each other, now they can't! Why? Because Trump is NOT a true conservative, so sometimes, the left is going to LIKE what he is doing, and sometimes the right won't, ergo all of this phony nonsense.

I haven't looked closely on this board, but I have a question---------> where is the thread about the new trade deal between China and the USA, and why isn't it at the very top of the board? It not being there should explain everything, to anybody, on what ALL of Washington is trying to do to the Trump administration. Washington as a whole did this before when Reagan was elected. In fact, when he tried to eliminate a few of the departments, it was the Republicans who stopped him. It is happening again with Trump. Lets hope the citizens were as smart as they were back then as he attempts to move forward with the agenda we voted for.

Forum List

Back