Trump poised to violate Constitution his first day in office, George W. Bush’s ethics lawyer says

When Obama decided to NOT enforce federal immigration laws, was he violating the Constiution?

Obama enforced the federal immigration laws until his second term, when he started working on passing a new immigration law. In fact, he was very aggressively deporting illegals, and had the highest rate of deportation of any President since Carter.

Is it really necessary to use the word aliens,

Yes, I believe using the proper term is necessary.

are you trying to make a point of being demeaning and offensive?

Why would using the proper term be either?
Alien is an old out dated term that dehumanizes real people so many substitute with immigrant. I find most people that still use it are either old school and unaware or intentionally trying to make a point of being offensive. Given your use of bold and underline for the statement I think it's fair to assume you are the later
Your days of dictating what *words* people are allowed to use are over.

So it's good that the feds never actually stopped using the term "alien" in their legal documentation. Alien was always the proper word, and it remains the proper word. No matter how many negative connotations your bias compels you to attach to it.
I'm not dictating what you can or can't say. In America we can say whatever we want. You can call them illegal aliens if you want and I can call you a brainless, offensive, prick if I want. Both statements are factual and offensive
No, only one is factual.
And the term *alien* is only offiensive to bigots like you because YOU attach negative connotations to it. We don't have to respect your bias. Sorry.
Haha, yeah right. Next time you take a trip to Paris and somebody calls you an American Alien prior to spitting in your creme brûlée make sure you smile and say thank you

Lololol...

I could give two shits about douchebag muzzie waiters in france. I've never had a desire to travel to the douchebag capital of Europe.

Alien is an old out dated term that dehumanizes real people so many substitute with immigrant. I find most people that still use it are either old school and unaware or intentionally trying to make a point of being offensive. Given your use of bold and underline for the statement I think it's fair to assume you are the later

Alien is an old out dated term that dehumanizes real people

Alien is the correct term for a non-citizen. Illegal means they didn't come here legally.

I find most people that still use it are either old school and unaware or intentionally trying to make a point of being offensive.

Take a Midol and come back when you're not so emotional.
Keep telling yourself that tough guy while the rest of us evolve for the better.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...s-alien-20160403-story,amp.html?client=safari

Awww.....you delicate snow flake. I hope you can recover from the trauma I've caused you.
You're just on a roll today aren't ya? Does it make you feel tough and strong when you try and put people down? Make you feel like your little ding dong is bigger than 2 inches? Keep it up, you're making yourself look real cool. you aren't fooling anybody

Does it make you feel tough and strong when you try and put people down?

Oh...no...did I micro-aggress you again?
Did my use of the term snow flake remind you of white men emitting CO2 and destroying Mother Gaia?

Alien - Any person not a citizen or national of the United States.

Definition of Terms | Homeland Security

When Obama decided to NOT enforce federal immigration laws, was he violating the Constiution?

Obama enforced the federal immigration laws until his second term, when he started working on passing a new immigration law. In fact, he was very aggressively deporting illegals, and had the highest rate of deportation of any President since Carter.
Ah the rewrite of history.

Your puny attempts to change the world via telling huge lies about, well, everything will soon be nothing but a nauseating memory, thank God.

Your days of dictating what *words* people are allowed to use are over.

So it's good that the feds never actually stopped using the term "alien" in their legal documentation. Alien was always the proper word, and it remains the proper word. No matter how many negative connotations your bias compels you to attach to it.
I'm not dictating what you can or can't say. In America we can say whatever we want. You can call them illegal aliens if you want and I can call you a brainless, offensive, prick if I want. Both statements are factual and offensive
No, only one is factual.
And the term *alien* is only offiensive to bigots like you because YOU attach negative connotations to it. We don't have to respect your bias. Sorry.
Haha, yeah right. Next time you take a trip to Paris and somebody calls you an American Alien prior to spitting in your creme brûlée make sure you smile and say thank you

Lololol...

I could give two shits about douchebag muzzie waiters in france. I've never had a desire to travel to the douchebag capital of Europe.
I guess that one went right over your head. :confused-84:

Alien is the correct term for a non-citizen. Illegal means they didn't come here legally.

I find most people that still use it are either old school and unaware or intentionally trying to make a point of being offensive.

Keep telling yourself that tough guy while the rest of us evolve for the better.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...s-alien-20160403-story,amp.html?client=safari

Awww.....you delicate snow flake. I hope you can recover from the trauma I've caused you.
You're just on a roll today aren't ya? Does it make you feel tough and strong when you try and put people down? Make you feel like your little ding dong is bigger than 2 inches? Keep it up, you're making yourself look real cool. you aren't fooling anybody

Did my use of the term snow flake remind you of white men emitting CO2 and destroying Mother Gaia?

And you wonder why your side gets labeled as bigots. Is it really that hard to change a word to be less offensive? The fact that the library of congress decided to stop using the offensive terms and the GOP revolted in the way it did, simply shows their stubborn bias... and there is absolutely NO reason for it.

House orders Library of Congress to maintain ‘illegal alien’

And it's happening before he takes office, accepting payments from foreign officials, something specifically prohibited in the Constitution. Foreign diplomats are lining up to spend big bucks to stay at Trump hotels and get their names on the register.

For foreign diplomats, Trump hotel is place to be

Now, one can say Trump didn't know about this, so what's already happened isn't his fault. Fair enough.

However, he knows about it _now_. If he doesn't take immediate steps to stop it, he's deliberately taking the money of foreign agents. Again, that's something specifically prohibited by the Constitution.

So, can we get the conservatives to agree it's an impeachable offense if it's not stopped? That is, is there any level of crime they won't excuse on behalf of DearLeader?

After all, if it had happened under a Democrat, every conservative and media pundit would be crying for instant impeachment and prosecution. I hope no conservative embarrasses themselves by trying to deny that. I mean, look at the Clinton Foundation. There was no pay there, but foreign diplomats asked for play, and were refused, yet conservatives said that was criminal, somehow.

In this case, there's actual pay, and the play is still unknown. It's a far, far more egregious offense.

And you wonder why your side gets labeled as bigots. Is it really that hard to change a word to be less offensive? The fact that the library of congress decided to stop using the offensive terms and the GOP revolted in the way it did, simply shows their stubborn bias... and there is absolutely NO reason for it.

You'd better help those illegal aliens go back home, before I hurt their feelings with my words.

You'd better help those illegal aliens go back home, before I hurt their feelings with my words.
Not the brightest bulb in the bunch here... still living in the ol glory dayz when you ruled the elementary school playground are ya?

What federal law he didn't enforce? What constitution he violated? Explicarse.

Federal laws that do not allow permanent residents of the USA to be non citizens.

"What constitution he violated?"

For real, you are not getting enough oxygen to your brain.

Now, this is interesting.

In an exclusive exchange with ThinkProgress, Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who previously served as chief ethics counsel to President George W. Bush, says that Trump’s efforts to do business with these diplomats is at odds with a provision of the Constitution intended to prevent foreign states from effectively buying influence with federal officials.

The Constitution’s “Emoluments Clause,” provides that “no person holding any office of profit or trust under” the United States “shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.”

The diplomats’ efforts in seek Trump’s favor by staying in his hotel “looks like a gift,” Painter told ThinkProgress in an email, and thus is the very kind of favor the Constitution seeks to prevent.

To explain, the ordinary rule under the Emoluments Clause is that federal officials may do business with foreign governments so long as they do not receive special treatment. If the president owns a $200,000 Rolls Royce, Painter told ThinkProgress, they can sell that car to the Queen of England, so long as they only receive its fair market value. If Her Majesty The Queen pays $250,000 for the Rolls Royce, however, that would violate the Emoluments Clause.

Rest of article here:
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-poi...hs-ethics-lawyer-says-73e14789a935#.91zyk7w2i

Trump is in SERIOUS legal trouble.

Yabut, he has done similar crimes before - going to foreign countries for money for his campaign. Its very likely he got money from Pooting. In fact, he was pretty open about that as well as his thank you calls on his unsecured cell phone.

He has also been very open in his desire to end the US Constitution - in fact, that's why the trumpkins voted for him.

There's no doubt that trump is a criminal and always has been but maybe by now, someone has read Article 5 to him. If so, he'll stick to his Twitter whining cuz he just doesn't have the balls or the brains for actual governing. Just more of his hot air threats.

Why would calls have to be on a secure line? You are simply a dumb ass making shit up as you go along.

If you rely on the ultra left blog "Think Progress" to do your thinking you are liable to end up pushing a shopping cart down the street and talking to yourself or curled up on the couch like Hillary.

I've seen lots of ad hominem and attacks on the source, but not one of you fruitcakes have actually DISCUSSED the article.

This is very typical of RWNJ's.

The word itself isn't offensive. What is offensive are the connotations racist retards like you associate with it.

POP QUIZ! How many illegal immigrants has Obama deported?

How many illegal ALIENS has Obama deported?

Using the old definition, or using Obama's new definition?
Is it really necessary to use the word aliens, or are you trying to make a point of being demeaning and offensive?

Who decided it was old and outdated? When was that determined? Was there a law passed? The only thing that dehumanizes people is treating criminals as someone to be pitied.

Mexico is going to LOVE Donald Trump for returning so many hard working people back to their homeland. It's a beautiful thing. Mexico will flourish with the addition of that incredible work force.

It's disgusting that the USA has been stealing Mexican labor for decades. The racism has got to stop. We are using brown people as slaves and it's disgusting.

The liberal elites are worried about losing their housekeepers.

Forum List

Back