Trump trying to destroy Free Press?

Donald Trump's Attempt to Destroy Press Freedom Is Reminiscent of 1930's Fascists
By Robert Reich, Robert Reich's Facebook Page

15 May 16

you republicans here think it's all well and good?

rsn-O.jpg
f Donald Trump’s many fascistic tendencies, his treatment of the media -- "disgusting reporters" he calls them – replicates the tactics of demagogues since the 1930s:

1. Banning not just reporters but even publications that have covered him negatively from covering at his public events, while giving campaign credentials to extremist outlets like “Political Cesspool,” a radio show that labels itself "pro-white.”

2. Inciting crowds against the media.Trump regularly whips his crowds into an anti-media frenzy and urges his fans to boo the press pen. Hostile rhetoric toward the press is a staple of his events. "I would never kill them, but I do hate them," he said of the press in December. "And some of them are such lying, disgusting people."

3. Throwing reporters out of Trump rallies. Last weekend, Michael Mayo, a columnist for Florida's Sun-Sentinel, was threatened with arrest if he didn’t leave a Trump rally in West Boca after he entered through the public line and tried to film protesters. The campaign has reportedly begun to intersperse plainclothes security officers amid the crowd to root out anyone who is not a true Trump fan.

4. Using violence against reporters. Two weeks ago, a Secret Service officer watching over the press section choked Time photographer Chris Morris and slammed him to the ground when he tried to venture out of the media pen.

5. Threatening the media with libel. Last month, Trump vowed to make libel laws more punitive against the media if he becomes president. "I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money," Trump said during a campaign event in Texas.

A free society depends on a free press. Which is why demagogues and fascists like Trump seek to destroy press freedom.

What do you think?
Godwin's Law right out of the gate...... Talk about willfully blind idiocy....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(No I'm not a Frump fan).

There's another law, called "Absolute Antigodwin". (it's new, I just made it up. :D )
--- it states that if you dismiss everything that compares Hitler as a fallacy, then nothing about Hitler can ever be compared, even if the comparison is legitimate.

In this case the OP didn't mention Hitler, but rather fascism.

However the point may be partially well taken. I don't think Rump's blatant opposition to the Constitution (here) necessarily derives from his fascism --- rather, I believe it derives from his Narcissism. He's notoriously unable to handle any kind of criticism or questioning, and has a long and very checkered history of lawsuits as temper tantrums. This is all derived from an infantile egocentricity that defines literally everything he does, and always has. In this case he wants to eminent domain the First Amendment and build a Rump Penis Tower on it just so that infantile ego might be spared those inconvenient questioning. In short (< finger reference), it's all about Numero Uno, like everything else he does.

By contrast the other assault on the First Amendment, deporting people based on their religion, is more indirectly self-serving; it doesn't serve his überego directly, but it fuels the platitude-seeking rabble, who then turn to worship Him for saying it, even if it contradicts the cornerstone of their own society. So that's more indirect and more calculated, but ultimately --- same source.

Donald Trump's Attempt to Destroy Press Freedom Is Reminiscent of 1930's Fascists

15 May 16

rsn-O.jpg
f Donald Trump’s many fascistic tendencies, his treatment of the media -- "disgusting reporters" he calls them – replicates the tactics of demagogues since the 1930s:

1. Banning not just reporters but even publications that have covered him negatively from covering at his public events, while giving campaign credentials to extremist outlets like “Political Cesspool,” a radio show that labels itself "pro-white.”

2. Inciting crowds against the media.Trump regularly whips his crowds into an anti-media frenzy and urges his fans to boo the press pen. Hostile rhetoric toward the press is a staple of his events. "I would never kill them, but I do hate them," he said of the press in December. "And some of them are such lying, disgusting people."

3. Throwing reporters out of Trump rallies. Last weekend, Michael Mayo, a columnist for Florida's Sun-Sentinel, was threatened with arrest if he didn’t leave a Trump rally in West Boca after he entered through the public line and tried to film protesters. The campaign has reportedly begun to intersperse plainclothes security officers amid the crowd to root out anyone who is not a true Trump fan.

4. Using violence against reporters. Two weeks ago, a Secret Service officer watching over the press section choked Time photographer Chris Morris and slammed him to the ground when he tried to venture out of the media pen.

5. Threatening the media with libel. Last month, Trump vowed to make libel laws more punitive against the media if he becomes president. "I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money," Trump said during a campaign event in Texas.

A free society depends on a free press. Which is why demagogues and fascists like Trump seek to destroy press freedom.

What do you think?

I think the First Amendment is the cornerstone of the whole deal and that's why they made it Number One. An 18th century manifestation of State the Obvious.
It wasn't number one, it was number three.

Try again.

Really. You actually think the First Amendment is preceded by two others.

Not a math major I take it.
It was the first to pass. Of the Bill of Rights, 12 were proposed, two before it. Not a History major I see.

James Madison's Failed Amendments | Teachinghistory.org

Yeah you go with that, Sparkles. "First" means "third". Ignorance is strength.
Rotsa ruck wit dat. :cuckoo:

15 May 16

rsn-O.jpg

What do you think?

I think the First Amendment is the cornerstone of the whole deal and that's why they made it Number One. An 18th century manifestation of State the Obvious.

Try again.

It was the first to pass. Of the Bill of Rights, 12 were proposed, two before it. Not a History major I see.

Hey dumbfuck, it was so important they made it number three. Just suck it up like a man, bitch.

Uh-Huh, Amendment 1/3 and Amendment 1/2 preceded it but the founding fathers weren't good with fractions so they canned 'em and decided to stick with integers. :p
"The states ratified the last 10 of the 12 amendments. They became the first 10 amendments to the Constitution, and are now referred to as the Bill of Rights. Not enough states (10 were needed at the time) ratified the first two of Madison's original 12, however, and they did not become law."

If only Americans knew history.

LOL, If only some people knew the difference between ratified and not ratified.... :rolleyes: , if we counted all the proposed amendments since the ratification of the COTUS we'd have over 11,500 amendments.

"Almost only counts in darts and hand grenades" --- Anonymous

Try again.

Hey dumbfuck, it was so important they made it number three. Just suck it up like a man, bitch.

Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system....

And the left blatantly ignores the behavior of their own. No surprise, though.

Uh-Huh, Amendment 1/3 and Amendment 1/2 preceded it but the founding fathers weren't good with fractions so they canned 'em and decided to stick with integers. :p
"The states ratified the last 10 of the 12 amendments. They became the first 10 amendments to the Constitution, and are now referred to as the Bill of Rights. Not enough states (10 were needed at the time) ratified the first two of Madison's original 12, however, and they did not become law."

LOL, If only some people knew the difference between ratified and not ratified.... :rolleyes: , if we counted all the proposed amendments since the ratification of the COTUS we'd have over 11,500 amendments.

Asshole said the First was so important they made it #1. He's dead wrong. Don't be as big a dumbfuck as he is.

The Bill of Rights - Text Version - Archiving Early America

The freedom to lie should never be attacked with the truth. Is that what democrats are trying to say?

Asshole said the First was so important they made it #1. He's dead wrong. Don't be as big a dumbfuck as he is.
It is #1 since it was the at the top of the list of the amendments in the BOR that were actually ratified (as in both Congress and the States agreed on them, that's the "THEY" you apparently have been unable to wrap your head around), this probably has something to do with why it's called the first amendment.

But go ahead and check with the COTUS and see if you can find 2 amendments that proceed the first.... we'll wait.

:popcorn:

15 May 16

rsn-O.jpg

What do you think?

There's nothing in The Constitution that requires unlimited media access to every single event that occurs.

Seems to me, if they weren't ratified, and didn't become Amendments, they were suggestions.

It is #1 since it was the at the top of the list of the amendments in the BOR that were actually ratified (as in both Congress and the States agreed on them, that's the "THEY" you apparently have been unable to wrap your head around), this probably has something to do with why it's called the first amendment.

But go ahead and check with the COTUS and see if you can find 2 amendments that proceed the first.... we'll wait.

Hey dumbfuck, Congress thought 1 and 2, which didn't make it, were more important.

"Here is the complete text of the original twelve amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

Article I
After the first enumeration required by the first article of the Constitution, there shall be one representative for every thirty thousand, until the number shall amount to one hundred, after which the proportion shall be so regulated by Congress, that there shall be not less than one hundred representatives, nor less than one representative for every forty thousand persons, until the number of representatives shall amount to two hundred; after which the proportion shall be so regulated by Congress, that there shall be not less than two hundred representatives, nor more than one representative for every fifty thousand persons.

Article II
No law varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.

Article III
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I uh --- don't think you're getting the idea here.

Running a "static noise machine" at a private event, apparently to shut somebody out of hearing ----- isn't qute the same thing as suppressing the right to speaking.

"Hearing" / "Speaking". Know the difference.

As another post said,
There's nothing in The Constitution that requires unlimited media access to every single event that occurs.

What the fuck is "static noise" anyway?

Trump's OK. In fact, I hope Trump deports the OP with the first load of Illegals
trump won't be deporting anyone or anything for that matter. However, he will continue to import his line of clothing --- cheaply made, mass produced junk --- manufactured in China and sold to his followers here.

Hey dumbfuck, Congress thought 1 and 2, which didn't make it, were more important.

"Here is the complete text of the original twelve amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

Article I
After the first enumeration required by the first article of the Constitution, there shall be one representative for every thirty thousand, until the number shall amount to one hundred, after which the proportion shall be so regulated by Congress, that there shall be not less than one hundred representatives, nor less than one representative for every forty thousand persons, until the number of representatives shall amount to two hundred; after which the proportion shall be so regulated by Congress, that there shall be not less than two hundred representatives, nor more than one representative for every fifty thousand persons.

Article II
No law varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.

Article III
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Jesus Christ on a cracker, grow the fuck UP already.

zg5XE_s-200x150.gif

Running a "static noise machine" at a private event, apparently to shut somebody out of hearing ----- isn't qute the same thing as suppressing the right to speaking.

Article I

Article II

Article III

Jesus Christ on a cracker, grow the fuck UP already.

zg5XE_s-200x150.gif
Take your own advice, asswipe. And learn actual American history, not that shit you make like saying the First was so important it was number one. It wasn't.

Be a man, and admit you were wrong.

NOW the pos trumps says if elected he would NOT have a good relationship with England because Cameron spoke badly about him GET IT REPUBS? you're trying to put the asshole of all time in our WH

15 May 16

rsn-O.jpg

What do you think?
Godwin's Law right out of the gate...... Talk about willfully blind idiocy....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(No I'm not a Frump fan).

There's another law, called "Absolute Antigodwin". (it's new, I just made it up. :D )
--- it states that if you dismiss everything that compares Hitler as a fallacy, then nothing about Hitler can ever be compared, even if the comparison is legitimate.

In this case the OP didn't mention Hitler, but rather fascism.

However the point may be partially well taken. I don't think Rump's blatant opposition to the Constitution (here) necessarily derives from his fascism --- rather, I believe it derives from his Narcissism. He's notoriously unable to handle any kind of criticism or questioning, and has a long and very checkered history of lawsuits as temper tantrums. This is all derived from an infantile egocentricity that defines literally everything he does, and always has. In this case he wants to eminent domain the First Amendment and build a Rump Penis Tower on it just so that infantile ego might be spared those inconvenient questioning. In short (< finger reference), it's all about Numero Uno, like everything else he does.

By contrast the other assault on the First Amendment, deporting people based on their religion, is more indirectly self-serving; it doesn't serve his überego directly, but it fuels the platitude-seeking rabble, who then turn to worship Him for saying it, even if it contradicts the cornerstone of their own society. So that's more indirect and more calculated, but ultimately --- same source.

By default most people will automatically associate Fascism with Hitler's Nazism even though Nazism (under Hitler) was not true Fascism. Since that is the typical inference that's what I was addressing.

A term that originated on Usenet, Godwin's Law states that as an online argument grows longer and more heated, it becomes increasingly likely that somebody will bring up Adolf Hitler or the Nazis. When such an event occurs, the person guilty of invoking Godwin's Law has effectively forfieted the argument.

Why then didn't the OP compare it to the Communist suppression/control of the press? Just as appropriate when making false comparisons. How about comparing it to the partisan journalism that has permeated the press since the times leading up to the American Revolution? How about comparing it to Bill and Hillary's more subtle but much more effective manipulation/control of press access?
Oh yeah, partisan politics........ I almost forgot........ :D

The title says nothing of free speech. It says destroying free press, dear.
Here is another for you
Hillary Clinton Denies BLM Entry to Her Event

As another post said,

Last edited:

Forum List

Back