🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Then and Now: Crony Capitalist

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
trump_then_now.jpg

Just like his dad, Fred Trump, Donald has "earned" his fortune by sucking up to elected whores like his good friend Hillary Clinton ever since he crawled out of Brooklyn in the 1970s.

"It is a November day in Philadelphia, 1974. On sale in a federal bankruptcy court are the largest undeveloped tracts of land left in Manhattan — the West Side rail yards, stretching along the waterfront from 30th to 39th streets and 59th to 72nd streets. One of these properties — the 30th Street parcel — has since become the designated site for the city's convention center. The other is being promoted as a 5,000-unit housing project surrounded by parks and a shopping area."

"The seller is the bankrupt Penn Central Transportation Company (PCTC), which is attempting to reorganize itself by turning it's real-estate portfolio into capital. The buyer is Donald Trump, then 28 years old, the son of Brooklyn's largest apartment builder..."

Donald wants an exclusive option on the property but advances no cash. He promises to obtain the required zoning changes and taxpayer subsidies to guarantee a minimum $62 million land purchase price.

Without New York's City Hall cooperation Trumps proposal would have stood little chance of being accepted.

That's when Fred Trump made his contribution:

"Trump's father, Fred, had known Abe Beame, then the mayor, for some 30 years — and had been a campaign contributor for 20; the firm is tied to the same Brooklyn Democratic machine which spawned Beame's political career.

"Trump's attorney Bunny Lindenbaum, seated beside him in the courtroom that morning, is Beame's oldest and closest friend.

"Penn Central representatives began negotiating with Trump two weeks after Beame became mayor.

"Trump's option is scheduled to end when Beame's term is up.

"There can be no misunderstanding: Trump, in that Philadelphia courtroom, was executing a political option."

Behind the Seventies-Era Deals That Made Donald Trump

That is why I am not sold on Trump.I only want him to get elected because he is better than the alternative,the evil mass murdering WITCH HELLERY.

"Editor's Note: This is the second of a two-part series on Donald Trump and the real estate empire he and his father built. In 1979, Wayne Barrett spent two months researching the story. He read thousands of pages of court documents in Philadelphia and New York and campaign contribution filings in Albany. He spent fifteen hours interviewing Donald Trump. The Voice is republishing Barrett's accounts as Trump, now 69, is making news as a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination. Part one of Barrett's series, which originally ran in the January 15 and January 22 issues in 1979, can be found here."
Like Trump, the author of these pieces, Wayne Barrett, is a native New Yorker who has followed Donald's dealings for the last forty years.
Behind the Seventies-Era Deals That Made Donald Trump

That is why I am not sold on Trump.I only want him to get elected because he is better than the alternative,the evil mass murdering WITCH HELLERY.
I agree.
If the only choice is Trump or Hillary, I'm going with Trump.
In a best case scenario, both Trump and Clinton are revealed in all their corrupt glory between Labor Day and Halloween, and millions of mad-as-hell voters choose between Green and Libertarian party candidates.
I know it's a long shot.
Kinda like the Rams winning the next Superbowl:eek:

Forum List

Back