Trump shouldn't have to pay taxes. He graces us with his twitters and speaches and rants. That should be enough.
. You mean like Hillary and Bill does with all their speeches and bull crap in which has netted them millions ??? Maybe they should check whether she and Bill has turned all that income in to the IRS over the years ??
According to a chart I saw this AM, the Clinton's paid 34.+ taxes last year. It was the highest percentage because, it is said, they have only earnings, no Cap Gains or other write-off items. The chart showed past and current president and presidential contenders McCain, Romney, Kerry. Kerry's was mostly Cap Gains so his taxes were low/Clinton's high. It also showed charitable giving and I can't remember that, but I think McCain topped that list.

Yes. Nobody is disputing that.

Did you ever have a year or number of years where you paid no federal income taxes?

Yes I did, especially when I was trading commodities. If you take some big losses, you write-off what you legally can that year, and carry the rest over to the following years.

Is that right? Well.....isn't that awesome! Those are capital losses....I believe you are limited in amount. Not the same thing as what Donald did.

These are tax loses, not operating losses. Ask your accountant about the difference since apparently you don't know. But you can't conclude that tax losses = operating losses

You are talking out of your ass. Trump claimed a Net Operating Loss. Go learn something.
Exactly my point. He claimed a tax loss, which you keep saying makes him a bad business man. You think a tax loss means he had an operating loss, you're talking out of your ass

He claimed a net operating loss.

Where did it say he was referring to GAAP and not taxes? You don't know the difference, do you?

Ooooh! GAAP! You are so cool! I never said he was referring to "Generally Accepted Accounting Principles". I said he claimed a net operating loss.....or.......NOL. You clown.

Read The fucking NYT article. It will explain what he claimed. He claimed a net operating loss.

Um ... what? You don't understand the discussion

Is that right? Well.....isn't that awesome! Those are capital losses....I believe you are limited in amount. Not the same thing as what Donald did.

So what did Donald do that I didn't do? He carried over losses according to the NYT who didn't pay taxes either in 2014. In fact they got a tax return on top of the profit they made that year.

Real Estate gets special corporate welfare. That is the difference between what many of you are arguing about.

It shouldn't, but it does.

That does not negate that Trump lost billions of his investors cash, filed for bankruptcy, and was rewarded for his incompetence/bad behavior.

So what did Donald do that I didn't do? He carried over losses according to the NYT who didn't pay taxes either in 2014. In fact they got a tax return on top of the profit they made that year.

Did the owner/owners of the NYT pay no taxes on their personal returns? Why is this so hard?

Donald didn't claim investment losses.....he claimed a net operating loss.

I'm now exhausted. Did any of you read the NYT piece?

Trump shouldn't have to pay taxes. He graces us with his twitters and speaches and rants. That should be enough.
. You mean like Hillary and Bill does with all their speeches and bull crap in which has netted them millions ??? Maybe they should check whether she and Bill has turned all that income in to the IRS over the years ??
According to a chart I saw this AM, the Clinton's paid 34.+ taxes last year. It was the highest percentage because, it is said, they have only earnings, no Cap Gains or other write-off items. The chart showed past and current president and presidential contenders McCain, Romney, Kerry. Kerry's was mostly Cap Gains so his taxes were low/Clinton's high. It also showed charitable giving and I can't remember that, but I think McCain topped that list.

Add the value of all the travel and free services paid for by Clinton Foundation (tax free) donations, and the taxes paid by the Clintons are an itsy bitsy teeny weeny fraction of the total.

Add the value of all the travel and free services paid for by Clinton Foundation (tax free) donations, and the taxes paid by the Clintons are an itsy bitsy teeny weeny fraction of the total.
Bo, these were personal tax returns @ 34+%, not Foundation or Initiative audits. I cannot dispute your claim about travel and free services paid from the Foundation because I don't know. Where do you get your data for this claim? I have seen that the Foundation has an 8% admin expense and 92% initiative funding (pie chart), but I don't recall my source. However if it is important to you, I will find it again. If you choose not to believe it, it would be a waste for both of us.

Did the owner/owners of the NYT pay no taxes on their personal returns? Why is this so hard?

Donald didn't claim investment losses.....he claimed a net operating loss.

I'm now exhausted. Did any of you read the NYT piece?

I read it, and it's pretty complicated. In fact I don't do my own taxes, I just add up all the expenses, sort them into categories, and then let my tax preparer do the rest. It takes me about 8 to 10 hours, but that's 10 hours I don't have to pay the preparer to do it for me. She has my taxes complete and ready to sign in about an hour or so.

I don't think the argument is if Donald pays income taxes on his personal income. I'm sure he does. But that's different than his business taxes whether it's an investment or operation loss. As far as I know, they are one of the same when it comes to write-offs.

The point is that Donald is not doing anything different than any other company owner out there. Look, most all of us look for ways to decrease our tax liability. I don't know anybody that said they didn't include this deduction or that deduction because they felt they weren't paying enough. And if we can be honest here, which one of us would pay any kind of tax if we didn't have to legally? I know I wouldn't.

Bo, these were personal tax returns @ 34+%, not Foundation or Initiative audits. I cannot dispute your claim about travel and free services paid from the Foundation because I don't know. Where do you get your data for this claim? I have seen that the Foundation has an 8% admin expense and 92% initiative funding (pie chart), but I don't recall my source. However if it is important to you, I will find it again. If you choose not to believe it, it would be a waste for both of us.

boe with an "e", s'il vous plait.

The Clinton Foundation used less than 7% of its funding on charities. The rest went to support the Clintons and their vast political and legal retinue. That's a lot of bank.

Beagle, your ignorance is like a perpetual motion machine that just keeps right on giving...

Hillary Clinton's 2015 tax return shows $10.6 million in income, 31% rate -- and puts pressure on Donald Trump

Well, yeah, her bribe income is different than business income.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Trump wrote off the $25,000 bribe that he sent to the guy in Florida, as a business expense....

Political contributions aren't deductible.

Unless you make them to the Clinton Slush Fund, of course.
that's not true....the Clintons have not used a dime of their Charity donations for Hillary's campaign or for personal use....

and it is not true that political donations are NOT deductible...

And this is what Lois Learner was trying to fight...

All of these huge political money pacs are claiming to be charities, and money donations to these PACS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE, as 501 C3;s...

these 501c3's don't have to declare who donated to them either, if memory serves...

As example Karl Rove set up his American Crossroads PAC as a 501c3, which is a charity and they need to spend the majority of their money donations on charity according to the law governing it, but a gazillion political PACS are not doing such and using all of their donations or near all, on political shenanigans....

Would you ever in a million years think Karl Rove's PAC is a charity and anything other than a political PAC....???

Lois Learner was trying to expose this by auditing these evident political groups.....but Republicans went after her to shut her down from exposing the corruption going on in these HUGE Super PACS....allowing these big donors like the Koch brothers, and maybe even Soros if the PAC he donates to is a 501c3 that does not do 50% or more in charity work....to write off their donations for political use, in their taxes as charities.

that's not true....the Clintons have not used a dime of their Charity donations for Hillary's campaign or for personal use....

If Clinton cronies are paid by the Foundation, instead of by the Clintons, that is a personal benefit.
If Clinton travel and entertainment is paid by the Foundation, instead of by the Clintons, that is a personal benefit.

As example Karl Rove set up his American Crossroads PAC as a 501c3,

Can you prove it?

Lois Learner was trying to expose this by auditing these evident political groups.....

LOL!

The Clinton Foundation used less than 7% of its funding on charities. The rest went to support the Clintons and their vast political and legal retinue. That's a lot of bank.
boe, source? 93% "admin"?

Search engines really are your friends, bub.

The Clinton family’s mega-charity took in more than $140 million in grants and pledges in 2013 but spent just $9 million on direct aid.

The group spent the bulk of its windfall on administration, travel, and salaries and bonuses, with the fattest payouts going to family friends.

On its 2013 tax forms, the most recent available, the foundation claimed it spent $30 million on payroll and employee benefits; $8.7 million in rent and office expenses; $9.2 million on “conferences, conventions and meetings”; $8 million on fundraising; and nearly $8.5 million on travel. None of the Clintons is on the payroll, but they do enjoy first-class flights paid for by the foundation.

In all, the group reported $84.6 million in “functional expenses” on its 2013 tax return and had more than $64 million left over — money the organization has said represents pledges rather than actual cash on hand.

Some of the tens of millions in administrative costs finance more than 2,000 employees, including aid workers and health professionals around the world.

But that’s still far below the 75 percent rate of spending that nonprofit experts say a good charity should spend on its mission....

Charity watchdog: Clinton Foundation a ‘slush fund’ | New York Post

The Clinton family’s mega-charity took in more than $140 million in grants and pledges in 2013 but spent just $9 million on direct aid.

The group spent the bulk of its windfall on administration, travel, and salaries and bonuses, with the fattest payouts going to family friends.

On its 2013 tax forms, the most recent available, the foundation claimed it spent $30 million on payroll and employee benefits; $8.7 million in rent and office expenses; $9.2 million on “conferences, conventions and meetings”; $8 million on fundraising; and nearly $8.5 million on travel. None of the Clintons is on the payroll, but they do enjoy first-class flights paid for by the foundation.

In all, the group reported $84.6 million in “functional expenses” on its 2013 tax return and had more than $64 million left over — money the organization has said represents pledges rather than actual cash on hand.

Some of the tens of millions in administrative costs finance more than 2,000 employees, including aid workers and health professionals around the world.

But that’s still far below the 75 percent rate of spending that nonprofit experts say a good charity should spend on its mission....

So the charity pays people to do charitable work and that's bad thing?

Goddam you are stupid.

So the charity pays people to do charitable work and that's bad thing?

Goddam you are stupid.

Goddam you're a gullible idiot. They aren't doing charitable work - they are political operatives. The Clinton Foundation model is to make small donations to the real charitable efforts of reputable organizations in order to create a veneer of "respectability" to conceal their corrupt pay to play scams.

Another Trumptard comes out of the closet. Big surprise.
I don't like Trump, and I'm voting for Hillary, my binary-thinking friend.

So you're wrong, again.

And it doesn't deflect from your aggressive ignorance, no matter how hard you try.

I'm guessing you're not even embarrassed.

Why are you pretending that these are corporate tax returns?
Why are you pretending that I'm pretending these are his corporate tax returns?

Oh yeah, you're you.

I am crossing threads. You compared Trumps losses to Amazon's losses in another thread. You know what you are doing. Lame. Believe me.
Yes, I'm dealing with the standard leg-humping that I get from hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends.

NY doesn't understand that businesses sometimes lose money. I wasn't focusing on Trump, I was talking about business.

But people like you choose not to see that obvious fact, which is why you're a waste of time.

Yes, Trump lost money. Trump lost LOTS of money. In LOTS of failed business ventures. Over many many many years. He lost money in everything from casinos to beefsteaks. He lost money in everything from airlines to hotels.

His argument for being President of the United States is at its core his claim of business acumen.

There is little if anything to support that claim.

Forum List

Back