Trump poised to violate Constitution his first day in office, George W. Bush’s ethics lawyer says

....Almost all Americans are taking advantage of these cheap labors provided by illegals.
Please both clarify and back up that statement. Sure, some Americans are getting rich off illegals since it amounts to indentured servitude. Thanks for admitting that Democrats support this form of modern slavery.

I think most Americans, especially the ones who voted for Trump, are against it since they feel their jobs have been either lost or cheapened by Democratic support of illegal immigration.

If you buy poultry, meat and agricultural products, clean your house, wash you in convalescence home. You support illegals. Maybe you can boycott these products see happen to your political beliefs.
If you deport these people................... you wake up in the morning in the convalescence home or home care ...................... you are full of shit. Who do you call? Kozhergirl? ColonelAngus?

What a ridiculous myth, perpetrated by globalist buffoons.

The world will not end and we will not all starve if we start deporting criminal illegals. Trust me.

You are not being honest. Sure we are not going to starve because we will depend on you that you will take over these jobs. Just imagine how much the price increases that would be?

Btw last year we deported 177k+ convicted criminals.

Any day now........ one of you will bring up the famous Alabama Ruling HB 56.

No, we didn't deport 177k+ convicted criminals, that's just a straight up lie.

The rest of your post doesn't make any sense. We already know you are irrelevant. But I put mentally ill jabberers on ignore. You're a waste of time.

Mexico is going to LOVE Donald Trump for returning so many hard working people back to their homeland. It's a beautiful thing. Mexico will flourish with the addition of that incredible work force.

It's disgusting that the USA has been stealing Mexican labor for decades. The racism has got to stop. We are using brown people as slaves and it's disgusting.

The liberal elites are worried about losing their housekeepers.

Your role model knows better than that. He is only deporting convicted illegals which we are already doing under obama. He is not doing any mass deportation.
Again try to be honest. Almost all Americans are taking advantage of these cheap labors provided by illegals.

Are you?

I said almost ALL Americans........ that includes you and me.

I asked a question about your statement, you answered, thanks.

Libs, keep telling yourself Obama did everything in his power to control illegal immigration.

You lost because of your bullshit policies and AWFUL candidate and you're well on your way to losing another one and making Trump a 2 termer.

The DEMS are going to have to change ALOT of things if they want to be relevant again.

Where do the DEMS have power?

POTUS? NOPE
House? Nope
Senate? Nope
Governorships? Nope
State Legislators? Nope
SCOTUS? Nope

What am I missing specifically? Where do the DEMS hold power?

Don't forget to breathe.

So what happened to my 2 questions?

Now, this is interesting.

In an exclusive exchange with ThinkProgress, Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who previously served as chief ethics counsel to President George W. Bush, says that Trump’s efforts to do business with these diplomats is at odds with a provision of the Constitution intended to prevent foreign states from effectively buying influence with federal officials.

The Constitution’s “Emoluments Clause,” provides that “no person holding any office of profit or trust under” the United States “shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.”

The diplomats’ efforts in seek Trump’s favor by staying in his hotel “looks like a gift,” Painter told ThinkProgress in an email, and thus is the very kind of favor the Constitution seeks to prevent.

To explain, the ordinary rule under the Emoluments Clause is that federal officials may do business with foreign governments so long as they do not receive special treatment. If the president owns a $200,000 Rolls Royce, Painter told ThinkProgress, they can sell that car to the Queen of England, so long as they only receive its fair market value. If Her Majesty The Queen pays $250,000 for the Rolls Royce, however, that would violate the Emoluments Clause.

Rest of article here:
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-poi...hs-ethics-lawyer-says-73e14789a935#.91zyk7w2i

Trump is in SERIOUS legal trouble.

u got a big imagination for a child

u got a big mouth for a turd.

can I take a giant shit on u ??

Do all of you Trump voting deplorables have a scat fetish? Gross.

you're the one with a basket full a cocksucking faggots

CsAVDDkWAAAbZv0.jpg:large

you guys got him this time

--LOL

Nope. I don't expect much to come from this particular crime, but along with the many unavoidable conflicts of interest he is assuring will happen, the list will soon be too long for the right to ignore.

It's not a crime dumb fuck.

Yes it is dumb fuck.
The constitutional ban on foreign cash payments to U.S. officials is known as the Emoluments Clause and originated from Article VI of the Articles of Confederation. The purpose of the clause was to prevent foreign governments from buying influence in the U.S. by paying off U.S. government officials. Here’s the text of the clause:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

you guys got him this time

--LOL

Nope. I don't expect much to come from this particular crime, but along with the many unavoidable conflicts of interest he is assuring will happen, the list will soon be too long for the right to ignore.

It's not a crime dumb fuck.

Yes it is dumb fuck.
The constitutional ban on foreign cash payments to U.S. officials is known as the Emoluments Clause and originated from Article VI of the Articles of Confederation. The purpose of the clause was to prevent foreign governments from buying influence in the U.S. by paying off U.S. government officials. Here’s the text of the clause:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

LMAO, market based payment for consumer services rendered is NOT A CRIME. There are no laws in place to make him divest himself of businesses he already owns. He's already said his children will be in charge of the day to day operations. You simple minded dumb asses are grasping for any fantasy you can. You lost, deal with it.

Trump supporters and conservatives will summarily dismiss almost any Trump transgression.

In just the same way Obama supporters and liberals did for the past 8 years. The same actions you agreed with when your guy was in office are suddenly wrong and unthinkable when they are done by the other guy.

Rest of article here:
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-poi...hs-ethics-lawyer-says-73e14789a935#.91zyk7w2i

u got a big imagination for a child

u got a big mouth for a turd.

can I take a giant shit on u ??

Do all of you Trump voting deplorables have a scat fetish? Gross.

you're the one with a basket full a cocksucking faggots

CsAVDDkWAAAbZv0.jpg:large
So Hillary was calling racists and bigots deplorable... who are you calling deplorable and why?

If you buy poultry, meat and agricultural products, clean your house, wash you in convalescence home. You support illegals. Maybe you can boycott these products see happen to your political beliefs.
If you deport these people................... you wake up in the morning in the convalescence home or home care ...................... you are full of shit. Who do you call? Kozhergirl? ColonelAngus?
By your analogy I also support drug addicts because, no doubt, drug addicts are working at minimum wage jobs and I pay taxes for Obamacare.

Sorry, dude, but I disagreed with your analysis. I fully support arresting anyone who employs, harbors or otherwise support illegal aliens. It's a lot easier than rounding 11 million illegals and tossing them out a revolving door. Secondly, I do support immigration reform including a path to legal residence for qualified illegals. Thirdly, the fact you support illegal immigration means you support indentured servitude, a milder form of slavery. Illegals don't have access to legal help that legals do due to their immigration status. Lastly, I support changing the birth citizenship clause of the 14th Amendment. If it was up to me, a people born here could become permanent legal residents if at least one of their parents was a legal resident of the US, but could not vote or run for office unless they passed a citizenship test.

FWIW, your insults cheapen your own argument. Your choice to express yourself all you like, but to take a valid point and figuratively wipe shit all over it just negates your own argument.

So Hillary was calling racists and bigots deplorable... who are you calling deplorable and why?
Partially correct and, according to 64% of American voters, unfair in categorizing half of Trump supporters as being prejudicial against women or minorities. Factor in that 60% of voters believe Hillary is untrustworthy and it seems her comments are not truthful.

Labeling someone "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. " doesn't make them that way. I'm against bring 60,000+ Syrian refugees (immigrants, in reality) to the US, but I fully support fixing why they are refugees and helping them until they can go home. Does that make me "racist"? "Islamophobic"?

I'm against Affirmative Action since, IMO, it is institutionalized racism. Does that make me "racist"?

Although I understand the plight of transgenders and bathrooms, I'm not comfortable with a transgender "woman" like Caitlyn Jenner using the little girls room at the school play or PTA meeting. Does that make me "homophobic"?

Clinton and Trump in virtual dead heat before first debate - The Washington Post
Q: Do you think it's fair or unfair to describe a large portion of Trump's supporters as prejudiced against women and minorities?
Fair 30%
Unfair 64%

Q: Do you think Hillary Clinton is honest and trustworthy, or not?
Yes 36%
No 60%

C’mon guys. Can’t we wait until the end of Mr. Trump’s first week before we start accusing him of violating the Constitution?

I swear to God…the last thing you should want is to sound just like the RWNJ’s on here jumping on The President for every syllable.

#smh.

Just to be clear - I have not said trump has violated the US Constitution. I have said he repeatedly said he wants to violate the US Constitution. Which is factually true.

Here are two of many examples.

Trump Says Freedom of the Press Must Go Because He's 'Not Like Other People'

Donald Trump vows to ruin protesters’ lives by pressing charges: ‘Their lives are gonna be ruined’

Just to be clear - I have not said trump has violated the US Constitution. I have said he repeatedly said he wants to violate the US Constitution. Which is factually true.

Here are two of many examples.

Trump Says Freedom of the Press Must Go Because He's 'Not Like Other People'

Donald Trump vows to ruin protesters’ lives by pressing charges: ‘Their lives are gonna be ruined’
Trump made a lot of comments which his intelligent supporters knew were hyperbole and his less intelligent supporters believed 100%.

Impeachment? Say. No. More!

ray%2Bliotta%2Bgoodfellas%2Blaughing.jpg

Leftist butthurt? Check!

Dear Zoom-boing
No, impeachment from the RIGHT

The authority to enforce the Constitution comes from people who follow it.
If the left is too busy bypassing it, they are in the same boat as Trump!

Dear Emily - Trump is going to get impeached the same way obama did. The left is going nuts and throwing out anything to see if it sticks. Yeah, how'd that work out?

The left are flapping their gums cause their butts are so hurt, they hope the air movement will ease the pain. :lol:

In an exclusive exchange with ThinkProgress, Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who previously served as chief ethics counsel to President George W. Bush, says that Trump’s efforts to do business with these diplomats is at odds with a provision of the Constitution intended to prevent foreign states from effectively buying influence with federal officials.

The Constitution’s “Emoluments Clause,” provides that “no person holding any office of profit or trust under” the United States “shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.”

The diplomats’ efforts in seek Trump’s favor by staying in his hotel “looks like a gift,” Painter told ThinkProgress in an email, and thus is the very kind of favor the Constitution seeks to prevent.

To explain, the ordinary rule under the Emoluments Clause is that federal officials may do business with foreign governments so long as they do not receive special treatment. If the president owns a $200,000 Rolls Royce, Painter told ThinkProgress, they can sell that car to the Queen of England, so long as they only receive its fair market value. If Her Majesty The Queen pays $250,000 for the Rolls Royce, however, that would violate the Emoluments Clause.

Rest of article here:

Leave it to a far left drone to use known far left drone rag site for their "facts"

Might as well have quoted the onion.

LMAO Oh come one. Given em a break.

They didn't get stupid, careless and incompetent elected so they have to dig up anything they can find that's against Trump.

Doesn't matter where they find it and how inaccurate it is, they will post it. They gotta try to overcome their disappointment.

Maybe they should all get a puppy???

Partially correct and, according to 64% of American voters, unfair in categorizing half of Trump supporters as being prejudicial against women or minorities. Factor in that 60% of voters believe Hillary is untrustworthy and it seems her comments are not truthful.

Labeling someone "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. " doesn't make them that way. I'm against bring 60,000+ Syrian refugees (immigrants, in reality) to the US, but I fully support fixing why they are refugees and helping them until they can go home. Does that make me "racist"? "Islamophobic"?

I'm against Affirmative Action since, IMO, it is institutionalized racism. Does that make me "racist"?

Although I understand the plight of transgenders and bathrooms, I'm not comfortable with a transgender "woman" like Caitlyn Jenner using the little girls room at the school play or PTA meeting. Does that make me "homophobic"?

Clinton and Trump in virtual dead heat before first debate - The Washington Post
Q: Do you think it's fair or unfair to describe a large portion of Trump's supporters as prejudiced against women and minorities?
Fair 30%
Unfair 64%

Yes 36%
No 60%
I was disappointed with both candidates but I was extremely disappointed by the classless and dishonest campaigns that both sides ran. To address your questions....

I believe Clinton was speaking to people that truly hate or feel superior to minorities, women, LGBT, and immigrants. There is no denying that people like this still exist in America, many were attracted to Trumps campaign, and these people truly are deplorable. Saying it was half his supporters was a mistake which she apologized for the next day.

Per your examples, I don't think any of them makes you a bigot.... you have every right to those views and though I do not agree with you I respect your right to hold those views and would hope that we could have an intelligent debate about why we feel the way we do. I see the root to your arguments being a focus on safety and protecting yourself and your community, this is a fair argument.. you did not reflect hate or targeted discrimination towards these groups... some people do have hate and want to excluded these groups because of this hate, these people are the deplorables.

Fair 30%
Unfair 64%

Yes 36%
No 60%
I was disappointed with both candidates but I was extremely disappointed by the classless and dishonest campaigns that both sides ran. To address your questions....

I believe Clinton was speaking to people that truly hate or feel superior to minorities, women, LGBT, and immigrants. There is no denying that people like this still exist in America, many were attracted to Trumps campaign, and these people truly are deplorable. Saying it was half his supporters was a mistake which she apologized for the next day.

Per your examples, I don't think any of them makes you a bigot.... you have every right to those views and though I do not agree with you I respect your right to hold those views and would hope that we could have an intelligent debate about why we feel the way we do. I see the root to your arguments being a focus on safety and protecting yourself and your community, this is a fair argument.. you did not reflect hate or targeted discrimination towards these groups... some people do have hate and want to excluded these groups because of this hate, these people are the deplorables.
dude really? You believe that shit. wow. Why are you ok with grown men in a bathroom with little girls. See I don't get that. I respect the rights of the child more than I respect the right of someone who wishes to dress up in the other genders clothes.

Illegal is illegal. What is it you believe is meant by illegal?

vetting, the FBI stated vetting was necessary to Obummer. What's wrong with taking direction from those we put in position to tell us that? I don't see at all where there is hate except from the left. Please post up anything you feel is accurate and factual other than hearsay and bullshit.

Fair 30%
Unfair 64%

Yes 36%
No 60%

dude really? You believe that shit. wow. Why are you ok with grown men in a bathroom with little girls. See I don't get that. I respect the rights of the child more than I respect the right of someone who wishes to dress up in the other genders clothes.

Illegal is illegal. What is it you believe is meant by illegal?

vetting, the FBI stated vetting was necessary to Obummer. What's wrong with taking direction from those we put in position to tell us that? I don't see at all where there is hate except from the left. Please post up anything you feel is accurate and factual other than hearsay and bullshit.
It's not heresay at all, this board is a great example, I've had many conversations with proud blatant racists, sexists, and bigots. That's not me calling them names, they own it with pride. They express all the old school supremists views and truly want a white male dominated society again... its very sad. And trust me, none of them were Hillary supporters. Then you see the KKK, the alt-right, and other extreme nationalist groups, all promoting and rallying for Trump, so I don't see how you can deny that this exists. You either don't think these view points are deplorable or you are ignoring/excusing their existance... either way it doesn't make you look good.

The trans situation is a longer discussion and is not as simple as allowing men into the bathroom with little girls. Of course i don't support that. But there is a situation going on where it's the transgenders that are struggling so I'm open to hearing the arguments with an open mind and finding the best solution. As of now I don't see bathroom regulation being a necessary thing for our government to get involved with.

I don't know what you are talking about with the "illegal" question

Rest of article here:

Sure he is snowflake, sure he is.......

:rofl:
You guys need to learn how to use that word/term that your masters from the right wing faux media told you to use....!!!

it's not SNOWFLAKE, the term is SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE...look it up, urban dictionary....

We are agreed about "classless and dishonest campaigns", although I think you are soft-pedalling Hillary's "deplorable" remarks. Like Trump, she was slinging shit to get a reaction. In her case it was a lot of backlash causing her to profess apologizing, although I doubt her sincerity. For that matter I doubt the sincerity of most politicians who apologize only in the face of public recrimination and not before.

You are obviously correct that there are true haters out there, but it's become very common over the past several years to label anyone who disagrees with Liberal causes as "racists", "bigots", etc. thereby artificially inflating the numbers of true assholes to label all of those right of center. Heck, some here label anyone right of far left as being "cons", "racists", et.

Human beings need to eat and use the bathroom. Regardless of orientation, letting a grown man using the little girls room isn't an optimal solution. Obviously making them use the little boys room isn't either. Another solution must be found.

Forum List

Back